Price turning down $7 mil for 7 years in Montreal

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Re: Price turning down $7 mil for 7 years in Montreal

Worst thing that happened to the Shabs was that run through the playoffs behind Cammalleri and Halak - now both gone.  It meant neither Halak nor Price could be tagged as the back-up or paid like the back-up, so one had to go, and now they have no protection if they lose Price because he decides he wants big cash.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsFanInPenTerritory. Show BruinsFanInPenTerritory's posts

As much as it pains me to agree with obnoxiously dismissive one, I have to agree that there's no way this rumor can be true. Montreal's a mess but they're not NY Islanders bad. Heck, they are probably in a better spot today than the Leafs were when Burke took over.

Every expert in Canada seems to think that Gauthier is done after this season. Montreal needs to rebuild but it won't be full throttle and I can't therefore see Price turning down that money. Things'll get better up there and Price will get paid.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BorisTheGorilla. Show BorisTheGorilla's posts

I'll bet you he signs no longer than a three year deal.  When does a player obtain UFA status - after 7 years in the league?