Rask...stand up or falter

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrr. Show NeelyOrr's posts

Rask...stand up or falter

I like Rask but I'm not sure that he can handle the workload down the stretch. He does have  good numbers but he is not making the saves that takes a team to the cup. He seems to be bothered to easily and havn't got that relaxed state that Thomas has...just saying.As for the power play thats not working, instead of special teams why don't they use the same lines that they use 5 on 5? They are used to each other and why is Bourque on the power play?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Re: Rask...stand up or falter

In response to NeelyOrr's comment:

I like Rask but I'm not sure that he can handle the workload down the stretch. He does have  good numbers but he is not making the saves that takes a team to the cup. He seems to be bothered to easily and havn't got that relaxed state that Thomas has...just saying.As for the power play thats not working, instead of special teams why don't they use the same lines that they use 5 on 5? They are used to each other and why is Bourque on the power play?

I watched TT let in many weak goals over his stay in Boston and actually never thought he would take the B's to the finals let alone win it. Whats refreshing about Rask is he at least admits when he has a bad game or let in a bad goal, something TT never did.I also don't know if i would call TT's style relaxed, but whatever, i think Tuukka will be just fine. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

I'm going to choose to not settle as a fan like 50below has. I want more out of our goalie.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Settle? He's tied for first in wins, 6th in GAA and 7th in SP - how is that settling?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

He should be where he is in all those categories, the team is a talented or more so than any other Eastern Conference squad.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from heyoo. Show heyoo's posts

Ehh ill take rask it's the d that has been struggling. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

"Settle" made me laugh out loud.  Absurd.  "As a fan, I demand more than the goalie with the best save % in history".

Dude, accept some reality.  Rask has been great, even if some goals are scored here and there.  Every goalie has some mediocre games.  TT is becoming that ex-girlfriend that you can only remember great things about and you forget that there was a time when every fan thought "this guy can't possibly win a Stanley Cup" Your standards are insane.  Virtually every NHL team would love to have this guy.

Don't settle for Kate Upton either, you can do better.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Rask has played very well. He is the number 1 goalie and the Bruins are 14-3-3...I think if you asked any educated fan at the beginning of the season they would "settle" for that...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

I think Rask has played very well. A good friend of mine who's a hardcore Flyer fan (I don't hold it against him) is always telling me how much he wishes Philly had a goalie like Rask or could find one like him.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

I most say his last game reminded me of Philly game in playoffs,don't think it would have happened with Thomas in net,dont get me wrong Rask has been great this year,more than i can say for most of team around him

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to kitchener's comment:

I most say his last game reminded me of Philly game in playoffs,don't think it would have happened with Thomas in net,dont get me wrong Rask has been great this year,more than i can say for most of team around him

We'll never know.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to dannycater's comment:

He should be where he is in all those categories, the team is a talented or more so than any other Eastern Conference squad.

I'd like to see Khudobin get more starts not becuase Rask isn't playing well but becuase I want Antoine to stay sharper. I remember "Timmy 5hole" would be the thread name when Thomas would lose a one goal game late in the 3rd.

Nice avatar DC, that trade still urks me. Lou Gorman GezzUz!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

Per my observations, it seems like he's been making very good saves, and has periods where he looks great.  It seems like he is booting the occasional easy save.

Its like a shortstop who has impeccable range and makes spectacular plays, but occasionally boots a ball thats hit right at him.

I think this is better than the inverse (making the easy plays, flubbing the hard ones).  Because if it was the inverse, you could assume that it was a player hitting his celing (or plateuing).

I dont see anything in his game that is not correctable.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Can we settle for today?

Should have made a few saves more decisively and I thought he looked a little too sweaty, but what the heck, I can live with it.  I guess.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

Can we settle for today?

Should have made a few saves more decisively and I thought he looked a little too sweaty, but what the heck, I can live with it.  I guess.

Down too often and too early but he'll probably turn things around eventually.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

Can we settle for today?

He didn't seem comfortable and gave up a few rebounds.  I expect better shutouts from him.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Fanboys...afraid to criticize your team...

He should've fought someone.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

I FREAKIN WISH HE'D JUST "SETTLE"

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Rask has been solid all year, and Khudobin has been a good back-up. The comment on the defense needing to pick up it's game is right on. Ference and Seids are experienced but fading; Hamilton shows new skills, but is still learning; McQ is not yet up to last year's progress, but he can improve; and Boychuck still makes strange decisions with the puck and his body. He took out VanReimsbook[sp.?] but also left himself TOTALLY out of play  once again. Reports from Providence indicate that Krug is playing a solid, smart game, but Claude may not welcome a second rookie.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

Geez....I wish he gave up a goal so we could see how he'd react.   Trade him.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsnutty. Show Sportsnutty's posts

I watched TT let in many weak goals over his stay in Boston and actually never thought he would take the B's to the finals let alone win it. Whats refreshing about Rask is he at least admits when he has a bad game or let in a bad goal, something TT never did.I also don't know if i would call TT's style relaxed, but whatever, i think Tuukka will be just fine. 

[/QUOTE]

Really? Was it the first or second Vezina trophy that made you think he didnt have the goods to lead our team to the finals?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to bogie6's comment:

Rask has been solid all year, and Khudobin has been a good back-up. The comment on the defense needing to pick up it's game is right on. Ference and Seids are experienced but fading; Hamilton shows new skills, but is still learning; McQ is not yet up to last year's progress, but he can improve; and Boychuck still makes strange decisions with the puck and his body. He took out VanReimsbook[sp.?] but also left himself TOTALLY out of play  once again. Reports from Providence indicate that Krug is playing a solid, smart game, but Claude may not welcome a second rookie.

You're out to lunch. He's made some mistakes, but he saved about 3 goals in the last 2 games alone, so I have no idea what you're smokin, but this belly achin on every post is getting old!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to Sportsnutty's comment:

Really? Was it the first or second Vezina trophy that made you think he didnt have the goods to lead our team to the finals?

[/QUOTE]

It was the team & system that won those!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Tuuka has spoken.  He read the negatives here and straighten out his game today.  Thank goodness !

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

You're out to lunch. He's made some mistakes, but he saved about 3 goals in the last 2 games alone, so I have no idea what you're smokin, but this belly achin on every post is getting old!!

Bogie has been on a Seidenberg campaign for a couple of weeks now.  It's a one man parade, however.