Rat vs. Rat

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Rat vs. Rat

Marchand vs. Shaw.  Pretty similar players in size.  Skill goes to Marchand.  Both are greasy though and a real pain in the azz.

Playoff stats:

Shaw: 4G 3A 7PTS 26 PIMs

Marchand: 4G 9A 13PTS 16 PIMs

Can't wait to see them in eachother's face!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

Re: Rat vs. Rat

In response to hangnail's comment:

Marchand vs. Shaw.  Pretty similar players in size.  Skill goes to Marchand.  Both are greasy though and a real pain in the azz.

Playoff stats:

Marchand: 4G 9A 13PTS 16 PIMs

Can't wait to see them in eachother's face!

Bruins have both a weasel/rat but much more talent, speed and skill. Other players to take notice:

Looch-Bickel

Chara- Keith

Rask- Crawford

Jagr- Hossa

Krejci -  Toews

Kane - Horton 

Both coaches are very good, bruins 2nd line against the Hawks 1st line and both teams defense lines cannot make too many mistakes.

Overall should be an awesome SCF, can't wait go bruins 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Hossa scares me the most.  Im confident bickells gm will drop when faced with chara.  Same for toews kane.   Sharp Hossa scare me the most.  Shaw is a good rat.  But hes no brad. 

should be a great series.  Chicago isnt very physical.  Lets see if they pull a pitt who tried to out bruin us.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

I like our rat better.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

In response to boborielly224's comment:

Marchand: 4G 9A 13PTS 16 PIMs - ADVANTAGE BOSTON

Looch-Bickel - ADVANTAGE BOSTON

Chara- Keith - ADVANTAGE BOSTON

Rask- Crawford - ADVANTAGE BOSTON

Jagr- Hossa - ADVANTAGE CHICAGO

Krejci -  Toews - EVEN

Kane - Horton - ADVANTAGE CHICAGO

WE ARE LEAVING OUT BERGERON - ADVANTAGE BOSTON

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

another rodent on the Hawks is Bolland....

“People think common sense is common - but it's not.”

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:

In response to boborielly224's comment:

[QUOTE]

Marchand: 4G 9A 13PTS 16 PIMs - ADVANTAGE BOSTON

Looch-Bickel - ADVANTAGE BOSTON

Chara- Keith - ADVANTAGE BOSTON

Rask- Crawford - ADVANTAGE BOSTON

Jagr- Hossa - ADVANTAGE CHICAGO

Krejci -  Toews - UP to this point DK is way ahead! In the playoffs Im talking.

Kane - Horton - ADVANTAGE CHICAGO

WE ARE LEAVING OUT BERGERON - ADVANTAGE BOSTON

[/QUOTE]

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Coaching - ??

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucdufour. Show lucdufour's posts

Lineups are pretty similar. 

As far as styles of play are concerend--I would put

Krejci with Kane...both have great vision and are slick

Toews with Bergeron...2 of the best all-around NHL players in the game

Sharp with Horton...both can snipe with Horton being more physical

Hossa with Jagr.....2 of the strongest guys "on the puck".  Hossa is a beast. 

Chara with Keith....both lead on Defense but Chara is a better shutdown guy

Looch with Bickel....both play with an edge and are big men

Shaw with Marchand...For reason stated above--Shaw is coming in to his own; Marchand is more established and has way better vision

I'm not going to say who has an edge here since if this was done with Pittsburgh, they would be way better on paper on the forward front.

I will say that I like our supporting cast of forwards better with Seguin, Kelly, Peverley, Paille versus Saad and their periphery guys..and that is despite the loss of Campbell. 

The supporting D is almost identical to ours...good puck movers and good skaters on both sides.  Rask will need to be as good as he was in the Ranger/Pitt series.  I don't think he will match his performances versus Pitt, but a repeat of the NYR is doable. 

Luc Dufour was as tough as Nails.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

Hossa scares me the most.  Im confident bickells gm will drop when faced with chara.  Same for toews kane.   Sharp Hossa scare me the most.  Shaw is a good rat.  But hes no brad. 

should be a great series.  Chicago isnt very physical.  Lets see if they pull a pitt who tried to out bruin us.  

I agree on Hossa, and everytime Kane has the puck he is a threat. I think he has the best footwork in the league.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from HOTBLITZ. Show HOTBLITZ's posts

So funny listening to all the homers on this board..if you really think Boston is deeper and more talented then the hawks I am going to come back after the series and repost all of this..there is a reason Chicago had 15 more points then Boston in the regular season in a clearly better conference. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

In response to HOTBLITZ's comment:

So funny listening to all the homers on this board..if you really think Boston is deeper and more talented then the hawks I am going to come back after the series and repost all of this..there is a reason Chicago had 15 more points then Boston in the regular season in a clearly better conference. 

Thanks, it will be a good reminder that all of us homers were right.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from HOTBLITZ. Show HOTBLITZ's posts

Sure buddy... You all sayig BOston has a better roster then CHicago is flat out wrong And everyone outside of Boston knows it.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Pens have a better roster too,  and were 3-0 against the B's in the regular season.  That did them a lot of good this past week.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Where are you football guy?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

if you want to hear people pumping the Hawks tires maybe you should log on to one of their discussion boards instead....

as for us homers, we say GO B'S!!!! 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from HOTBLITZ. Show HOTBLITZ's posts

Please don't compare pens to hawks. Completely different animal.

listen I'm not saying Boston can't pull it out, as I do believe they are a great team. All I'm saying is the last thing you should be doing is saying B's in 4 or 5. It's laughable.

I have read on this board today so far how CHara is better then Keith which that I agree with, Raask is better then CC..other then that you don't have an advantage anywhere and I have no dog in this fight. Saying B'S 4th line is better then HAwks is ridiculous..lmao. Bollard has 40 points in around 50 playoff games and is on the 4th line..Frolik has been a beast and is a 2x 20 goal scorer, again 4th line.. Kruger is very underrated.. Show some respect.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from HOTBLITZ. Show HOTBLITZ's posts

Chicago is deeper with much more offensive ability. The pens team defense couldn't hold a candle to the hawks a zzz..as there 2nd ranked regular season defensive stats would indicate..

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from HOTBLITZ. Show HOTBLITZ's posts

And don't say B's are way bigger and will be too physical for them. That's exactly what the kings tried.. And before you go saying well Boston is bigger remember on average LA is the biggest team in the Nhl.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Please don't compare pens to hawks. Completely different animal.

listen I'm not saying Boston can't pull it out, as I do believe they are a great team. All I'm saying is the last thing you should be doing is saying B's in 4 or 5. It's laughable.

I have read on this board today so far how CHara is better then Keith which that I agree with, Raask is better then CC..other then that you don't have an advantage anywhere and I have no dog in this fight. Saying B'S 4th line is better then HAwks is ridiculous..lmao. Bollard has 40 points in around 50 playoff games and is on the 4th line..Frolik has been a beast and is a 2x 20 goal scorer, again 4th line.. Kruger is very underrated.. Show some respect.

Give me a break.  They're saying the same thing in Chicago.  Fans just want to believe their team will win.  Posting it here isn't going to make it happen. 

And 4th lines rarely determine the outcome of a game. 

Stick to football.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

And don't say B's are way bigger and will be too physical for them. That's exactly what the kings tried.. And before you go saying well Boston is bigger remember on average LA is the biggest team in the Nhl.

bruins normally have 10 plus guys with double goal totals.  every team tries to out hit out tough the bruins.  Chicago is a skill team.  I respect them.  But they dont have any advantage over us.  The bruins have obvious advantages over the hawks.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Chicago is deeper with much more offensive ability. The pens team defense couldn't hold a candle to the hawks a zzz..as there 2nd ranked regular season defensive stats would indicate..

Finish this sentence.  Stats are for ___________.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from HOTBLITZ. Show HOTBLITZ's posts

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

LA was injured.  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Never said that.  Both teams can play physical, no argument from me.