Puck was in the net!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from cousteau. Show cousteau's posts

Re: Puck was in the net!!

In Response to Re: Puck was in the net!!:
    [QUOTE]if it wasnt why cant you see a black spot going over the red pipe on the replay ???? Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013
    Posted by StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011[/QUOTE]..so you think repeatedly (3 times) insisting it was in (when it wasn't) is going to change anyone's mind? Get over it. It was NOT in so go take a valium and wait for a new conspiracy to emerge in your mind when game 2 is played

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmarf1. Show gmarf1's posts

After watching the side view of that play IMO that puck was in the net.There is no break of the puck crossing over the cross bar.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from number08. Show number08's posts

It was in, Bergeron's finger needs to be amputated, and Recchi-ball has more gall stones...we need all the motivation we can get.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

[QUOTE]No goal. Top of the mesh. Don't you think the Bs would have gone nuts. It did not go in then come out and bounce off Luongo. That sounds almost like the magic spit episode on Seinfeld.
    Posted by antiqueman1[/QUOTE]

or......NO GOAL FOR YOU!!!!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]If you have bad eyes, are color deficient or have a monitor that isnt calibrated, MAYBE you cant see the puck pass over the crossbar.  I CLEARLY see it cross over the bar on mine.
    Posted by bigvig[/QUOTE]

I looked at it with 1080p & I have 20-20 with no color deficencies. I don't think it was in because of the how high the puck bounced from the normal camera view. However; from the overhead there's still no trace of a puck that blocks the crossbar. Also you can see what looks to be mesh over the puck just before the crossbar. Just saying that I can see why Stanley & G may think it was in.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

[QUOTE]LOL The o/p reminds me of that guy that said the puck went in the net vs the flyers in game 7 and it went through the net with under 30 secs left the game last year. Very amusing post that was last year if anyone remembers it. Guy put alot of effort into it
    Posted by LUCICmilan17[/QUOTE]

I remember that and was thinking the same thing... you beat me to the post. Awesome!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Puck was in the net!! : I remember that and was thinking the same thing... you beat me to the post. Awesome!
    Posted by Bruinfaninnewjersey[/QUOTE]

I remember that too.....the worst part was that he wouldn't let it go.  It was weeks later and he was still posting about it!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Puck was in the net!! : I remember that too.....the worst part was that he wouldn't let it go.  It was weeks later and he was still posting about it!
    Posted by jalvis[/QUOTE]

He even used pictures that were blown up and everything haha

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

[QUOTE]Hold on everybody. Stanley makes some valid points. He's right you can't see any black as it passes the crossbar. Also; right at 3:12 when the puck is just before getting to the crossbar? You can actually see the cross stitching from the top of the net. How can that be? I'm not saying it's in. I'm saying gn & Stanley bring up some good points.
    Posted by nitemare-38[/QUOTE]

Thanks nitemare !   Being a referee for over 35 years now I declare that this was a goal ..but game is over ...lets turn the page and win the next 4 games

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

this reminds me of the magic loogie seinfeld episode.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

It is odd in that one view how the puck appears to be under the crossbar, but from every other view it appears to bounce up when it hits the top of the net.  I think they got it right -- no goal -- and the one overhead angle just looks funny.

No matter now.  Game 2.  Get the split.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

From that distance, at the speed the puck was both moving and spinning, none of it was in place long enough to be clearly visible over the bar.  It just shows up as a smudge (look carefully, even in the 480 video linked earlier in this thread you can just barely see it).  Cameras don't work like eyes, and this is one instance where that seems to be noticeable.

I'm also wondering if some image compression may have contributed to this effect as well.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Only point - why is it invisible over the post, both going and coming.  Unless the camera blinked at exactly both instances this would seem to be a goal, then again it might have been a cameleon puck.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camperpete. Show Camperpete's posts

When was the last time you saw your optometrist?

In Response to Puck was in the net!!:
    [QUOTE]If anyone has a dvr slow mo that shot that took a funny bounce off Loungo where it hit him in the back and hit the top of the mesh that puck was actually in the net under the mesh and hit the metal support then hit Loungo in the back. Can't believe they missed that.
    Posted by gmarf1[/QUOTE]

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsGENIUS. Show bruinsGENIUS's posts

[QUOTE]No goal....Canucks got all the bounces last night, hopefully they won't be as lucky for game two.
    Posted by mattman1447[/QUOTE]

You got it all wrong.

Canucks were not LUCKY.

They were ridicoulosly GOOD.

We were LUCKY it wasn't 5-0 Van.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4FortheCup. Show 4FortheCup's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Puck was in the net!! : You got it all wrong. Canucks were not LUCKY. They were ridicoulosly GOOD. We were LUCKY it wasn't 5-0 Van.
    Posted by bruinsGENIUS[/QUOTE]
    :) well said

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

4the...can you see how we do call each other out, when needed? we're like FOX news, fair and balanced. ha ha

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Puck was in the net!! : :) well said
    Posted by 4FortheCup[/QUOTE]

The One and Great Wiz of Boston.com Blog, Bookboy, once replied to the ultimate troll....
    Great White Buffalo.  RMiller is lurking somewhere!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Puck was in the net!! : You got it all wrong. Canucks were not LUCKY. They were ridicoulosly GOOD. We were LUCKY it wasn't 5-0 Van.
    Shouldn't a genius like you be hosting a spelling bee somewhere?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Puck was in the net!! : Shouldn't a genius like you be hosting a spelling bee somewhere?
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]
    LOL, no kidding, i watched a bit of the Scripps spelling bee last night and that is definately a great place for a genius.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Puck was in the net!! : The One and Great Wiz of Boston.com Blog, Bookboy, once replied to the ultimate troll.... Great White Buffalo.  RMiller is lurking somewhere!
    Posted by islamorada[/QUOTE]
    Isla, I think we share some of the same tastes in music. I love Wilco.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

[QUOTE]The puck was not in the net. And this is coming from a Bruins fan. Watch the you tube video provided by the poster on page one. About 3 minutes in. You can see the play in front of the net and you can clearly see the puck go over the top and hit the back of the net. And I am pretty sure they are not calling that a goal even in pee wee hockey. B's take game 2.
    Posted by antiqueman1[/QUOTE]

I certainly agree this is what appears to happen but how do you explain that the puck certainly appears to come back out underneath the crossbar.  The only way it make sense is if the puck went through the top of the net.  I also find it intresting that all the highlights in that package were shown from different angles except for this one.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

I guess I get to be the crazy one this year.  Okay, three pictures captured on gamecenter live.  It's the replay version, so it is not HD but I think it highlights what I was trying to explain before.

Here's where the puck is passing by the bar.  Before looking for the puck, look at Kesler's skate and look at the stick behind the net.  See how blurry they are?  Now you've got a 3" by 1" puck spinning around and probably moving faster than either, so it should be similarly blurry.

Based on timing of this pause, the puck is slightly past the crossbar here.  It was really annoying to grab the frame before it, and in that frame it is on the other side.  So, yes, in a sense the camera 'blinked' right as it was going over the bar.  At least, you can't seem to pause it on that frame at all.

Here's the just before image:

If you look carefully, you can see a black smudge just a bit over the bar.  Here it is zoomed in and circled:

I know, it's not much, but it's the best I was able to grab from the feed I had.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

thanks for keeping on this tradition two springs in a row but I still don't see it

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from djbosox2004. Show djbosox2004's posts

=======================================================
      AGREED!!  You are spot on my friend!!
     But just for you guys that can`t seem let it go, this is the link that Cats posted. STOP looking at the overhead.Just before the overhead shot at 3:10 from ice level you can CLEARLY see the puck bounce off of the top of the net and back into play. It was NOT a goal!!!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRObrWe5Dtg