Pressure is on Rask

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Re: Pressure is on Rask

Tuuka caught his skate and fell, freaky happening or no first goal and momentum for Rangers. Then Chara blew it big time. Maybe Rask should have been on the post, but Big Z, the Leader [ ???] screwing up is non=sensical, just stupidity and laziness on Chara's part. Big Z has been a Norris winner, but he is no where near it lately. Is he overworked because Claude has him on the ice for kessel; and now for Nash ?? Or is Big Z losing his edge as he takes retaliatory penalties ?? Hamilton is right to claim failure, but what's worse is Hamilton picking up Big Z's worst mistakes like allowing Kreider to get inside him. Hopefully Seids will be back and Hamilton can watch. I had watched these problems creep in during the season, which is why Claude held him back, but Coaches are supposed to correct problems. Maybe the coach from Providence needs to be on the bruins bench, he's done well with Bartkowski and krug

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Rask will be fine.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

Bruins have dominated this series.  I am not worried.  

Because there's no reason at all to be? 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Shupe is now the ultimate optimist.  Dez has been fairly quiet lately, busy dressing up his cats.  And you have been so happy this week it reminds me of that Seinfeld episode where George decides to do the opposite of everything he's ever done.  Your date last weekend must have been fabulous!

I am not worried either - today.  I hope this doesn't change tomorrow night.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to hangnail's comment:

I hope he can handle it.  Please close it out Saturday Tuukka.

OMG! Really....GROW THE FAWK UP!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

I hope he can handle it.  Please close it out Saturday Tuukka.

Hahah I know nite but he has to close this out before I'm happy.  I need confimation that he can do it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Shupe is now the ultimate optimist.  Dez has been fairly quiet lately, busy dressing up his cats.  And you have been so happy this week it reminds me of that Seinfeld episode where George decides to do the opposite of everything he's ever done.  Your date last weekend must have been fabulous!

Havent i always been that way.  2011 the bruins won the cup.  Im happy.  Yes i want them to win every year.  i love watching hockey playoffs and all the ups and downs.  Saturday should be more great hockey.  If the bruins lose saturday i still wont be worried.  

Go bruins.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Fear not Hang. Shutout for Rask next game. All of the pressure is on NY. They got their only win of the series and were still soundly dominated. If they're counting on more Bruins mistakes for wins they can forget it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from terminator-x. Show terminator-x's posts

All such pressure is self-imposed. He just needs to play his game, along with the rest of the team. The B's lost last night, but they were not outplayed. As long as all four lines keep skating, the B's will not lose another three straight. Bonus if Seidenburg returns.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

In response to terminator-x's comment:

All such pressure is self-imposed. He just needs to play his game, along with the rest of the team. The B's lost last night, but they were not outplayed. As long as all four lines keep skating, the B's will not lose another three straight. Bonus if Seidenburg returns.

That's what I'm afraid of.  Can he handle it?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

Fear not Hang. Shutout for Rask next game. All of the pressure is on NY. They got their only win of the series and were still soundly dominated. If they're counting on more Bruins mistakes for wins they can forget it.

I hope you're right dez.  I bet Leaf fans were equally confident halfway thru the third in Game 7 too!!  And yes, the mistakes are correctable and you can be sure CJ has his foot down on them.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I hope you're right dez.  I bet Leaf fans were equally confident halfway thru the third in Game 7 too!!  And yes, the mistakes are correctable and you can be sure CJ has his foot down on them.

We arent leaf fans.  We won in 2011.  We are up 3-1 with 2 of the final 3 gms at home.  Yes we had a major choke job in 2010.  Thats 2010.  Im not worried.  I havent given rask enough credit.  Hes an elite goalie.  These playoffs are proving it.  

I want this over quickly as well bc i dont want injuries and want to get the boys some rest before what will be a war against pitt.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

In response to abra-cadaver's comment:

In response to 4everbruins' comment:

Look for Rask to bounce back in Boston big time. He knows he let in a weak one which decided this game. Confident he'll be better in Boston and close out the Rags.

Yeah, he only has the worst playoff collapse in sports history on his resume, and blew more 3rd period leads than anyone else this regular season.  Plenty of reasons to be confident.  Clearly a clutch goalie.

How did he handle the pressure in game 7 of the Toronto series? He hung in there, despite a tough go, especially when it counted in OT. I think we can put the Philly series behind us now.

Rangers are done. His biggest test is coming against Pitt. We'll see how that goes.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

We arent leaf fans.  We won in 2011.  We are up 3-1 with 2 of the final 3 gms at home.  Yes we had a major choke job in 2010.  Thats 2010.  Im not worried.  I havent given rask enough credit.  Hes an elite goalie.  These playoffs are proving it.  

I want this over quickly as well bc i dont want injuries and want to get the boys some rest before what will be a war against pitt.  

Yup that will be an awesome war.  Between Cindy's crying and the Pen's being the Cup favorite, I can envision the B's playing like it's 2011 all over again.  Gotta get there first though.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

Upon further review I don't blame the goal or the game on Rask at all.  Looking at the replay closely you will see he stumbled after the puck got deflected by Boychuk.  His brain reacted quicker than his feet and caused the stumble.  Cherry will blame JB for that on Coaches Corner.  

I think Rask will be fine as long as the team in front of him scores more than 2 goals.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Hahah I know nite but he has to close this out before I'm happy.  I need confimation that he can do it.

[/QUOTE]

Hang, I like your postings for the most part, but the thing that bugs me about this thread is that it's you that's putting the pressure on Rask and you're a Bruins fan. In this social media society these players see a lot of this, or they get told about it. I'm not saying Rask hears about this thread, but the media hears about everything. Do you not think that some idiot reporter isn't going to bring up 2010 again? When you post this stuff you're helping with the possibilty of a collaspe. You're helping to plant the seed of doubt not just to Rask, but the Bruins as well. With maybe the exception of NAS. Did you expect the B's to sweep the Rangers? I sure as hell didn't, so Rask made a couple of mistakes. Remember 2003 when Brodeur (one of the best puck handling goalies of all time) made that miscue in the SCF's? It happens to the best of them. Relax, take a chill pill. Rask has more than shown he can bounce back. The B's have buried 2010 not only by winning the cup, but round 1 as well. What does this team need to do for you to have faith? Do you really think with the B's being this healthy in their forward position that & playing they way they are; they're going to allow the Rangers to come back & win? Even if they have one of the best goalie's on the planet in net. This team is going to the CF's this yr & they're going to give the Pens a heck of series! 

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

Hang, I like your postings for the most part, but the thing that bugs me about this thread is that it's you that's putting the pressure on Rask and you're a Bruins fan. In this social media society these players see a lot of this, or they get told about it. I'm not saying Rask hears about this thread, but the media hears about everything. Do you not think that some idiot reporter isn't going to bring up 2010 again? When you post this stuff you're helping with the possibilty of a collaspe. You're helping to plant the seed of doubt not just to Rask, but the Bruins as well. With maybe the exception of NAS. Did you expect the B's to sweep the Rangers? I sure as hell didn't, so Rask made a couple of mistakes. Remember 2003 when Brodeur (one of the best puck handling goalies of all time) made that miscue in the SCF's? It happens to the best of them. Relax, take a chill pill. Rask has more than shown he can bounce back. The B's have buried 2010 not only by winning the cup, but round 1 as well. What does this team need to do for you to have faith? Do you really think with the B's being this healthy in their forward position that & playing they way they are; they're going to allow the Rangers to come back & win? Even if they have one of the best goalie's on the planet in net. This team is going to the CF's this yr & they're going to give the Pens a heck of series! 

[/QUOTE]

This is where the measuring tape is going to come out for Rask. IMO, he's going to have to play lights out against Pitt if the Bruins are to have a chance at moving to the SCF.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

[/QUOTE]

I have no concerns about Rask but come on.. TSN had Briere talking about the 2010 choke all night.  This social media stuff is no different than a bunch of fans talking hockey over at Tim Horton's.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

You know, players sometimes have off nights......

And the idea that fans "put pressure" on players is way overblown, even in this social media age. Most players aren't stupid; they understand what's riding on their performance or the importance of a specific game/situation no matter what some dope going by Kennedy97 (or anyone else) on a message board has to say about it. Outside of perhaps creating a hostile environment for players during the times that they are booed on home ice, we fans and our opinions are almost totally insignificant to the outcome of a game.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to 4everbruins' comment:

This is where the measuring tape is going to come out for Rask. IMO, he's going to have to play lights out against Pitt if the Bruins are to have a chance at moving to the SCF.

[/QUOTE]

I think Tomas Vokoun is going to have to play lights out if the Pens are to have a chance at moving to the SCF! 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to Kennedy97's comment:

Kennedy...Thank You! Now, you cheer for the Habs, but you don't act like most hab fans. Do you not think some of these peeps on here are acting like some of those habs fans? If this was Price that allowed this to happen. What would the headlines in the Gazette be saying this morning? "The Price was so low that the Rangers got it for free!"

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

Kennedy...Thank You! Now, you cheer for the Habs, but you don't act like most hab fans. Do you not think some of these peeps on here are acting like some of those habs fans? If this was Price that allowed this to happen. What would the headlines in the Gazette be saying this morning? "The Price was so low that the Rangers got it for free!"

People hate when I say this, but the similarities between the two fan bases are numerous, and near the top of the list is "flailing at the panic button way, way prematurely".

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

And the idea that fans "put pressure" on players is way overblown, even in this social media age. Most players aren't stupid; they understand what's riding on their performance or the importance of a specific game/situation no matter what some dope going by Kennedy97 (or anyone else) on a message board has to say about it. Outside of perhaps creating a hostile environment for players during the times that they are booed on home ice, we fans and our opinions are almost totally insignificant to the outcome of a game.

Sorry, but I beg to differ on that.

http://www.sportsnetworker.com/2011/09/19/professional-athletes-on-social-media-why-some-get-fans-and-others-fines/

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

People hate when I say this, but the similarities between the two fan bases are numerous, and near the top of the list is "flailing at the panic button way, way prematurely".

Over the past few yrs being on here, I'd have to agree with that.