RAT Night

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

RAT Night

Marchand, Lapierre and Cooke.  What gives

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Re: RAT Night

Cooke with 2.  Lou getting Booed.  Lapierre with one.  Oh I hope Lou gets yanked.  Is there any player more hated by their own fans.  And where do you trade that contract?  They literally would have lots of cap space and a excellent young back up goalie.  Plus they have a rag tag group of fwds.  Van is gonna be in hard this year. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Schneider, in my opinion, is going to be a great goaltender.  That Vancouver hasn't moved him (you know they've gotten plenty of offers) says a lot about their true long term goals with Pump and his huge contract.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Kess got an assist.

Cooke will score even strength empty netter on a pen shot to complete the gamut.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I can only think of one team that could use him.  And thats Edmonton.  I am sure Van would dump him in their laps if they could get one of their decent fwd prospects. 
    I just think of all the opportunity they could have with free agent contracts.  I mean Sturm?  Really?  Thats what you sell your fans when they have such obvious needs. 

Oh well.  Thats their problem.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In Response to Re: RAT Night:
    [QUOTE]Kess got an assist. Cooke will score even strength empty netter on a pen shot to complete the gamut.
    Posted by No4BobbyOrr-GOAT[/QUOTE]

And then break his leg. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]I can only think of one team that could use him.  And thats Edmonton.  I am sure Van would dump him in their laps if they could get one of their decent fwd prospects.  I just think of all the opportunity they could have with free agent contracts.  I mean Sturm?  Really?  Thats what you sell your fans when they have such obvious needs.  Oh well.  Thats their problem.
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

I can think of a lot of teams that could use Schneider.  I'd say he is one of the most highly regarded back-ups in the league and he is still young.  There are probably 8 or 10 teams with suspect goaltending who would like to have Schnieder in the mix.  That's why Van gets offers for him.

Agreed on Sturm.  He doesn't exactly address their areas of weakness.  I think he was brought in as a place-holder for Mason Raymond until the injury heals.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: RAT Night : I can think of a lot of teams that could use Schneider.  I'd say he is one of the most highly regarded back-ups in the league and he is still young.  There are probably 8 or 10 teams with suspect goaltending who would like to have Schnieder in the mix.  That's why Van gets offers for him. Agreed on Sturm.  He doesn't exactly address their areas of weakness.  I think he was brought in as a place-holder for Mason Raymond until the injury heals.
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

I was talking about getting the scape goat Loungo outta there.  Schnieder would net them a young top 6 fwd.  And Edmonton has plenty of them.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Sorry, thought NAS was referring to Schneider above.

Edmonton has more 40-point forwards than any team in the league...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

Interesting point about the Oilers.  They have young guns with lots of offensive potential, but they have nowhere close to the back end necessary to even make the playoffs.  Someone like Lou could make them competitive enough defensively to rise out of the lower tier of the league.

Lou always starts slowly in October, for whatever reason.  To me, that's totally unacceptable for your highest paid player. 

I think team management has recognized the effects of the short summer, and made the conscious decision to rest most of the veterans during the pre-season. As a result, much of the team still looks like they're playing pre-season games (although the Sedins put together some very nice plays last night).  I think MG/AV have decided that they'll accept a gradual work-up to full regular season speed in early October, in exchange for a hopefully stronger reserve in the playoffs.  The second line is definitely patched together until Kes & Mase get back;  I don't think anyone expects Hodgson/Sammy/Sturm to be a legit #2 line.

But, in October, does anything really matter that much?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]Interesting point about the Oilers.  They have young guns with lots of offensive potential, but they have nowhere close to the back end necessary to even make the playoffs.  Someone like Lou could make them competitive enough defensively to rise out of the lower tier of the league. Lou always starts slowly in October, for whatever reason.  To me, that's totally unacceptable for your highest paid player.  I think team management has recognized the effects of the short summer, and made the conscious decision to rest most of the veterans during the pre-season. As a result, much of the team still looks like they're playing pre-season games (although the Sedins put together some very nice plays last night).  I think MG/AV have decided that they'll accept a gradual work-up to full regular season speed in early October, in exchange for a hopefully stronger reserve in the playoffs.  The second line is definitely patched together until Kes & Mase get back;  I don't think anyone expects Hodgson/Sammy/Sturm to be a legit #2 line. But, in October, does anything really matter that much?
    Posted by 49-North[/QUOTE]

Nope.  June.  We already saw what happened then. 

Vans problems have not been addressed is the issue.
    Goalie- Hated and is a choke monster.  Loungo will never get past that.  Some guys can't and if they could take a bag a pucks for him to free that dinasour contract they should.  Thats why I mentioned Edmonton.

Defense- Soft.  Very very soft.

Fwds- See Defense and add a few extremely in front of soft.

They did nothing but add sturm.   And I still stand by my one line stacked comment.  Mason may never be the same and has yet to excel.   I see them dropping this year.  And their chance for a cup in my eyes is done as well.  Heart of a cowardly lion!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

Funny how a team with the 'heart of a cowardly lion' could get past the 'Hawks, Preds and Sharks.  What does that say about those teams?

The Bruins won 16 games in last year's playoffs. The Canucks won 15.  So the Bruins are great, honourable warriors, and the Canucks are horrible, gutless divers? 

Please.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dalexander2424. Show dalexander2424's posts

[QUOTE]Funny how a team with the 'heart of a cowardly lion' could get past the 'Hawks, Preds and Sharks.  What does that say about those teams? The Bruins won 16 games in last year's playoffs. The Canucks won 15.  So the Bruins are great, honourable warriors, and the Canucks are horrible, gutless divers?  Please.
    Yes

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]Funny how a team with the 'heart of a cowardly lion' could get past the 'Hawks, Preds and Sharks.  What does that say about those teams? The Bruins won 16 games in last year's playoffs. The Canucks won 15.  So the Bruins are great, honourable warriors, and the Canucks are horrible, gutless divers?  Please.

Chicago had the heart of a lion taking them the distance.  Van almost folded the tent then.
    SJ is the western version of the Capitals and very similar to the heartless Canucks.  Soft leadership.
    Nashville- Really.  name there top 6 fwds without looking.

THEN the Canucks get up 2-0 and take out our most clutch playoff scorer.  Then wham.  Chara steps up.  Scares his club and motivates them into dominating.  And yes they dominated them. True character and will to win shows up in a champion.  we were down 0-2 twice and fought back. 

If you can honestly watch your team with pride I feel for you.  As a hockey fan first which I have always claimed to be.  Your team is a complete fraud.  I am still in shock mode that your best player was getting a jack hammer from our pest and not one player did diddly doodoo about it.  Like not even say anything to him.  Bieksa who was fighting all the non-fighters in the playoffs and winning did nothing but look scared.  Your team shouldnt have even gone 7 with us. 

Then...in the off season when three yrs of obvious blueprint on how to beat the canucks and they add sturm.  Sturm!?!.  Really. 
    When your captains are the Gazoo Twins you are in trouble.  Being nice guys doesnt win you anything.  Kelser should have had the C.  The fact chokey mr. loser was the goalie captain is a joke.  How european of vancouver.  They likely decided that when they started offering sushi for the die hard fans of vancouver.  To be honest I think Van is worst than Montreal.  At least Montreal put up a heck of a fight and didnt burn their city down.  Beautiful BC my b u t t.

I have already said it.  Van is gonna have a difficult time making the playoffs unless they make some changes.  The fact they kept Lapierre should tell the hockey world all we need to know.  How do you cheer for him? 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

That's a pretty rough delivery, but I think Shupe is making some really valid points.  In particular, Kesler should be the captain.  As I have said before, the look of complete sickness on his face from the end of game 7 through the NHL awards ceremony a month later was exactly what (I think) you want from your star player.  You can tell that he is just barely able to be a sportsman about it and the loss eats away at him.  He was clearly injured in the Stanley Cup and he still played with more effort than just about everyone on the ice.

The issue for me is not so much that they barely lost and went 7 games with the Bruins, it is that they lost 4 of 5 against the Bruins, with a more talented team.  I swear I am not trying to rub it in, but how could they go up 2 games on the Bruins and then lose 4 of 5??

I look at offseason signings of guys like Eric Cole or Robyn Regehr (I feel like I'm pumping shupe's tires now...) and think how good they might be for Vancouver.  Instead you are adding Sturm to a team led by Luongo and the Sedins.  I would feel good about the talent and bad about the character of the team.  In the past ten years Bruins fans have frequently felt bad about both, so I think I have an eye for it.

Who knows, maybe they'll come back stronger like the Bruins did after the collapse against Philly.  But I have some real queestions about how Luongo will recover and how the Sedins will lead.  I honestly think I would fear that team more with Schneider in net and Kesler wearing the 'C'.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]That's a pretty rough delivery, but I think Shupe is making some really valid points.  In particular, Kesler should be the captain.  As I have said before, the look of complete sickness on his face from the end of game 7 through the NHL awards ceremony a month later was exactly what (I think) you want from your star player.  You can tell that he is just barely able to be a sportsman about it and the loss eats away at him.  He was clearly injured in the Stanley Cup and he still played with more effort than just about everyone on the ice. The issue for me is not so much that they barely lost and went 7 games with the Bruins, it is that they lost 4 of 5 against the Bruins, with a more talented team.  I swear I am not trying to rub it in, but how could they go up 2 games on the Bruins and then lose 4 of 5?? I look at offseason signings of guys like Eric Cole or Robyn Regehr (I feel like I'm pumping shupe's tires now...) and think how good they might be for Vancouver.  Instead you are adding Sturm to a team led by Luongo and the Sedins.  I would feel good about the talent and bad about the character of the team.  In the past ten years Bruins fans have frequently felt bad about both, so I think I have an eye for it. Who knows, maybe they'll come back stronger like the Bruins did after the collapse against Philly.  But I have some real queestions about how Luongo will recover and how the Sedins will lead.  I honestly think I would fear that team more with Schneider in net and Kesler wearing the 'C'.
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

Was I too harsh.  Golly Gee I am sorry.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

I was very very disappointed with the Canucks effort in the Finals, especially given how they "slew the dragon" vs. Chicago, got past arguably the best 1-2 D-pair in the league (Weber-Suter) and then the Sharks (though I still don't know how they won two series).  The lack of 'push back' in the face of the Bruins post-whistle antics sickened me.  Marchand should have had his face pushed into the back of his head for his use of Sedin's face as a punching bag.

However, I think the Canucks will take that experience and learn from it, just as the Bruins learned from their collapse vs. the Flyers.  I'm sure all of you were pretty disgusted and despondent after that series -- but the Cup was worth the wait, wasn't it?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]I was very very disappointed with the Canucks effort in the Finals, especially given how they "slew the dragon" vs. Chicago, got past arguably the best 1-2 D-pair in the league (Weber-Suter) and then the Sharks (though I still don't know how they won two series).  The lack of 'push back' in the face of the Bruins post-whistle antics sickened me.  Marchand should have had his face pushed into the back of his head for his use of Sedin's face as a punching bag. However, I think the Canucks will take that experience and learn from it, just as the Bruins learned from their collapse vs. the Flyers.  I'm sure all of you were pretty disgusted and despondent after that series -- but the Cup was worth the wait, wasn't it?

Yes, indeed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]I was very very disappointed with the Canucks effort in the Finals, especially given how they "slew the dragon" vs. Chicago, got past arguably the best 1-2 D-pair in the league (Weber-Suter) and then the Sharks (though I still don't know how they won two series).  The lack of 'push back' in the face of the Bruins post-whistle antics sickened me.  Marchand should have had his face pushed into the back of his head for his use of Sedin's face as a punching bag. However, I think the Canucks will take that experience and learn from it, just as the Bruins learned from their collapse vs. the Flyers.  I'm sure all of you were pretty disgusted and despondent after that series -- but the Cup was worth the wait, wasn't it?

Excellent post!  And I wasnt meaning it in spit of you.  Anyone who can take the licks and still offer hockey on this board is ok in my eyes. 

What freaking made me ticked about them is that they had Nolan.  Looked good.  Could have easily been on their 2nd line.   He would have b itch slapped Sedin for doing nothing but standing their and bleeding.  Then he would have chased Marchand back to Hammonds Plains NS.   Imagine Raymond/Kesler and Nolan as a 2nd line.  Just would add depth to lines 3 and 4. Would have been the Recchi effect.  Even ride it out with him until teh injuries are up.  

Problem is they have shown their push back isnt there.  They look like awkward doing it.  How does a team lead the league in hits and have no sack?   

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

I was pulling for Nolan as well.  As the pre-season progressed, it didn't appear that he had the speed necessary to compete night in and night out.  He started strong, but I recall seeing one of the games where he had three opportunities to get the puck out of the zone on a shift, and he couldn't do it.  I think he was released the next day. It's too bad;  I think he would have been a good fit.

I know what you're saying about the hits;  they were pounding the crap out of the Hawks, Preds and Sharks, and had nothing against the Bruins? 

Again, I'm hoping that one of the lessons learned is that the President's Trophy is not the goal, and that as long as they make the playoffs (top 4 is good enough), and stay healthy, the rest will take care of itself.