Quenneville seperates Toews & Kane

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Quenneville seperates Toews & Kane

Heard on the sports flash today that they were on seperate lines in practice.

Why not? It worked out great for Malkin and Crosby.

Chara is already in their heads.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

Re: Quenneville seperates Toews & Kane

In response to kelvana33's comment:

Heard on the sports flash today that they were on seperate lines in practice.

Why not? It worked out great for Malkin and Crosby.

Chara is already in their heads.

Worked REAL well for the Pens , I can't wait to see the camara pan over on the ice, with Chara and Kane standing next to each other , Kane will get that all series long, an up close and personal view of the big man !

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Quennville always juggles his lines and will do it during the game he always does. It is interesting that he would do this after Kanes response when reunited with Toews. At some point I believe they will be back together.

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2013-06-10/sports/ct-spt-0611-haugh-blackhawks-chicago-20130611_1_joel-quenneville-coach-q-stanley-cup-final

Blackhawks coach Joel Quenneville, left photo, and Bruins coach Claude Julien, right, both had stints as captain of the Ontario Hockey League's Windsor Spitfires in the 1970s.

"Often, Quenneville went to the penalty box. He still holds the Spitfires record for points by a defenseman — 103 in 1977-78 — but Maxner remembers just as well the previous year, when he racked up 169 penalty minutes. Minus the mustache, a young Quenneville could be quick to curl his lip.

"He wasn't afraid to mix it up,'' said Maxner, 70. "But Joel always listened. He had a great shot, was pretty mobile, but I made him captain because of his leadership qualities. He never disappointed me.''

After Quenneville left his hometown of Windsor for the AHL and an eventual 803-game NHL career, the Spitfires made an in-season trade in 1978 for a feisty, no-nonsense defenseman who reminded Maxner of the leader he lost. The next season, Maxner named Claude Julien team captain.

Julien capably replaced Quenneville in every way, even registering 148 penalty minutes one season.  "Both were big fan favorites,'' said Bobby Murray, OHL Alumni chairman."

Paths to coaching NHL can ne really cool and along the same route.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

Nice post SanDog!