Re-sign Jagr or Horton in the offseason ?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re-sign Jagr or Horton in the offseason ?

So of course a hypethetical situation for the summer or right before the draft. Jagr and Horton go on a tear in the playoffs, which I think they will, and PC finds a taker for Peverley plus Jacobs beancounters tell Chiarelli that he can use Savard's LTIR for yah know...old times sake (when PC puts himself agianst the CAP to tight...again).

Jagr and Horton's agent(s) have told PC that they want to stay.

Who should the Bruins re-sign ?

PS. Assume all players are moved, brought up and money is right on CapGeek for only one of the two players.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

Re: Re-sign Jagr or Horton in the offseason ?

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

So of course a hypethetical situation for the summer or right before the draft. Jagr and Horton go on a tear in the playoffs, which I think they will, and PC finds a taker for Peverley plus Jacobs beancounters tell Chiarelli that he can use Savard's LTIR for yah know...old times sake (when PC puts himself agianst the CAP to tight...again).

Jagr and Horton's agent(s) have told PC that they want to stay.

Who should the Bruins re-sign ?

PS. Assume all players are moved, brought up and money is right on CapGeek for only one of the two players.

depends on the money. i lean towards jagr. i'd prefer they somehow keep both. I could see horton taking one year on the cheap so he can hit free agency after the cap goes back up

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Not Horton.  His play seems to be really lazy.

Maybe Jagr if for the right money

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

And rumor I'm heard from someone who knows someone was that the Bruins don't want to resign Horton

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

San dawgy dog,

im going with jag.   

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Jagr......no question.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

I wouldnt sign Jagr ..he will be 42 ...I think he can help the Bruins for this year's playoffs but that will be the end of the road for him with the B's

I wouldnt sign Horton even if I love the guy ..he can score so many important goals...but with his concussion history it would be a gamble

and I would trade Chara during the off season ...

major remodeling of the team ...if we do not win the Stanley Cup we need to shake things around ..build ourselves a new identity ...get some impact players with the $$$ we would save on Chara, Horton , Jagr ...

I would also try to trade Peverley and maybe Lucic ...I would see a. Blockbuster trade involving Chara, Lucic, Peverley with Anaheim or even Carolina ( I would love Eric Staal in Boston) or even Columbus ..there are a few very interesting players on that team

of course we have to release players like Thornton and Pandolfo (2 useless players) 

ps to PC : if you need my expertise after this season I am one phone call away...with the core that we have right now we need to win 2 more Stanley Cups minimum before 2020

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Stan your kidding right ?

Theres no major remodeling here, I see this team using elc to fill in the voids for next year.

to answer the question either or would suit me, both i think are playoff surprises that bring a big threat.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

We probably won't resign either, but I'd much rather have Jagr. Horton has some goals, but is too slow. He's having problems making some really simple passes, much like the other winger on that line.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Keeping it simple:

Horton/Jagr goal comparisons this year.  

Horton is younger.

Horton signs a similar/short term contract.

Horton had a concussion.  Bergeron took two years to recover.

Horton scored timely goals in the last Cup run.

Horton in Boston is not the Horton in Florida.  

Jagr is no Recchi, Recchi's contract was on the cheap.

Jagr does float in long regular seasons.  

The playoffs will undoubtedly provide the answer on the value of Jagr.

A quick answer to the thread topic: Horton

An answer like neither maybe a factor.  Many teams are going to be looking to unload unproductive players ie. Clowe.  Those same teams may take a risk on Peverly as a second line center.  "Need based trade with $ a wash" will be more than likely this summer.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

San dawgy dog,

im going with jag.  

As long as you wear those pajamas you can all me san dawgdy dog. Don't you go changing for anyone LoL

@Wally "Shirley you must be joking ?" Stanley never kids on BDC, always has his and the Bruins best interests...always.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's comment:

I wouldnt sign Jagr ..he will be 42 ...I think he can help the Bruins for this year's playoffs but that will be the end of the road for him with the B's

I wouldnt sign Horton even if I love the guy ..he can score so many important goals...but with his concussion history it would be a gamble

and I would trade Chara during the off season ...

major remodeling of the team ...if we do not win the Stanley Cup we need to shake things around ..build ourselves a new identity ...get some impact players with the $$$ we would save on Chara, Horton , Jagr ...

I would also try to trade Peverley and maybe Lucic ...I would see a. Blockbuster trade involving Chara, Lucic, Peverley with Anaheim or even Carolina ( I would love Eric Staal in Boston) or even Columbus ..there are a few very interesting players on that team

of course we have to release players like Thornton and Pandolfo (2 useless players) 

ps to PC : if you need my expertise after this season I am one phone call away...with the core that we have right now we need to win 2 more Stanley Cups minimum before 2020

a. please don't put your number on the board. b. that is so horrible absurd i don't even want to think about it. c. what are you talking about with the core? you want to trade away the core

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Stanley, the only team to win two Cups since the previous lockout is... oh, right, no one. You don't blow-up a highly competitive team, curently 4th place in the league, two years removed from a Cup just because you don't win another. Some retooling, maybe, but you maintin the identity and you sure as heck don't trade your captain.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

San, you keep on saying that Peverley will not be here next year in your hypothetical scenarios. 

What makes you so certain?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Peverley has as many points as Jagr in the last couple of games....

He has only six fewer points than Horton now despite playing the majority of his games with Kelly, who has been a black hole all year, Pandawful, Caron, Bourque....  Horton has been the #1 RW beside DK since game 1 and so he plays about 1:45 more per game than Peverley.  Peverley has 1 PPG.  Horton, 0.  Horton plays about :40 more per game on the PP.  Horton never sees the PK.  Peverley sees almost 2 min/game on the PK.  He's also a 58% faceoff guy.

When Horton was healthy, and playing a physical game, that would have been a huge mark in the ledger for him.  He's not, he hasn't been, so it's not.  I'm inclined to say keep Peverley before you attempt to resign Horton.  Jagr, well...we'll see.  He's fun to have around, but what's he worth risking over a full year?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

okay stanley, sigh, i'll bite. who would you trade chara for?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

Eric Staal 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

Eric Staal 

okay. let's pretend for a brief second carolina would trade their 28 year old franchise center for a 36 year old d man. So now you don't have a number one d man. and at center for the present you have Campbell, Kelly, Krejci, Bergeron, Staal. and for the near future, Seguin, Spooner, and Khokhlachev. why would you do this again? if you're going to be the GM you can't just think value for value (and you havent' even done taht here) but team needs. why are you looking at centers?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

And why would a) he agree to a trade b) Chara agree to a trade c) how do we replace Chara's presence on defence d)Canes replace Staal's offence and e) why the heck is this a good idea AT ALL?

It's like a kid saying "I wanna pony" but it would not happen.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

To get big ..you have to give big...

Again ...if we cant make it to the Stanley Cup final we have to rebuild without blowing up the team as red was saying...because lets face it our offence sucks our PP sucks ..Chara is not getting any younger and the team is also suffering with all those concussions...I still have high hopes for these playoffs this year ....so lets see what will happen ...but I cannot tolerate to see the Bruins behind Montreal anymore ...enough is enough I know we are ahead this am ...but with the loss of March and Bergy....????

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

To get big ..you have to give big...

Again ...if we cant make it to the Stanley Cup final we have to rebuild without blowing up the team as red was saying...because lets face it our offence sucks our PP sucks ..Chara is not getting any younger and the team is also suffering with all those concussions...I still have high hopes for these playoffs this year ....so lets see what will happen ...but I cannot tolerate to see the Bruins behind Montreal anymore ...enough is enough I know we are ahead this am ...but with the loss of March and Bergy....????

first off, staal could get hurt too. second off. you didn't really address any of what i said. how do you deal with the logjam at center? do you trade bergeron? krejci?seguin? who do you pick up as your number 1 d man? who wants to give up a number 1 d man? and why does carolina want to do this trade?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from MDsizzle. Show MDsizzle's posts

Eric Staal 

After he and Jordan finally get to play on the same team, you think he will want this? Assuming he has a NTC.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

oh, and in case you missed it, the bruins are ahead of montreal in the standings

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

7 teams have more goals per game than the Bs, I wouldn't say our offense sucks just because we don't have one dominant scorer.

Get off the ledge Stanley and grab your pom poms again.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

In response to nrguy's comment:

7 teams have more goals per game than the Bs, I wouldn't say our offense sucks just because we don't have one dominant scorer.

Get off the ledge Stanley and grab your pom poms again.

I also prefer pom pom Stanley.