Predictions!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Re: Predictions!

I usually don't make the huge predictions, just fill out those prediction threads when they pop up, and wow I'm awful at it. It would take me a lot of time to go back and research those threads to see how many I've blown.

One's I can recall that I did get right were that the Bruins would be in the 27-30 draft spot in both 2011 and 2013 (though we traded away the 2013 pick). And the one I got the absolute most flack for was predicting way back in 2004 that the NHL would eventually come back to the Peg - I got mocked for that for years. I also in December of 2010 I said it would likely be the Thrashers instead of the Yotes though I couched that one a little bit by saying it could still be Phoenix.

But like I said I've blown a lot of other predictions, including that Phoenix wouldn't find an owner to keep them in Glendale.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to marco0863's comment:

[QUOTE]

Kessel like it or not right on

[/QUOTE]

Hmmm...had to go back to one of your previous accounts, but below are some marco predictions from the 2010-11 Stanley Cup championship season, just a few months before they won it all.  You even hammer Bergeron, Krejci, and Stanley...  I've bolded some of the good stuff.

Here's a link to the whole thread in case the formatting is a mess:

http://boston.com/community/forums/sports/bruins/on-the-front-burner/bergeron-for-kessel-straight-up/100/6217350

1.        Re: Bergeron for Kessel straight up!!!

posted at 12/20/2010 11:56 PM EST

o    

o    marco1001

o    Posts: 359

o    First: 12/31/2009

o    Last: 1/22/2011

In Response to Bergeron for Kessel straight up!!!:
    [QUOTE]Before Bergeron NTC kicks in........they aren't going anywhere with Bergy sorry folks. At least Kessel is entertaining.......Krejci, Seguin, Kessel, Lucic...that's exciting...once they fire Clod
    Posted by nash99[/QUOTE]

i agree

2.        Re: Bergeron for Kessel straight up!!!

posted at 12/20/2010 11:57 PM EST

o    

o    marco1001

In Response to Re: Bergeron for Kessel straight up!!!:
    [QUOTE]He left because of a clown named Clod. Get rid of Clod and all our problems are solved. We have no breakout..we have no PP. That's coaching. He ran off Kessel and he will run off Seguin. Just watch. Change the coach already!!!
    Posted by nash99[/QUOTE]

nope he left because of 2 clowns , one cj and the other chiarelli

3.        Re: Bergeron for Kessel straight up!!!

posted at 12/21/2010 12:05 AM EST

o    

o    marco1001

bergeron is a likable guy, but he has way too many ordinary to subpatr games . last yr there were some saying he will get 7m . i said he will make same or less them he was making. Personally i would have given him less. Winning faceoffs just doesn't cut it. This  team desperately needs speed and guys who ccan score. krejci is a clever crafty player but he's not that fast and he can't score for beans. Can he actually slap from the blueline , will the puck get to the net. well folks this is the last year for cj , if we go on my prediction of summer 2009, and did also say chiarelli would last another 1-1.5 yrs afte clod the frod is gone. BIG PUUPY FACE DUMBO, such a genious. fire that idiot wilson in toronto and hire claude and let's see what  the fats differnece he can make

just saw wilson walk away from reorters when questioned about the booing and stuff. Hey wilson! what a pro u are , ur very accomadating when it comes ques are sweet , u jerk . can't take the heat get out of the kitchen.

4.        Re: Bergeron for Kessel straight up!!!

posted at 12/21/2010 12:06 AM EST

o    

o    marco1001

[QUOTE]No thanks I'll keep Bergeron ....but would give Paille and Ryder for Kessel Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013
    Posted by StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011[/QUOTE]

that from a guy who has us winning the cup every year, Well seeing ur credibilty is so high , u got me wondering!

5.        Re: Bergeron for Kessel straight up!!!

posted at 12/21/2010 12:09 AM EST

o    

o    marco1001

[QUOTE]a typical night for Kessel tonight.  6 shots, 6 missed shots, no goals, no assists and minus 2 on the night. For the Kessel lovers, they think this is awesome. He is on pace for about 30 goals this year and of course that makes him a 40 goal scorer and Kessel is a superstar in your mind. Whatever, you have your kinky practices, whatever floats you boat, but I wish your Kessel fetish would be kept behind closed doors and pulled curtains where it belongs.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

i dont't kno what it's gonna take for u to undersdtand. ok he may not be a 40 gs, but i don't care what he does in toronto , he's a player type we need here in bostpn. Does a cup excite or do u get ur excitement from the draft! 

it's what he does in boston, cannot wait for the xcuses to come about on our awful offence, it's the injuries of course, spoken like true losers!

[/QUOTE]

So the god awful horrible spelling ist an IPhone or anything. How could it be?

He's a liar and a moron.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to kelvana33's comment:

[QUOTE]

Oh boy, don't know if theres enough room for my predictions that went south.

Good: Predicted Subban will win Norris. Predicted Kings would make Finals at beginning of year they went. Came close with Capitals.

[/QUOTE]

^Subban.  That was a good one.  I argued you to death on that.  Decision still bothers me, but you were right.

[/QUOTE]

Hold on.  Dez and I started that debate.  So obnoxiously i am taking credit for that.  

I said souray would rebound and that redden and gomez would rise again.  

wrong about most Bruin contracts esp chara.   Wrong about many threads but love to argue the other side.  

[/QUOTE]

I was pumping Subbans tires long before you two started that debate.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Good: Predicted Subban will win Norris. Predicted Kings would make Finals at beginning of year they went. Came close with Capitals.

[/QUOTE]

^Subban.  That was a good one.  I argued you to death on that.  Decision still bothers me, but you were right.

[/QUOTE]

Hold on.  Dez and I started that debate.  So obnoxiously i am taking credit for that.  

wrong about most Bruin contracts esp chara.   Wrong about many threads but love to argue the other side.  

[/QUOTE]

And feel free to go back and revisit that debate. You'll notice that I said he could win but was undeserving if he did. I still stand by that. His being on the bubble for Team Canada makes me feel like I might've been right. He's skilled but nowhere near the league's best to these eyes.

[/QUOTE]

And if you go back you will see that i didnt think he would win so soon.  i think he will be the 7th dman since 7 can dress.  i dont think hes undeserving.  About as underserving as karlsson, coffee, leetch and any other offensive oriented dman.   

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No chance.  Like 10 yrs?   I was praising him when everyone was bad mouthing him.  I was comparing his annoying style with our own rat.   Price i might give you bc ive been a big fan of his as well but im owning pk and the norris chatter since it generated around his contract when the norris talk started.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No chance.  Like 10 yrs?   I was praising him when everyone was bad mouthing him.  I was comparing his annoying style with our own rat.   Price i might give you bc ive been a big fan of his as well but im owning pk and the norris chatter since it generated around his contract when the norris talk started.  

[/QUOTE]

I know you've liked him since the beginning Shupe, me too. Awesome talent. One of my first posts on here was an argument if you want to call it that with Fletch about him. Fletch will remember, I accused Fletch of hating him for the color of his skin and not the color of his jersey,,I was kidding, but boy was Fletch mad at me. Fletch will recall this now that I've mentioned that.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobruins. Show bobruins's posts

Predictions are for smart a**es who when they get it right say ''I called this one'' or ''I told you so''

This makes them feel good about themselves..... When they get it wrong they hardly ever admit it...

I just watch the games and hope the Bruins win every night .....

Who cares about predictions........As if your prediction will change something.......yahh right....

Cheers

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

I remember the NAS argument that a goalie in the 1st round is unsound.  Within the last few months his prediction seems to project well.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I know you've liked him since the beginning Shupe, me too. Awesome talent. One of my first posts on here was an argument if you want to call it that with Fletch about him. Fletch will remember, I accused Fletch of hating him for the color of his skin and not the color of his jersey,,I was kidding, but boy was Fletch mad at me. Fletch will recall this now that I've mentioned that.

[/QUOTE]

I will share pk if you share price.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

And feel free to go back and revisit that debate. You'll notice that I said he could win but was undeserving if he did. I still stand by that. His being on the bubble for Team Canada makes me feel like I might've been right. He's skilled but nowhere near the league's best to these eyes.

[/QUOTE]

And if you go back you will see that i didnt think he would win so soon.  i think he will be the 7th dman since 7 can dress.  i dont think hes undeserving.  About as underserving as karlsson, coffee, leetch and any other offensive oriented dman.   

[/QUOTE]

I don't think he was undeserving because he's offensive. I think he's undeserving because Letang equalled his points in fewer games and because Suter was just a better D man. Good for him that he won but I don't see it happening had they played the full season.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I don't think he was undeserving because he's offensive. I think he's undeserving because Letang equalled his points in fewer games and because Suter was just a better D man. Good for him that he won but I don't see it happening had they played the full season.

[/QUOTE]

Me as well and i doubt he wins another,just my overall view of Subban.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

Subban was super underserving of the Norris. Whether or not you think he has major shortcomings (i do), Suter was just a way better d man. 

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Hmm, predictions. They make people mad, but:

Predictions I got wrong:

-Said Seguin would pull it together for the 2013 playoffs

-That Jagr's aquisition would solve the B's Power play issues

-Optimistically said that by the end of the Chicago series, Chara would prove his doubters wrong and handle Kane and Co, regardless of the series outcome.

Prediction that's still undetermined:

-Said Holtby was a flash in the pan and overrated.  He is, but not settled yet.

Predictions I got right:

-stated unequivically that the Ilya Bryzgalov deal would be a spectacular disaster of epic proportions

-said that the 2013 Bruins playoff run would eventually end as a direct result of their terrifying inability to hold 3rd period leads.  (lots of commentary after the TO comeback, but that's a different subject). See Games 1 & 6 vs Chi.

-stated more than once that the re-alignment decision moving Detroit into Boston's division would result in an absolute torture of the Bruins.  (no, I didnt expect them to get roasted by a Datsyuk-less lineup and a backup goalie)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to SoxFanInIL's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Predictions I got wrong:

-Optimistically said that by the end of the Chicago series, Chara would prove his doubters wrong and handle Kane and Co, regardless of the series outcome.

Predictions I got right:

-stated unequivically that the Ilya Bryzgalov deal would be a spectacular disaster of epic proportions

-said that the 2013 Bruins playoff run would eventually end as a direct result of their terrifying inability to hold 3rd period leads.  (lots of commentary after the TO comeback, but that's a different subject). See Games 1 & 6 vs Chi.

-stated more than once that the re-alignment decision moving Detroit into Boston's division would result in an absolute torture of the Bruins.  (no, I didnt expect them to get roasted by a Datsyuk-less lineup and a backup goalie)

[/QUOTE]

shuttup. you don't predict. you go on rants. like how the team was gutless choke artists in the midst of the toronto series...remember that?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to SoxFanInIL's comment:

Predictions I got wrong:

Predictions I got right:

Ones you got wrong? How about they'd be done in 4 in the first round last year? This is part of why I don't make predictons often outside of the pre-season or pre-postseason prediction threads. They're unmemorable. But a weeks' long rant about how they're gutless cowardly pukes who have no heart and will get swept out? That's memorable.

If I make a prediction that seems to go south, like my bet with Stanley so far this season, I'm happy to admit my mistake and lack of foresight. You? You either pretend it never happened, hope we'll forget about it, or blame it on being "overemotional in the moment" as if most of the folks from Mass on this site weren't at least as wrapped up in the moment as you were, yet they never let it meld into their feelings for the Bruins. You ended up spending months deriding this team as gutless and useless and completely changed your tune the moment they made it to the finals. Yet that doesn't get a note in your "predictions I got wrong"? Why not? Shouldn't that be near the top of the list? I distinctly recall you inferring I was a fool and accusing me of "drinng the kool-aid" when I said the Bruins would get a draft spot between 27 and 30 last year (meaning they'd make at least the semifinals) Who got that one right? You can't rant and rave about your predictions and think that we'd forget what they were.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

sorry, double post

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Here's a good thread for SoxFanIL, debating whether the Bruins should be afraid of playing the Habs (3 months before they won the Cup):

http://boston.com/community/forums/sports/bruins/on-the-front-burner/for-those-who-say-they-want-habs-in-1st-round/100/5969468

Or this one of course:

http://boston.com/community/forums/sports/bruins/on-the-front-burner/i-do-hate-always-being-right/100/6641183

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Wow, I remember that argument, but I think I forgot it was you.  How dare you? ;)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]a typical night for Kessel tonight.  6 shots, 6 missed shots, no goals, no assists and minus 2 on the night. For the Kessel lovers, they think this is awesome. He is on pace for about 30 goals this year and of course that makes him a 40 goal scorer and Kessel is a superstar in your mind. Whatever, you have your kinky practices, whatever floats you boat, but I wish your Kessel fetish would be kept behind closed doors and pulled curtains where it belongs.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

i dont't kno what it's gonna take for u to undersdtand. ok he may not be a 40 gs, but i don't care what he does in toronto , he's a player type we need here in bostpn. Does a cup excite or do u get ur excitement from the draft! 

it's what he does in boston, cannot wait for the xcuses to come about on our awful offence, it's the injuries of course, spoken like true losers! 
    [/QUOTE]

So the god awful horrible spelling ist an IPhone or anything. How could it be?

He's a liar and a moron. [/QUOTE]

Both!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

A good thread on the Flyers/Bryzgalov at the time of the signing.  We can see who said what:

http://boston.com/community/forums/sports/bruins/on-the-front-burner/philly-fans-are-pssed/100/5979942

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]

A good thread on the Flyers/Bryzgalov at the time of the signing.  We can see who said what:

http://boston.com/community/forums/sports/bruins/on-the-front-burner/philly-fans-are-pssed/100/5979942

[/QUOTE]

Good find Fletch.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

My best one : back in July ...that Reilly Smith would make the team...hummm not only he made the team but is 3rd scorer..wow

another good one : Spooner will make the team

conversation yesterday between Peter Chiarelli and Bruce Cassidy (P-Bruins coach) ....hello Mr Chiarelli I just wanted to know if you are going to call some of our players in a near future ....hummm not really Bruce after all we dont need a 16 points kid that only played 2 games in the NHL and got only 2points, Bruce : ha ok Mr Chiarelli and what about Matt Fraser ...not really Bruce we dont really need an 11 goals scorer on our team we are on our way to Detroit and we will probably score 4 or 5 goals , ok Mr Chiarelli what about Nick Johnson ....duh.  The kid only scored 9 goals Bruce give me a break we have Shawn Thornton capable of scoring 25 with if he would play with the P- Bruins......5 hours later .....PC : hello Bruce ...stand by please we will probably need Ryan , Matt or Nick or all three sooner than you think.....

another good one : last year I said that the Lemon would be traded....my only regret I wanted him in the KHL ...not to see him anymore

another good one : Khudo would become a number one ...he will by the ned of the season with the Canes

another good one : the Bruins could not win the cup with 2 of the 3 stooges in the line up...last season, they kept Pandolfo on the sidelines but they played ST and the Lemon ...as a resukt we could have win the cup but we didnt .....

anither good one : Bruins Will hardly make the playoffs this year if they keep the turtle with the team ....if they recall one of the three I've mentonned above and keep ST in the stands ....they will not only make the playoffs but most probably win the cup ...thats how thin the difference is between good teams and average teams

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

And I could go on and on like this for hours ....

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's comment:
    [QUOTE]

And I could go on and on like this for hours ....

[/QUOTE]

Then don't Stanley, because the rest of us could go on for weeks about the ones you got wrong.