Question: Could a bonafide superstar scoring forward be accepted on this present Bruin team?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kavubob. Show kavubob's posts

Question: Could a bonafide superstar scoring forward be accepted on this present Bruin team?

Specifically, could a Crosby, Malkin,  Ovechkin. Gretsky (all great goal scorers during their prime) be welcomed onto the Bruins team that has existed for the past 4 years? It seems to me that the Bruins are ALL TEAM, that the team comes before any individual's talents. I thought this was very evident when NBC interviwed Krecji and asked him if he was on the same level as a Crosby/Malkin. He said "No", that we're more of a team without real superstars. I'm not saying that many fans would't want any of these players on the team. I just don't think they would blend in with the overall 'team concept' that the Bruins live and die by.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Re: Question: Could a bonafide superstar scoring forward be accepted on this present Bruin team?

Yes - if Marc Savard miraculously recovered, he'd be accepted in a heart beat, and he is a bonafide superstar scorer. He nevger got the press or respect, but he was more than a point a game player which qualifies as a scoring star these days.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

Re: Question: Could a bonafide superstar scoring forward be accepted on this present Bruin team?

In response to kavubob's comment:

Specifically, could a Crosby, Malkin,  Ovechkin. Gretsky (all great goal scorers during their prime) be welcomed onto the Bruins team that has existed for the past 4 years? It seems to me that the Bruins are ALL TEAM, that the team comes before any individual's talents. I thought this was very evident when NBC interviwed Krecji and asked him if he was on the same level as a Crosby/Malkin. He said "No", that we're more of a team without real superstars. I'm not saying that many fans would't want any of these players on the team. I just don't think they would blend in with the overall 'team concept' that the Bruins live and die by.

bob, I would say NO, unless the superstar players you named agreed to play Claude Julien's style of hockey...in other words, they'd have to play defense too! Forget each player you named focusing on defense to reduce their point production capabilities.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Superstars help sell tickets.  Beyond that it's a crapshoot. 

I think PC has built the model cap era team that other GM's want to copy, and it starts with goaltending and D.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to Soxdog67's comment:

bob, I would say NO, unless the superstar players you named agreed to play Claude Julien's style of hockey...in other words, they'd have to play defense too! Forget each player you named focusing on defense to reduce their point production capabilities.

Soxdog, Ovechkin did exactly that under Hunter.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

In response to red75's comment:

Soxdog, Ovechkin did exactly that under Hunter.

Yeah but red, Ovechkin suffered under Hunter and was a shell of himself.  Oates let him run wild and his production increased dramatically.  I don't think CJ could stomach that!

Plus, usually the superstars have a big ego.  That ain't gonna fly in Boston.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Crosby plays good defense. 

The answer is yes for some, no for others. Ovechkin couldn't play here. Stamkos could, Crosby could, Malkin probably could, Datsyuk would be great, so would zetterberg. St louis, Eric Staal, Toews, Nash, they would all be good. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Crosby plays good defense. 

The answer is yes for some, no for others. Ovechkin couldn't play here. Stamkos could, Crosby could, Malkin probably could, Datsyuk would be great, so would zetterberg. St louis, Eric Staal, Toews, Nash, they would all be good. 

[/QUOTE]

I would say yes for most, no for a very select few.  A very select few.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Totally agree Drewskie. The argument ender is Kessel scored 36 goals under Julien and was a plus 23.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

Absolutely. I don't see any reason why they couldn't, unless they were lazy defensively (Ovechkin).

I'd take Malkin in a heartbeat, as he generally keeps quiet, but produces more than just about anybody in the NHL. He's also a pretty tough, physical guy who can do just about anything. He's got size, incredible speed for that size, and sick hands. He doesn't mind getting his hands dirty, either.

I don't know if they'd take a Crosby, and probably not a Stamkos. I don't see enough defensively out of Stamkos to think he'd fit in well in Claude's system.

I think the Bruins organization would be for it, as long as they played sound defense.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to TheGuyWithDaThing's comment:

Absolutely. I don't see any reason why they couldn't, unless they were lazy defensively (Ovechkin).

I'd take Malkin in a heartbeat, as he generally keeps quiet, but produces more than just about anybody in the NHL. He's also a pretty tough, physical guy who can do just about anything. He's got size, incredible speed for that size, and sick hands. He doesn't mind getting his hands dirty, either.

I don't know if they'd take a Crosby, and probably not a Stamkos. I don't see enough defensively out of Stamkos to think he'd fit in well in Claude's system.

I think the Bruins organization would be for it, as long as they played sound defense.

I'd argue Malkin is worse defensivley than Ovechkin. I'd take either on my team in a heartbeat, because they are goal scorers. Thats what they do. Paille is defesnive forward, he'd have a place on my team as well, but like Malkin and Ovechkin will have defensive lapses, Paille wil fail to bury his share of scoring chances during the course of a season.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Klaas. Show Klaas's posts

I would say Zetterberg, Datsyuk, and Toews would fit very easily in Boston under Claude.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Withoit real superstars ????   Do you think Chara, Marchand, Krejci, Lucic, Horton, Bergeron, Jagr, Seguin, Paille, Campbell, Rask,Boychuk , McQuaid, Seid, Krug , Hamilton, are not real supertars ????    Why do you think the BRUINS will win a second Stanley Cup in 3 years ???

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's comment:

[QUOTE]

Withoit real superstars ????   Do you think Chara, Marchand, Krejci, Lucic, Horton, Bergeron, Jagr, Seguin, Paille, Campbell, Rask,Boychuk , McQuaid, Seid, Krug , Hamilton, are not real supertars ????    Why do you think the BRUINS will win a second Stanley Cup in 3 years ???

[/QUOTE]

Uhhh, nobody in the world other than you thinks all those players are superstars. campbell is a fourth liner dude. jagr is a 41 year old. Krug has played 10 NHL games. Pump the brakes. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to TheGuyWithDaThing's comment:

when was the last time you saw stamkos play?

kel - you could suggest malkin is worse defensively than ovi, but you would be so far off.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

kel - you could suggest malkin is worse defensively than ovi, but you would be so far off.

[/QUOTE]

Just heard MacLean, Kypreos and Millard talking about this today. Malkin is known for his flyby's in his own end.......................and psssssssst........................ Crosby too.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Sure, but I don't think one is needed. And some would say Seguin is going to be that guy...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

Just heard MacLean, Kypreos and Millard talking about this today. Malkin is known for his flyby's in his own end.......................and psssssssst........................ Crosby too.

[/QUOTE]

I actually used to think the same of Malkin, and then that year where he put up 50-59-109 or whatever it was I watched him play a lot and I thought he elevated his game in all three zones. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Stamkos, Kovalchuk and Nash could n have adjusted to Julien type system but their salaries wouldn't fit Chiarellis salary model. PC wants his top 6 forwards salaries spread out.

Savard had 88 points under Julien not to shabby.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Stamkos, Kovalchuk and Nash could n have adjusted to Julien type system but their salaries wouldn't fit Chiarellis salary model. PC wants his top 6 forwards salaries spread out.

Savard had 88 points under Julien not to shabby.

i'm suuuuure he could find somewhere to trim a couple million to have stamkos. 7.5 for stamkos is one of the best contracts in the league. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Ovechkin isn't that bad defensively.  Malkin isn't that good defensively.

I don't think Kel would be "so far off".  In fact, I'd say it's a pretty good pair.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

In response to StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Uhhh, nobody in the world other than you thinks all those players are superstars. campbell is a fourth liner dude. jagr is a 41 year old. Krug has played 10 NHL games. Pump the brakes. 

[/QUOTE]

Would you trade Brad Marchand for one of your pretended superstar like lets say Overshkin ??

I wouldnt do it ..believe me ...so keep your Superstars and in Boston we will keep the Stanley Cup

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

I actually used to think the same of Malkin, and then that year where he put up 50-59-109 or whatever it was I watched him play a lot and I thought he elevated his game in all three zones. 

[/QUOTE]

After the last game one of the networks hilited his defensive zone play.

It was not elevated.  

The other Pens were covering their men. He was doing his own thing......... circling around the ice neglecting his coverage.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

Wouldn't work because he would demand a big pay check which would take away from our depth players who without them the team doesn't succeed.  I think current Bruins formula under a cap system is the best way to go.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from gaaucoin. Show gaaucoin's posts

The big deal is his/their "Team First" attitude. If those guys can put their ego in their back pocket and leave it there, they fit like a glove. Any team would love to have a 30+ goal scorer. To be a 30+ goal scorer on today's Bs team, you gotta answer the question, "Who am I scoring 30+ goals for?" The answer is the Boston Bruins. As soon as it starts to turn into "ME", he's done, gone, down the road. There seems to be the team first attitude in the room that has to be...
    Garfield