Rask star count

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Rask star count

Did I hear correctly today that Rask has been named one of the 3 stars for all 14 games he has played this year? I don't really pay much attention to the 3 stars of the game but thats something that caught me off guard when I heard it today.

So far this year, he has been nothing short of stellar.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

Re: Rask star count

14 games. 2 shutouts. 2 games with 3 goals, one game with 4 (one was a 6 on 3 in that game, the other a 6 on 4). In ELEVEN games, he's allowed 2 or fewer goals.

The kid is a stud. I hope he can keep it up, and keep proving that he was worth his contract.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

7 firsts, 4 seconds, no thirds, and 4 no stars.

Still quite stellar.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

Wow!!  I knew he had been great but that is amazing!! 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to DrCC's comment:
    [QUOTE]

7 firsts, 4 seconds, no thirds, and 4 no stars.

Still quite stellar.

[/QUOTE]

Thanks for looking that up, I must have heard wrong

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Best goalie in the NHL?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

This past Saturday's game against the Leafs was the front-end match of Hockey Night in Canada.

Kelv, you'll be happy to hear that they selected Tuukka as the first star.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

On one hand it's great but on the other hand it was mentioned on NESN yesterday that Rask has had to bail out his team too often already. Hopefully the Bruins pick up their play and not have to soley rely on Rask to bail them out. Besides Rask can't play them all, Johnson will have to play in at least 20 games this season and let's just say he was less than stellar in the 2 games he has started.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

In response to jpBsSoxFan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

On one hand it's great but on the other hand it was mentioned on NESN yesterday that Rask has had to bail out his team too often already. Hopefully the Bruins pick up their play and not have to soley rely on Rask to bail them out. Besides Rask can't play them all, Johnson will have to play in at least 20 games this season and let's just say he was less than stellar in the 2 games he has started.

[/QUOTE]

Yup. The amount of games he has had to play is worrisome. Particularly with him in all likelihood starting in the Olympics, and what looks like a backloaded schedule for the team, I'm pretty worried about his endurance. I'm not concerned about his skill or anything like that, and I'm not saying that he can't win in the playoffs, but I am definitely concerned about how he finishes the year, unless they throw Johnson out there more as the season goes along, where they risk losing games with him in net. It seems as though they have zero confidence in Johnson, and I'm concerned that their inability to grab a backup goaltender may hurt their chances.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That's just not true.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

With back to backs thurs-fri and mon-tues, he should get a break, I hope Johnson can be ready, cant wear out rask .

One thing that worries me is an unproven johnson and no one in providence ready if an injury happened. The goalie depth is just not there yet.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

In response to hangnail's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That's just not true.

[/QUOTE]

Really ?  Go back and look at the goals that were scored in the 2 games he has started. Nobody is expecting miracles from him but at least be adequate enough to give the team a chance to win the games that he does start.