Proud of this team!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Proud of this team!

I know I have made my sentiments known about how I wasn't happy with how this team has been playing this year. However, I am very proud of this team, because there's been a lot of things said in the media, by management & the fans about changes & in a lot of areas. They even fought against each other in practice. Now, this team had an opportunity to really use this frustration & took some liberties on the Thrashers. Yea Looch gave Myers a pop, but Looch felt he was hit a little high. Myers was looking at him & probably mouthing off. They could've done so much worse considering the circumstances. They held their composer & did things the "right way" for those type of situations. There's no talk of suspensions, or a high stick somewhere. A lot of other teams in the same situation would've taken something too far. So for that I am proud of this team. It's nice when we don't have cheapshot artists, divers, yappers. Well Marchand is one, but unlike Subban. Marchand was told to tone it down & he did. We can play mean & tough hockey without "BEING DIRTY" MEANEE I hope you're reading this.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tuckerw3. Show Tuckerw3's posts

Re: Proud of this team!

I agree this team played a great full 60 minutes last night and when Lucic got hit a little high Ferance, who has been one of the Bruins best Dmen for the season took exception to it.  Finally defending their teammates...It only took their leading scorer getting knocked on his aS$.  Why didn't this team respond to Cooke's hit last year like this i don't know but I would appreciate it if this play continues.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Lucic will probably get a 1or 2 game suspension for the sucker punch... 

Prior to last night, I think the the B's thought they could just go through the motions and win games just by showing up.  They "believed the hype" that surrounded the team in the offseason.  Good for them for finally realizing that hard work and emotion are a big part of the equation too.  Hopefully they keep it up.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

OK OK they did play a very good 60 minutes. I must also say mea culpa, mea culpa as I have been advocating dumping Thornton , and replacing with a better hockey skills player. Well, he used the skills he has to have an exciting nite. I am still not an advocate of "staged" fights, but Thorny's teammates liked it, so, what do we know??

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Well we all got to see what we wanted and hopes of this team now knows what it takes to win regardless if we lose someone to a suspension. The 2nd most impressive thing I got to see and wanted was savards passing and playmaking is 100 percent better than his last few games.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Swearengen. Show Swearengen's posts

If Lucic gets a game or two, it will be worth it.  

Too many times, the guy that starts a big fracas gets away without every having to deal with the guy he cheap shotted in the first place

Myer had Ferrence on him, but quickly everyone was tangled up and Lucic was being held back by Stewart and the refs, while 2-3 different sets of individual fights broke out.  Things finally settle down.....everyones calming down and backing off, it's over......NOPE!!!!  

BOOM, Lucic pops Myer on the ear and knocks him on his backside.  It was beautiful.  Most of the times you see someone desperately trying to get back to the guy that hit him, but he eventually gets tired of fighting through everyone who's holding him back.  Lucic never quit, he kept inching closer and closer and closer and when he finally got close enough, he decked him....perfect

I love that guy

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In hockey, you don't get suspended for punching someone in the face. You get a penalty.  That's one of the reasons hockey is awesome.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Good punch from Lucic ...Myer went for the head when he hit Lucic ..he desserves the suspension , not Looch ....if the NHL doesnt suspend the dirty players that go for the head ..players have to take care of themselves ...Way to go LOOCH .....

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsGM24. Show BruinsGM24's posts

Not-A-Shot, based on the rules, Lucic is supposed to be suspended automatically for a game, pending league review.  He'll get a game for popping Meyer in the face while the linesman were holding the players back, likely something to do with a "defenseless player being held back" or something to that extent.

Good thing Meyer stood up for himself after landing that high hit.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Proud of this team!:
    [QUOTE]Not-A-Shot , based on the rules, Lucic is supposed to be suspended automatically for a game, pending league review.  He'll get a game for popping Meyer in the face while the linesman were holding the players back, likely something to do with a "defenseless player being held back" or something to that extent. Good thing Meyer stood up for himself after landing that high hit.
    Posted by BruinsGM24[/QUOTE]

Almost everything in the NHL rulebook is up for interpretation.  No hockey guy will suggest Lucic get suspended for that punch.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Proud of this team! : Almost everything in the NHL rulebook is up for interpretation.  No hockey guy will suggest Lucic get suspended for that punch.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

Match penalty with less than 5 minutes to play (which was the case here) is an automatic suspension, pending review. Only if the "hockey guy" says it was legitimate or caused by the opposition(it was, but unlikely to go our way in this case), does Lucic avoid suspension.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49thparallel. Show 49thparallel's posts

Lucic should get the same as Scott Walker got when he suckered Ward. In other words, nothing.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Lucic should get the same as Scott Walker got when he suckered Ward. In other words, nothing.

100% perfect comparision! Although with regards to the rule book & the time it happened in the game I gues it could go either way! Which will really suk because all this does is make the B's players go! "OK playing with emotion gets us suspended with no pay!" F that then! Then we end up right back where we left off!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Gotta laugh.

If this happens to any of the Bruins players that player would be public enemy #1.  For me this is old school hockey.  Lucic was hit clean. Team mate didnt like it.  Brawl starts.  Nothing wrong with it at all.  I didnt like Lucic's cheap punch.  Again, if Stewart did that to Savard or any Bruin everyone on here would want him suspended for life. 

It was a great team effort though.  Atlanta is a good team and the Bruins handled them. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

It is very simple to It is about time they got mean and they must continue to carry that reputation for rest of season. NO PAIN NO GAIN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Gotta laugh. If this happens to any of the Bruins players that player would be public enemy #1.  For me this is old school hockey.  Lucic was hit clean. Team mate didnt like it.  Brawl starts.  Nothing wrong with it at all.  I didnt like Lucic's cheap punch.  Again, if Stewart did that to Savard or any Bruin everyone on here would want him suspended for life.  It was a great team effort though.  Atlanta is a good team and the Bruins handled them. 
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]
    Hey Shupe,you do know Meyer got an elbowing penalty for that clean hit right?That said,I didn't see anything that happened during the melee that was any big deal.I do expect to see Little fight someone other than Savard next week though.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Hey Shupe most of us on here never had a problem with the PK hit! So, blow your comment out your hole! The other thing is that Looch said this wasn't the first time Myers did this with his high hit/elbow! The only reason he needs to see Murphy is because it was a match penalty & less than 5 min left. Most he should get is a fine!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MDsizzel. Show MDsizzel's posts

LMAO this team plays like garbage for a month and they turn in one good game and all of a sudden your "proud" of them? Yay they finally earned their paychecks for a night!!

Wow what a lemming.

You are the type of fan they draw up in the Delaware North boardrooms to target

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from STFXbruins. Show STFXbruins's posts

Not-A-Shot, based on the rules, Lucic is supposed to be suspended automatically for a game, pending league review.  He'll get a game for popping Meyer in the face while the linesman were holding the players back, likely something to do with a "defenseless player being held back" or something to that extent.

Good thing Meyer stood up for himself after landing that high hit.

If you watch the video it was an Atlanta player holding Lucic back not a linesman, not sure if any one was holding Meyer. Still think Lucic will get 1 to 2 games tho

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Not-A-Shot, based on the rules, Lucic is supposed to be suspended automatically for a game, pending league review.  He'll get a game for popping Meyer in the face while the linesman were holding the players back, likely something to do with a "defenseless player being held back" or something to that extent. Good thing Meyer stood up for himself after landing that high hit. If you watch the video it was an Atlanta player holding Lucic back not a linesman, not sure if any one was holding Meyer. Still think Lucic will get 1 to 2 games tho
    Posted by STFXbruins[/QUOTE]
    He hopefully gets no more than a game-especially since Meyer isn't hurt.Merry Christmas fellow Maritimer(I assume).

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

If Marchand is back there will not be a call-up. If not, hope to see Arneil , he's earned it.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

[QUOTE]OK OK they did play a very good 60 minutes. I must also say mea culpa, mea culpa as I have been advocating dumping Thornton , and replacing with a better hockey skills player. Well, he used the skills he has to have an exciting nite. I am still not an advocate of "staged" fights, but Thorny's teammates liked it, so, what do we know??
    Posted by bogie6[/QUOTE]

Yeah your going to have to lay off the Dump Thornton stuff for a lil while Bogie lol. Whats he got 7 goals? Not bad for his salary. I said before this season that I would replace thornton w/ someone who could pop in 15 goals. Looks like thorny is doing that on his own and still answering the bell when needed. Good stuff.