Rask

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

Rask

Ok... I haven't blamed Rask at all this year because I think he's had some bad luck but he has to stop that puck on Montreal's first goal.  No traffic and it wasn't that hard.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from stingerjp. Show stingerjp's posts

Re: Rask

Agreed Matt.  The kid has a bright future but for some reason he has been totally immune to criticism from all.  He has played poorly to start the season.  TT is playing at a world-class level and i hope TR gets to that point soon.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

His losing streak is 8 in a row... it's in his head now!

No 1 PK vs No 30 PP. It was a very make-able save. It's just the kid's mindset that is off.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from stingerjp. Show stingerjp's posts

0 wins, 4 losses = poor start.  You can regurgitate stats, but wins are pretty important.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Rask:[QUOTE]His losing streak is 8 in a row... it's in his head now! No 1 PK vs No 30 PP. It was a very make-able save. It's just the kid's mindset that is off. Posted by Bruinfaninnewjersey[/QUOTE]

That was Montreal PP without Markov in the lineup that will change now. So should the Bruins trade Rask ? He's young and hasn't had many starts that's Julien's fault. Tuukka needs starts PERIOD...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from stingerjp. Show stingerjp's posts

In Response to Re: Rask:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rask : That was Montreal PP without Markov in the lineup that will change now. So should the Bruins trade Rask ? He's young and hasn't had many starts that's Julien's fault. Tuukka needs starts PERIOD...
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

Rask will be the man for years to come and he does need to play more to be sharper.  I guess my question is do you go out of your way to start him with TT playing at such a high level...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

I'm not saying any of this is Rask's fault. But, you start the $5M goalie who is winning. Until he shows he's ready, Rask will only get the odd start here and there.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rask : Rask will be the man for years to come and he does need to play more to be sharper.  I guess my question is do you go out of your way to start him with TT playing at such a high level...
    Posted by stingerjp[/QUOTE]
    TT has been good all year but was questionable at best last night.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

Again, Rask hasnt done anything at any level.  He had good numbers through 45 games last year, but he was 22 & 17 too, which isnt exactly great.  I dont care if you let in only 1 goal a game, if youre losing youre losing. 

When he went in in the third of the Caps game, the Bruins scored 3 goals to tie it.  Tuukka let one in 3 minutes later.  Thats NOT acceptable.  He RARELY steals a game, and thats what bothers me.  That and the fact that his 45 games last year where he went 22-17 really isnt an accomplishment of any sort.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

Rask has played well since that first goal.  Lets hope he gets his first win.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

[QUOTE]Again, Rask hasnt done anything at any level.  He had good numbers through 45 games last year, but he was 22 & 17 too, which isnt exactly great.  I dont care if you let in only 1 goal a game, if youre losing youre losing.  When he went in in the third of the Caps game, the Bruins scored 3 goals to tie it.  Tuukka let one in 3 minutes later.  Thats NOT acceptable.  He RARELY steals a game, and thats what bothers me.  That and the fact that his 45 games last year where he went 22-17 really isnt an accomplishment of any sort.
    Posted by bigvig[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure there's a goalie on the planet that would have saved that goal by Carlson in the Caps game.  That was a bomb.  Plain and simple.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

[QUOTE]Rask has played well since that first goal.  Lets hope he gets his first win.
    Posted by mattbs[/QUOTE]

Agree. And agree.

GO BRUINS! GO RASK!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Bigvig! You're not being fair here! The goalie can't score goals & if he's only allowing 1 goal. You can't blame the goalie. That's silly. Every goalie allows bad goals! It's how or if he makes up for them that's a difference. Tonite he robbed Gomez big time! That's a "make up for a bad goal save!"

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

Listen, maybe Im not being fair, but my point is Rask wasnt exactly amazing last year in the wins vs. losses department, and it was only half a season.  Maybe it was the "whole team", but at what point do we do something different?  Why all the "hope and prayers" on Rask?  Its not like we gave away anything for him and its not like he has really done anything to this point in his career.  Ill eat all the crow everyone can provide if Im wrong, and I honestly hope I am, but Ive never been high on Rask.  Ive never seen anything from him that I thought was amazing and made me think he was going to be the next future goalie for the Bruins.  I also dont like the fact that he never seems to be able to steel a game, even when his team puts him in the position to do so.  How about the shootout the other night? 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from thefly8. Show thefly8's posts

If you blame Rask then you can't be happy with the D! small team like Montral having thier way in front of the net.

Couple of soft calls don't help either.

How about the offense hitting the net.

They are playing like last years team...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

Whatever your opinion is, his team hasn't exactly helped him by putting pucks in the net.  1 goal ain't gonna cut it with any goalie.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

cant blame Rask ...Bruins playing without their best player (David Krejci) when the Flyers took him out last year we lost 4 in a row ....he is so important to the Bruins ....but when will be Rask's first win ?????

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from thefly8. Show thefly8's posts

What is the goals for when Tukka is in net?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

[QUOTE]Whatever your opinion is, his team hasn't exactly helped him by putting pucks in the net.  1 goal ain't gonna cut it with any goalie.
    Posted by mattbs[/QUOTE]

They did pot 3 in a come-from-behind bid against the Caps not too long ago!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Rask tripped over his own skates heading for the bench. I feel bad for the kid.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from thefly8. Show thefly8's posts

This was a bad team performance. was really bad!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

Im not blaming Rask for THIS game (although 2 of the goals he could have had).  Im just saying it like it is really.  Im not making up stats, Im not even putting forth an opinion other than saying Ive never seen anything in him.  He played 45 games last year and went 22-17 (22-12-5 technically) and those arent great numbers.  He doesnt have amazing stats anywhere to show me he is the NEXT big thing.

His best numbers are with the PB's in 07/08 when he went 27-13-2 and have a 2.33gaa and a .905sv%.  And if you look at his playoffs stats, they are pretty bad except with the 2009 PB's.  I just dont see it.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Whatever your opinion is, his team hasn't exactly helped him by putting pucks in the net.  1 goal ain't gonna cut it with any goalie.
    Posted by mattbs[/QUOTE]
    Goaltending is the last thing the Bruins need to concern themselves with.The defence looked tired and sloppy tonight but has been great so far so I'm not complaining.Tough loss to Habs but the team still has huge potential when they get healthy(if it EVER happens).

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rask : Goaltending is the last thing the Bruins need to concern themselves with.The defence looked tired and sloppy tonight but has been great so far so I'm not complaining.Tough loss to Habs but the team still has huge potential when they get healthy(if it EVER happens).
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]
    The defence? The whole team put in their worst effort of the season since game 1. The B's have played probably a total of 60 min of good hockey in the last 240 min! They're not working hard enough! The B's fastest skaters on the team are. Paille, Hunwick & Seguin. Were out skated by what some1 on here argued last night & said they had no speed! They got outworked, out skated & out coached tonight! I hope Rask gets a good lawyer! It's not CJ that's ruining this kids confidence, it's the players!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I thought Rask played pretty well after the first goal, which he should have had.  With 41 shots against and a .927 save percentage you really can't complain about this game. 

For some reason they just don't seem to be playing well in front of him this season.  Tired of seeing Habs forwards standing in the crease everytime they had the puck in the zone.