Put your PC pitchforks down

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Put your PC pitchforks down

What don't you people get ? Iginla chose Pittsburgh because of his NTC. 

Feaster's press conference states this more then once.

http://video.tsn.ca/?dl=main/latest/2/0/893824/clip/532

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Re: Put your PC pitchforks down

Chowda,

pc isnt to be blamed.  He went after both morrow and iggy.  Both wanted pitt.  i want guys that want to be here.  PC will make this team better.  Problem is it likely will require more now.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

My pitch fork is still in the behinds of a few Bs players lol

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

Chowda,

pc isnt to be blamed.  He went after both morrow and iggy.  Both wanted pitt.  i want guys that want to be here.  PC will make this team better.  Problem is it likely will require more now.  

I agree Shupe if they don't want to play here, F'em. PC is an excellent GM who has just as many cup rings as Shero.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Things are not always as seen to be Grasshopper.  There is no guaranted Cup in Pittsburgh, Montreal or Boston.  No ptichfork here!  BTW Montreal came back with two of the strangest goals I have seen recently.  Letang is out for six weeks, does Murray help out in that situation?  Me thinks not.  No panic.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

You have to consider that the offers made were a factor in the decision - that was clearly stated.

1st rounder, and two college , prospects - is why Iginla isn't in Boston. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to stan17's comment:

I agree Shupe if they don't want to play here, F'em. PC is an excellent GM who has just as many cup rings as Shero.

Well said Stan and the Bs still have KoKo.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

Chowda,

The thing is, Iginla had stated that he would have accepted a trade to EITHER team.  At that point Feaster's job is to get the best deal he can from the teams that Iginla is willing to waive his NTC.  It remains to be seen which deal was the better deal but it does sound like he let the player choose which team. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

The list of quality players available that will fit our needs are there.  Its obvious what they are.  

I would re-offer that pkg for cammalleri who is the danny briere of the playoffs and would bump horton down.  Also would improve the pp.  

Then go to buffalo and get regehr.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to JWensink's comment:

You have to consider that the offers made were a factor in the decision - that was clearly stated.

Khokhlachev didn't go to college.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

The list of quality players available that will fit our needs are there.  Its obvious what they are.  

I would re-offer that pkg for cammalleri who is the danny briere of the playoffs and would bump horton down.  Also would improve the pp.  

I think Camalleri would be a solid addition, very good PP guy but his cap # for next yr is big.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

After evreything that went down, I'd still prefer Cammalleri over Iginla. And I'd up that offer considerably. He's got a lot more gas in the tank. Throw in a deal for Clowe - and go to war with the dirtbags with a f'n penguin on their jersey -

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

You really need to watch the video again. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

JW.  They could offer life long fisrt round picks.  Iginla ultimately has last say.  Its like looking at a bmw or porche.  He bought the bmw bc it was more to his liking.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

After evreything that went down, I'd still prefer Cammalleri over Iginla. And I'd up that offer considerably. He's got a lot more gas in the tank. Throw in a deal for Clowe - and go to war with the dirtbags with a f'n penguin on their jersey -

I'm in on Cammalleri as well even if it means the extra year of salary. Clowe has to be PCs next run.

@Shup - Regehr is a pilon and I would take Gagne's one year salary on the 3rd line than Briere's salary.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Exacty, 'Dog!  The reason Iginla is not a Bruin is Khokhlachev didn't meet the Flames' educational requirements.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

LOL sounds kind of harsh. Koko is a drop out .

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to stan17's comment:

I think Camalleri would be a solid addition, very good PP guy but his cap # for next yr is big.

Feaster owes us .. kidding aside , Habs are interested in getting him back.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

Exacty, 'Dog!  The reason Iginla is not a Bruin is Khokhlachev didn't meet the Flames' educational requirements.

Right he's taller than 5'9' so he was moved to forward.

@Legion - I didn't know that if it is true and I don't care if he can read like Pat Lafontaine. If he can help either Bruins teams win while he's here then he can fail all the classes he wants.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I'm in on Cammalleri as well even if it means the extra year of salary. Clowe has to be PCs next run.

@Shup - Regehr is a pilon and I would take Gagne's one year salary on the 3rd line than Briere's salary.

San,

i dont want briere.  I was saying cammy is money in the playoffs like briere.  put peverly in the deal to calgary.  

Regehr is a shut down guy who will battle and block shots and is better then 3 of our current group.    the available quality def is limited.  i would look at boyle bc he could help in numerous areas but is pricy.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

I don't understand how a GM allowed a player that's leaving make a decision for a team he's managing. Sinden didn't do that for Bourque. Ray was ready to go to Philly.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

You really need to watch the video again.

I did- and what I'm saying is that the premise is that the offers were the same, and Iginla chose Pitt. I disagree with the 1st part of that premise. I'm saying that if Boston's offer was better than the Pitt offer, it would have been a done deal. And if that's true ...then a 1st rounder and two college prospects should have been easy to make a no brainer for the player and the flames. Obviously that didn't happen, and to exclude it as a factor isn't being realistic.

YES he would choose Pitt over Boston IF the offers were comparable. I don't believe that Iginla would say no to Boston if it was in the best interest of the Flames, because that was the best offer. That didn't happen, so to say it was just because he wanted Pitt, isn't a fair assesment.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

I don't understand how a GM allowed a player that's leaving make a decision for a team he's managing. Sinden didn't do that for Bourque. Ray was ready to go to Philly.

I think respect for the player.  The bruins offer isnt much better.  Pitt is similar to the Avs.   mario and sid likely called.  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

I did- and what I'm saying is that the premise is that the offers were the same, and Iginla chose Pitt. I disagree with the 1st part of that premise. I'm saying that if Boston's offer was better than the Pitt offer, it would have been a done deal. And if that's true ...then a 1st rounder and two college prospects should have been easy to make a no brainer for the player and the flames. Obviously that didn't happen, and to exclude it as a factor isn't being realistic.

YES he would choose Pitt over Boston IF the offers were comparable. I don't believe that Iginla would say no to Boston if it was in the best interest of the Flames, because that was the best offer. That didn't happen, so to say it was just because he wanted Pitt, isn't a fair assesment.

Exactly. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

The way I see is Feaster had approved the trade to the Bruins and PC was ready to announce it.  Someone , Iginla (or Flames owner) stepped in and Feaster had to do what the player/owner wanted instead of taking a better deal.  That's mit that's all.

San, I know you were kidding, I'm also.