Rask or Khudobin

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruin1972. Show Bruin1972's posts

Rask or Khudobin

Considering their lastest performance, which of the 2 would you have in net going forward.It looks like Tuukka has lost whatever focus he used to have; meantime the offense continues to attack the boards rather than attack the net.  A little discouraging at this point. Hopefully Patrice and Brad will be back soon.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

Re: Rask or Khudobin

it's not even a question. It's Tuukka, Tuukka, Tuukka on one leg, and then Khudobin

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

There is no goaltending controversy.  Rask has the job.  He can only lose it in the playoffs, not before.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Khodo only lost 3 games he is    9-3-0

Rask is 17-8-4

Wo would you pick for next game ??

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from abra-cadaver. Show abra-cadaver's posts

Rask has never in his career been able to "steal" games.  He plays well and wins when the team in front of him plays a strong game.  When the team in front of him has off nights, Tuukka's numbers reflect that as well.  Rask's inability to make the timely 3rd period saves is close games is also concerning.  I would like to see more Khudobin going forward, but don't see it happening.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In response to abra-cadaver's comment:

Rask has never in his career been able to "steal" games.  He plays well and wins when the team in front of him plays a strong game.  When the team in front of him has off nights, Tuukka's numbers reflect that as well.  Rask's inability to make the timely 3rd period saves is close games is also concerning.  I would like to see more Khudobin going forward, but don't see it happening.

Bruin's have had a lot of off nights this year,goaltending is main reason Bruin's have a good record,maybee only reason,I have to admit I'm not sure if Rask can take Bruin's to finals,but definetly think he gets the chance to try.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

abra....EXCELLENT COMMENTS

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillallbost08. Show stillallbost08's posts

Rask has better #'s in every catagory

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsnutty. Show Sportsnutty's posts

You're right Stanley.. Khudo has fewer losses. He is obviously the better answer than Rask... What?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Wath them play.

And you will see Rask is the better goalie.

He makes better saves.

He has stolen games which you would notice if you were watching.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

The only problem I see with Rask right now is he can't score.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

we always get posts like this after rask has an "off night" I wouldn't even call last night an off night. the third goal was just kind of weird. the puck was so far forward on the one timer that it rose way faster than I think anyone expected and went bar down. 

correct me if i'm wrong, but i don't think Rask has ever been pulled, with the exception of injury, in his NHL career. That's kind of impressive. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

To me there's no question Rask is the man.  He's kept the Bruins in games this year which solidifies his status as a top goaltender.   But there is one similarity between them.  Both are playing behind a team that is providing inconsistent performances. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

I think CJ will ride Rask, unless he's obviously injured or gets beaten badly/shows confidence loss, then Dobby will get his chance. My personal preference is Rask.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from brunod. Show brunod's posts

Times Rask shows some lack of confidence but is better than Khodo but K is a very good backup and should be considered for resigniging.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

If you were to turn off talk radio and watch the games, you'd never post such things.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

This is probably the best post in this thread.

Tuukka is the starting goalie.  Khudobin is a backup and will not now nor ever be the Bruins number one goalie.

And Rask most definitely has stolen games for them.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

The dumbest think about trying to decide based on record is that if you doubled Khudobin's record, he'd have one more win and two fewer losses - not exactly definitive if you consider the backup gets sheltered.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

The dumbest think about trying to decide based on record is that if you doubled Khudobin's record, he'd have one more win and two fewer losses - not exactly definitive if you consider the backup gets sheltered.

yes I never understood that when people use that formula .  It takes lot once you've become the no1 goalie and need to be prepared for almost every game.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

Tuukka has a wicked wrister I hear.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

Nonsense thread. Rask is the better goalie.

The thing I hate about threads like this is that winning the Cup is pretty much the hardest thing to do in sports. But if The B's don't win,  the Stanley's of the world will say they were right all along and imply that they are some amazing prognosticator for seeing though the sham that is Tuukka Rask. Well, the Bruins' odds of winning it all are 1 in 16 at best (and right now less than that, because the team is playing quite poorly). Predicting Rask won't win it all is no difficult task.

I'm going on the record right now that Jonathan Quick will not lead his team to the Cup this year. Am I a genius if true? No, I just know that the odds are strongly against him or any other of the great goalies in this league getting all the way there. If I say that the Kings would only win if Bernier started it is as entirely as ridiculous and unquantifiable as saying the Bruins will only win if Khudo starts.

The numbers (and the playing time) ALL say that Rask is the better goalie. His GAA is under 2 for chrissakes!

Please stop this ridiculous Tony Masserotti/Glenn Ordway-esqe fuel on the fire blather.