Pretty good news(Patrice Bergeron)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RawrBear. Show RawrBear's posts

Pretty good news(Patrice Bergeron)

Joe Haggerty
    Checked in w/Patrice Bergeron's agent, Kent Hughes, this morning and he told me No. 37's spirits were "pretty good" Take that as a good sign

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Re: Pretty good news(Patrice Bergeron)

Are the spirits named Jim or Jack...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RawrBear. Show RawrBear's posts

Haha

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RawrBear. Show RawrBear's posts

Yea, I've kinda had that feeling as well from the moment I first saw the hit. I really expected to see him back by the end of the 3rd in the last Philly game. When he didn't return it really put a damper on the win, but I'm still confident it isn't that bad. Maybe I'm just fooling myself.. but last night I also thought maybe that if they are actually confident it's not that bad, might they be displaying a little gamesmanship? Given Bergerons history it seems doubtful, but you never know.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

King, I think the rule now is that if you are diagnosed with a concussion of any kind, you are required to miss one week of action at minimum.  So Chiarelli didn't really commit to anything he wasn't already committed to.

I'm more concerned that we haven't heard from the man himself.  I'm looking for that post-practice news conference where he says: I'm fine, but you know, with concussions and with my history, and looking at what happened with Savvy, you want to be cautious.  The doctors will tell me if I'm good to go, and I'll trust them to make the right call.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

Let's hope he's not out long.  Boston Globe reporting that at practice today (Monday), Kelly is centering the 2nd line in Bergeron's place while Peverley is centering the 3rd line with Seguin on the wing.  1st and 4th lines remain intact. 
    Hang in there, 37.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

...on the other hand, Chia didn't know exactly when the series would start (give or take a couple of days) depending on the Western Series.

So if they initially figured he needed 4,5 or 6 days rest (then re-assess) and the series possibly starting Tue/Wed...he would not have been cleared to play.

A Thursday start might work in their favour.

Bottom line: Don't let Bergeron come back until he's 100% ready!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from maddog2020. Show maddog2020's posts

Maybe he has the same concussion the that Max P got from Chara.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RawrBear. Show RawrBear's posts

A Saturday start would be excellent, minus the withdrawal symptoms I'm having of course. I suppose a well rested team and the more time the better if there's any hope of Bergeron returning, are more important than my edgy mood though, :)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

i don't see how this is news...what was bergy's agent supposed to say?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RawrBear. Show RawrBear's posts

Good thing I'm not a reporter, and just like any other fan here talking about what I read!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigChara. Show BigChara's posts

Hopefully Bergeron will say something publicly in a day or two, and hopefully that will be something like "I feel fine now, symptom free, felt a bit wooozy at first, but everything's cleared up at this point, I'm back to feeling normal and once a week is up I'll be back to racking up assists as I dish to little Marshmont". Let's hope it goes something like that anyway.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bsdel1. Show bsdel1's posts

Why would they say concussion even if it was true. Inexperience by Chiarelli! Somebody teach him the phrase "Upper Body Injury"! Bergy's probably trying to erase that bullseye his GM just put on the back of his helmet!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In Response to Re: Pretty good news(Patrice Bergeron):
    [QUOTE]Why would they say concussion even if it was true. Inexperience by Chiarelli! Somebody teach him the phrase "Upper Body Injury"! Bergy's probably trying to erase that bullseye his GM just put on the back of his helmet!!
    Posted by bsdel1[/QUOTE]

Because under the new rules, they have to say it and the player has to sit out at least a week. PC has no choice or option in the matter.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]A Saturday start would be excellent, minus the withdrawal symptoms I'm having of course. I suppose a well rested team and the more time the better if there's any hope of Bergeron returning, are more important than my edgy mood though, :)
    Posted by RawrBear[/QUOTE]

What I'm afraid is this Disney on Ice in Tampa next week.  Rumour has it ( and hope this is not true) that even if there is a game7 in the Western conference in San Jose (Vancouver is schedules for Wednesday if necessary) they will play on Thursday night in Boston.

Fans and team will have to live with Bergy maybe not playing this series or maybe if need be the last 2 games of this series if it goes 6 or 7.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]Keep in mind, he got up on his own and found the door to skate off.  Most serious concussions leave players completely out cold unable to get off without help. Obviously, we aren't doctors, but it doesn't smell like a serious concussion. Even with his history, I am hoping they are spaced out enough where he hopefully has dodged a bullet here.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

so did Crosby and he also was diagnosed with a mild concussion.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from brunod. Show brunod's posts

Bergie just well and hope to see you help us soon, I hope the boys win the 1st one for you. The Bruins will miss you in the lineup but have the tools to hang in ther until your back. GET WELL SOON!!!!!!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from sclifton-4-freespeech. Show sclifton-4-freespeech's posts

[QUOTE]Why would they say concussion even if it was true. Inexperience by Chiarelli! Somebody teach him the phrase "Upper Body Injury"! Bergy's probably trying to erase that bullseye his GM just put on the back of his helmet!!
    Posted by bsdel1[/QUOTE]

it was kinda of obvious what the injury was, trying to hide it would look silly.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pretty good news(Patrice Bergeron) : it was kinda of obvious what the injury was, trying to hide it would look silly.
    Posted by sclifton-4-freespeech[/QUOTE]

and violate new league rules.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from sclifton-4-freespeech. Show sclifton-4-freespeech's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pretty good news(Patrice Bergeron) : and violate new league rules.
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]

what do you mean by violate new league rules?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

When they brought in the new head shot rules a few months ago, one of them was that any player who is diagnosed with concussion symptoms must sit out a minimum of one week AND this must be reported to the NHL as a concussion. Obfuscating this kind of injury now violates league rules.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from sclifton-4-freespeech. Show sclifton-4-freespeech's posts

[QUOTE]When they brought in the new head shot rules a few months ago, one of them was that any player who is diagnosed with concussion symptoms must sit out a minimum of one week AND this must be reported to the NHL as a concussion. Obfuscating this kind of injury now violates league rules.
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]

wow, wasnt aware of that clause in the new headshot rule.
    thanks for the clarification.

Go Bruins!!!!!!!!!!!