Random Thoughts

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucdufour. Show lucdufour's posts

Random Thoughts

----Keith Yandle needs to play for the Bruins in his career.  He has been a leader in showing sympathy to the Boston Strong cause with his skate and wearing of Martin Richard jersey

---Lucic is having a simialr year to David Backes & Clowe, other "power" forwards in the NHL.

---B's may be in an interesting predicament on Sunday when they play Ottawa.  With a win they could play the Rangers/Isles/Sens and with a loss they might play the Leafs or Habs (If the Habs totally tank and Tor. passes them).  I would not be psyched with a Ranger match-up.  

---Totally get the sentiment but I hope it does not become tradition where Rancourt only sings the first few verses.... Again, I'm an old Bostonian and understand the sentiment.  

---I hope the B's resign Jagr.  He has been awesome to watch.  He is a threat almost every time he touches the puck from the red line in.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Re: Random Thoughts

Please don't apologize for Lucic's awful play this year. He is hurting the team. 

As for Jagr, absolutely agree. He's playing wonderfully and acting like a leader only a few games into his B's career. Terrific pick-up.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

I don't think Lucic is hurting the team, but he's disappointing the team. He's not taking stupid penalties on top of not producing that would be hurting the team. He's certainly not himself this yr. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatHockeyGuy. Show ThatHockeyGuy's posts

---Would love to have Yandle. Unfortunately, don't know if it will ever happen.

---I'm sure there are also 'power forwards' having great years as well. Just because Lucic isn't the only one not playing well doesn't mean he should get a pass.

---As long as they don't get the Rangers, I am fine with any opponent. We have all seen what great goaltending has done for and against the B's.

---Maybe he can sing the entire song with the fans...

---The way he is playing now, there is no way you can let him walk. However, there is no telling when a hockey player of his age will break down. It happened to Recchi his last year here. Would have to be a one year deal.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

I don't think Lucic is hurting the team, but he's disappointing the team. He's not taking stupid penalties on top of not producing that would be hurting the team. He's certainly not himself this yr. 

PC said as much last week... Apparently Lucic must of thought there was going to be no hockey this year and decided to sit on his butt during the lockout and did absolutely nothing to keep himself in shape... Ver professional if you ask me....PC made it clear he was not happy...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to cowboys9's comment:

PC said as much last week... Apparently Lucic must of thought there was going to be no hockey this year and decided to sit on his butt during the lockout and did absolutely nothing to keep himself in shape... Ver professional if you ask me....PC made it clear he was not happy...

You are 100% correct.  He probably just didn't work out at all.  He probably just sat around eating fried cheese.  He also probably picked up smoking butts.

That's why we call him Fat Lucic.  Because we're serious.  He's just a fatty. 

Yep, that's it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Ph phat?  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Onthe405. Show Onthe405's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

he may not be hurting them this year, but at 6 mil per, he will certainly be hurting them next year at his current production.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from brunod. Show brunod's posts

looch knows he is not playing well and said so, he is a pro and knows what he has to do and will find his way. The Bruins will be better when the time comes no matter who they play. They are starting to play better now and that is all we can hope for.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Onthe405's comment:

he may not be hurting them this year, but at 6 mil per, he will certainly be hurting them next year at his current production.

And what does your crystal ball tell you about his play next year?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Yandle is an affirmative, but the Bs would have to lose in the first round and some notable would have to go, Krejci more than likely. Not thinking that right now.

Lucic is not the six million dollar man.  He is a young player still, he is unique in style.  Keep him.  

Fear no team, but Ottawa with Karlsson and Spezza back will be a competitive team.  The Rangers are ready to redeem the season imo.  

Once by each team was an awesome happening.  Time to go back to the professional singer, Reeeneee.  

Yup, I said no to Jagr.  Others said he was good, I was wrong.  Jagr for a one year contract.  

***Horton and Lucic will be united during the playoffs but Kelly will be the center.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

Milan Lucic 24 yrs old   6'4"  220lbs

last two seasons

56 goals   67 assists

Q -  You know how many teams in the NHL would take Milan Lucic for 6 mill per

A -   All of them

Hey Milan

Go out there and play a nasty physical game. Get ur azz in front of the net. Be an agitator and play on the edge. Dominate. We don't want you taking penalties, and getting involved in meaningless fights, but we want you to be the biggest nightmare in the league to play against. We want you to be the intimidator that you were when you came into the league. Play to your strengths because that's what makes you who you are. Be an emotional leader when you're on the ice, set the physical tone for this team.

Just an opinion, but I doubt that's what he's hearing

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to JWensink's comment:

last two seasons

56 goals   67 assists

A -   All of them

Hey Milan

Go out there and play a nasty physical game. Get ur azz in front of the net. Be an agitator and play on the edge. Dominate. We don't want you taking penalties, and getting involved in meaningless fights, but we want you to be the biggest nightmare in the league to play against. We want you to be the intimidator that you were when you came into the league. Play to your strengths because that's what makes you who you are. Be an emotional leader when you're on the ice, set the physical tone for this team.

What do you think he is hearing ?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

last two seasons

56 goals   67 assists

A -   All of them

Awesome post.  I really can't believe it is from JWensink, but whatever.  It's 100% correct in my opinion.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

last two seasons

56 goals   67 assists

A -   All of them

Hey Milan

What do you think he is hearing ?

Keep your emotions under control

stay out of the box

we don't need anyone getting hurt by fighting

work on your skating

neutral zone 1st - fore check 2nd

Yes, I'm aware that I have no basis for this other than an assumption on my part, but it's what I believe. I say turn him loose with bad intentions, the results will follow. But thats just me -

btw, I know I've been putting a bee under your bonnet lately...you've shown remarkable control -lol

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

last two seasons

56 goals   67 assists

A -   All of them

Awesome post.  I really can't believe it is from JWensink, but whatever.  It's 100% correct in my opinion.

Oh gee Mr NAS

I'll try to be more smart like you, and make comments like this so I'm accepted by the Virtual community and everyone will know that I'm really just like them.

Please tell me more about how you dislike Brad Marchand and Marc Savard, and how the PP isn't really important. Oh boy someday I'll know as much as you and everyone will like me.

yippee and kumbay freakin yah

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Yes, I'm aware that I have no basis for this other than an assumption on my part, but it's what I believe. I say turn him loose with bad intentions, the results will follow. But thats just me -

btw, I know I've been putting a bee under your bonnet lately...you've shown remarkable control -lol

Remarkable control or just not interested with interacting in the replay of your complaints of 2 years ago ?  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

Remarkable control or just not interested with interacting in the replay of your complaints of 2 years ago ?  

You're right

I was wrong two yrs ago to link my complaints to his record. I should have just said then that I really don't like his brand of hockey, and I never will, regardless of what happens. I'd like them to play offense with the same attcking style and aggression that they kill penalties with. That will never happen with a CJ coached team, and it's agreed that it's pointless to debate it.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from gord11. Show gord11's posts

"Hey Milan

Go out there and play a nasty physical game. Get ur azz in front of the net. Be an agitator and play on the edge. Dominate. We don't want you taking penalties, and getting involved in meaningless fights, but we want you to be the biggest nightmare in the league to play against. We want you to be the intimidator that you were when you came into the league. Play to your strengths because that's what makes you who you are. Be an emotional leader when you're on the ice, set the physical tone for this team."  - 'JWensink'

Great post. Chalkboard-worthy. His game should be so much simpler.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

It's been said before and I agree, Jagr is this years verision of Michael Ryder without the grit.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Why all this support for Jagr ? What has he done to help lead this team? He finally" scores his first goal on a nice pick and shoot, but his passes are mediocre; his anticipation of where someone should be is just so-so; his assists are usually giving the puck to someone who then finds someone else, who, actually makes a play to result in a goal. Soderberg is more impressive to my old eyes. Sure Jagr does handle the puck with skill that is enviable, but, aside from his latest goal, all the other shots hit the goalie or a defensive player. Not exactly a sniper's results.