Predictions!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Predictions!

Since there seem to be a lot of threads that boil down to people congratulating themselves on their predictions (obnoxiously) or arguing with others on who predicted what, let's just get our best and worst predictions out there.

My good ones: Begged for the matchup with Montreal in 2011 and was a Cup believer, applauded the Krug signing as a coup, said Chiarelli was the best GM (before it was cool to do so), picked B's for Cup final last year.

My bad ones: Applauded the Matt Lashoff draft pick, thought Max Sauve would make it, predicted the Oilers to make the playoffs this year, wanted the Bruins to sign Stephane De Costa, despite cost.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

Re: Predictions!

my worst: I thought Ryan Button was going to be good!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

I predicted Marco would be a decent, knowledgeable  contributor to this board.

Boy, did I get that one wrong!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

I predict this thread will turn into Stanley talking about all his great predictions ignoring the hundreds he got wrong or the fact that of course he'll get a lot of predictions right because he changes them constantly.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Oh boy, don't know if theres enough room for my predictions that went south.

Good: Predicted Subban will win Norris. Predicted Kings would make Finals at beginning of year they went. Came close with Capitals.

Bad: Read my prediction threads. Samsonite! I was way off! Pretty sure I predicted breakout years for Neiderrieter and Backlund last year, Fleury would turn it around in last years playoffs etc..Too many in the ball dropped department that I'm sure I conveniently forget right now. Anyone brings them, I plead the 5th!!

New Predictions( I never learn) 

1. Nugent-Hopkins will win a scoring title.

2. Carey Price will start for Team Canada.

3. There will be a significant injury at this years Olympics that will jeopardize the future of NHL player participations in the future.

4. Brad Marchand is traded before his career is over.

5. Evgeny Malkin is traded before his career is over.

6. There will be a team in Quebec within 3 years.

7. Stanley punishes this thread.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

Good: Predicted Subban will win Norris. Predicted Kings would make Finals at beginning of year they went. Came close with Capitals.

^Subban.  That was a good one.  I argued you to death on that.  Decision still bothers me, but you were right.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Some Stanley ones that come to mind were picking the Leafs to beat the Bruins last year, during the series; saying they couldn't win without Wheeler, needed Brian McGratton in the lineup to win; hyped Camper the same way he is Spooner now...but it would be better if he shared them himself...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

If you truly are a fan of a team that competes each year for the Cup, then all your predictions should come true.  Some posters display the six qualities of narcissism. Easy to look them up and apply. George Carlin says it best: The reason I talk to myself is that I'm the only one whose answers I accept.

Introspectively, I said the Seidenberg trade was horrible,  Recchi was too old, Marchand was going to be flash in the pan,  Seguin was going to be the next Yzerman.  I also thought CJs system was not working up to 2011.  I did not predict the Bs to win the Cup but in every series I was an optimist.  I was particularly an optimist that year facing the Canadians.   

I like these posters seen more often.  Book, he creates thought. Kel, he knows goaltending, Shupe, he has a good read on discipline.  OatesCam, staight forward...swear he is Joey Juneau, Goodnewsbear, thought he was KPD (NOT),  NAS, he likes Cracker and is the master of the sarcastic one liner. Red, always has an excellent perceiption of the hockey subject. DrCC, stats guy.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

John Scott will play for Sabres December 19.  There will be trouble

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to marco0863's comment:

Less recently as a kid

I predicted

Dave pasin. Shayne stevendon, rob cimetta, wes walz would be stars

Also Michael Thelven - good dman 

And get this Brian Ferriera though he'd be a star

I Was 13 maybe 14

-----------

Going pretty far back there.  Since you were dinging me on a statement about Colborne possibly being a good AHL player before getting to see him in the NHL, I have to ask if you might have made some more recent bad predictions...about Kessel and the Bruins not winning without him...etc?

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

^Subban.  That was a good one.  I argued you to death on that.  Decision still bothers me, but you were right.

[/QUOTE]

Hold on.  Dez and I started that debate.  So obnoxiously i am taking credit for that.  

I said souray would rebound and that redden and gomez would rise again.  

wrong about most Bruin contracts esp chara.   Wrong about many threads but love to argue the other side.  

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Kessel like it or not right on

Hmmm...had to go back to one of your previous accounts, but below are some marco predictions from the 2010-11 Stanley Cup championship season, just a few months before they won it all.  You even hammer Bergeron, Krejci, and Stanley...  I've bolded some of the good stuff.

Here's a link to the whole thread in case the formatting is a mess:

http://boston.com/community/forums/sports/bruins/on-the-front-burner/bergeron-for-kessel-straight-up/100/6217350

1.        Re: Bergeron for Kessel straight up!!!

posted at 12/20/2010 11:56 PM EST

o    

o    marco1001

o    Posts: 359

o    First: 12/31/2009

o    Last: 1/22/2011

In Response to Bergeron for Kessel straight up!!!:
    [QUOTE]Before Bergeron NTC kicks in........they aren't going anywhere with Bergy sorry folks. At least Kessel is entertaining.......Krejci, Seguin, Kessel, Lucic...that's exciting...once they fire Clod
    Posted by nash99[/QUOTE]

i agree

2.        Re: Bergeron for Kessel straight up!!!

posted at 12/20/2010 11:57 PM EST

o    

o    marco1001

In Response to Re: Bergeron for Kessel straight up!!!:
    [QUOTE]He left because of a clown named Clod. Get rid of Clod and all our problems are solved. We have no breakout..we have no PP. That's coaching. He ran off Kessel and he will run off Seguin. Just watch. Change the coach already!!!
    Posted by nash99[/QUOTE]

nope he left because of 2 clowns , one cj and the other chiarelli

3.        Re: Bergeron for Kessel straight up!!!

posted at 12/21/2010 12:05 AM EST

o    

o    marco1001

bergeron is a likable guy, but he has way too many ordinary to subpatr games . last yr there were some saying he will get 7m . i said he will make same or less them he was making. Personally i would have given him less. Winning faceoffs just doesn't cut it. This  team desperately needs speed and guys who ccan score. krejci is a clever crafty player but he's not that fast and he can't score for beans. Can he actually slap from the blueline , will the puck get to the net. well folks this is the last year for cj , if we go on my prediction of summer 2009, and did also say chiarelli would last another 1-1.5 yrs afte clod the frod is gone. BIG PUUPY FACE DUMBO, such a genious. fire that idiot wilson in toronto and hire claude and let's see what  the fats differnece he can make

just saw wilson walk away from reorters when questioned about the booing and stuff. Hey wilson! what a pro u are , ur very accomadating when it comes ques are sweet , u jerk . can't take the heat get out of the kitchen.

4.        Re: Bergeron for Kessel straight up!!!

posted at 12/21/2010 12:06 AM EST

o    

o    marco1001

[QUOTE]No thanks I'll keep Bergeron ....but would give Paille and Ryder for Kessel Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013
    Posted by StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011[/QUOTE]

that from a guy who has us winning the cup every year, Well seeing ur credibilty is so high , u got me wondering!

5.        Re: Bergeron for Kessel straight up!!!

posted at 12/21/2010 12:09 AM EST

o    

o    marco1001

[QUOTE]a typical night for Kessel tonight.  6 shots, 6 missed shots, no goals, no assists and minus 2 on the night. For the Kessel lovers, they think this is awesome. He is on pace for about 30 goals this year and of course that makes him a 40 goal scorer and Kessel is a superstar in your mind. Whatever, you have your kinky practices, whatever floats you boat, but I wish your Kessel fetish would be kept behind closed doors and pulled curtains where it belongs.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

i dont't kno what it's gonna take for u to undersdtand. ok he may not be a 40 gs, but i don't care what he does in toronto , he's a player type we need here in bostpn. Does a cup excite or do u get ur excitement from the draft! 

it's what he does in boston, cannot wait for the xcuses to come about on our awful offence, it's the injuries of course, spoken like true losers!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

My point, we've all made a lot of mistakes here, and some posters shouldn't be celebrating their correct predictions (and taunting others) quite so boisterously.

Just remembered that I liked Alexandrov too...ouch.  My predictions for the defensive core could have had Alexandrov, Lashoff, and Button playing together...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Hold on.  Dez and I started that debate.  So obnoxiously i am taking credit for that.  

I said souray would rebound and that redden and gomez would rise again.  

wrong about most Bruin contracts esp chara.   Wrong about many threads but love to argue the other side.  

[/QUOTE]

And feel free to go back and revisit that debate. You'll notice that I said he could win but was undeserving if he did. I still stand by that. His being on the bubble for Team Canada makes me feel like I might've been right. He's skilled but nowhere near the league's best to these eyes.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

My point, we've all made a lot of mistakes here, and some posters shouldn't be celebrating their correct predictions (and taunting others) quite so boisterously.

Just remembered that I liked Alexandrov too...ouch.  My predictions for the defensive core could have had Alexandrov, Lashoff, and Button playing together...

[/QUOTE]

Good work Fletcher uou are driven my friend

Hey can u tell me if there is a way to get posts from july 2008 to oct 2009

[/QUOTE]

I have no idea -- can't get past 2010.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

I thought Sauve was going to be the real deal. Ditto on Colbourne.

I thought Caron was never going to amount to anything more than a career 3rd or 4th liner. I think I was spot on with that one.

I thought Kessel was going to turn into an elite scorer in the NHL, without the aid of a Savard (I think I can say that I'm right at this point).

I thought Lucic was heavily overrated after his first two years in the league. I'm wrong on that one (unless he plays like he did in the regular season last year).

I thought Chris Bourque was going to be able to provide something. Nuff said.

I hated the Sobotka trade when it happened. Still do.

I thought Cross was going to turn into a stud. No go.

I didn't like the Khochlachev pick. Not sure, but I'm not sold yet.

I liked the Knight pick over the Spooner pick. I think I can say that I was wrong.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

My prediction on the playoffs pool (go check if u want) is Leafs in 5 ...I would love to see the BRUINS winning ...but I have no more hope ...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]

I thought the same about caron

Never thought milan would score 30- wrong

[/QUOTE]

I bet just about everyone underestimated Lucic.  Even when he was blowing us away with his toughness in his rookie season, his skating seemed so questionable.  Then after the ankle injury and the 20 point season, it was hard to imagine him coming back and having a 30-30 season the next year.  Can't imagine anyone predicted that.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Good thread fletch. 

I think I am more of an opinion guy than a prediction guy.  A couple of my most embarrassing moments would be:

• Hoping/wanting the B's to draft Kabanov early
    • Advocating the firing of CJ
    • Making the case that TT was over-rated
    • Thinking Landon Wilson was going to be stud

Highlight?

• Earning a "Crowls Was Right" thread from NAS for our pending-UFA's getting traded discussion