re-sign ryder

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

re-sign ryder

alright, i may be jumping the gun a little. those two goals put quite the shine on the turd that was the regular season. i have been very critical of ryder and his lack of effort, WAITING for the ryder playoff magic. ta dah. give him whatever he wants. LOL

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

Re: re-sign ryder

Overall, did Ryder play better last night?  I mean I know he finished when given the opportunity, but did he hustle more.  Was he difficult to play against.  I noticed him cycling but that wasn't unseen in the previous three games.  I haven't noticed him defensively in any game, which is good and bad.  I certainly feel that if Seguin were playing his minutes we would have noticed him at least a couple times a game for the wrong reasons defensively.  I guess I was wondering after the win last night, "did intelligent fans see a better game all around from him last night, or did he just finish the opportunities he hasn't been finishing"?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

Ryder is necessary. Sure he doesn't always hustle in the regular season but he's a gamer in the playoffs. You can't teach goalscoring skill and he has that.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

True, he was a shining start last night, but I still don't like him for all the reasons I mentioned in the past.

In particular, he and Joe Thornton are the 2 guys who give the appearance of playing more like they don't care more than any other player I've ever seen.

Yes, you can bury me with stats to show that's not true, but it almost always looks to me like they just aren't trying and just don't care.

It's not what I like to watch.

It's not entertaining for me, except when they pot those big goals of course, but it just seems like those big goals are so far and few between.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 40YrsNoCup. Show 40YrsNoCup's posts

Are you people nuts? Never seen a more reactionary group in my life.It sounds like the Bruins are a game away from advancing to the Cup Finals. Great to see Ryder finally come through last night but the guy is a stiff. I'm thrilled the corpse with skates and his $4 million are out of town next season and hopefully whatever GM is in charge can make a decent signing with the money.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

In Response to Re: re-sign ryder:
    [QUOTE]Are you people nuts? Never seen a more reactionary group in my life.It sounds like the Bruins are a game away from advancing to the Cup Finals. Great to see Ryder finally come through last night but the guy is a stiff. I'm thrilled the corpse with skates and his $4 million are out of town next season and hopefully whatever GM is in charge can make a decent signing with the money.
    Posted by 40YrsNoCup[/QUOTE]

Well what did you see.  From a nonreactionary point of view?  Was Ryder better last night all around, or did he just finish better? 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Hooray for Ryder, a couple of clutch goals when the team really needed!  I hope this "finish" continues and helps him secure another high-priced contract with another team.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 40YrsNoCup. Show 40YrsNoCup's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: re-sign ryder : Well what did you see.  From a nonreactionary point of view?  Was Ryder better last night all around, or did he just finish better? 
    Posted by RickyHussle[/QUOTE]

He finished better he only had 2 shots on goal, he was a little more active around the net which led to Kellys goal but all in all he had a good game. I dont think 1 good game reguardless of how big a game it was should make up for the last 30 invisible ones.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bridgemanusa. Show bridgemanusa's posts

[QUOTE]Are you people nuts? Never seen a more reactionary group in my life
    Posted by 40YrsNoCup[/QUOTE]

From a non-reactionary poster (go ahead, check my history) I say yes, resign Ryder at 2.5/2 years, but not a penny more. He is streaky but name me a plyer on this team that is NOT. (queue the crickets)

Let me guess, were you one of those whining for Seguin to be in the lineup last night? Seguin will be a star someday but to dump him into the caldren called Bruins/Scabs playoff hockey is  WRONG when you have Veterans  that have

a) years of playoff experience and
    b) better numbers than Seguin

Playoffs are not for "learning" and until Seguin learns to bring it every night like Marchand does then as a rookie he will be getting splinters. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: re-sign ryder : Well what did you see.  From a nonreactionary point of view?  Was Ryder better last night all around, or did he just finish better? 

I think he's saying 'it's about time' and that he wouldn't resign him for next year.

I would tend to agree.  And I'd like to see them sign a better player\sniper for his money plus probably a few buck more.  But then, the FA market is tight this summer.

Richards would be so sweet, but practically every team in the league will be after him.

Altho Ryder came up with some clutch goals, there were 2 plays I really didn't like, they were kind of slo-mo stickhandling moves around the goal that just didn't cut it and they had all the appearance in the world of someone trying something out during drills in practice.  That is what maddens me to death about Ryder.

But he did score 2 clutch goals last night, and he came up big.

He's a big tease in a certain sense, he comes up big and the disappears.  Or in this case he was invisible and then appeared.

We've seen it before, the Ryder we saw last night isn't here to stay.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: re-sign ryder : I think he's saying 'it's about time' and that he wouldn't resign him for next year. I would tend to agree.  And I'd like to see them sign a better player\sniper for his money plus probably a few buck more.  But then, the FA market is tight this summer. Richards would be so sweet, but practically every team in the league will be after him. Altho Ryder came up with some clutch goals, there were 2 plays I really didn't like, they were kind of slo-mo stickhandling moves around the goal that just didn't cut it and they had all the appearance in the world of someone trying something out during drills in practice.  That is what maddens me to death about Ryder. But he did score 2 clutch goals last night, and he came up big. He's a big tease in a certain sense, he comes up big and the disappears.  Or in this case he was invisible and then appeared. We've seen it before, the Ryder we saw last night isn't here to stay.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

Ryder at a SUPER discount would be the right thing for Ryder to do, altho we probably won't see that.

It would be so refreshing to see a player say 'hey, I didn't earn my money last contract, I'll give you guys a super deal this time.'  Ryder at 1 mil per year for 2 years, add up his 4 years and 4 mil and divide and that comes to about 2.5 per year and is that fair?

I say just barely.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

LOL  well at least not for dough he making. Less than half that.
    He's gotten a lot of bad publicity and don't think he can go fetch a contract over 3m.
    Maybe he really likes Boston and will be willing to stay on with a home town discount.
    He'll make your 3rd and 4th line better.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

No!, No!, No!

Not till I see Glyder's effort in the 2nd round that is what I have issue with...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

do not re-sign him, just benefit from him playing for a contract...let someone else give him money then wonder whats wrong with him..

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonguy67. Show bostonguy67's posts

At a significant haircut in salary?  Quite possibly.  He's one of the few finishers that they have on the squad.

Right now I'm more concerned about the other $4 million players on the roster who need to produce for them to advance deep in the playoffs.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ed121501. Show ed121501's posts

I'm wondering if anyone signs this guy next year. If that is the case then Ryder may be the next Miro Satan: The guy you bring in at the end of the year for scoring help at the league minimum.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

[QUOTE]Ryder is necessary. Sure he doesn't always hustle in the regular season but he's a gamer in the playoffs. You can't teach goalscoring skill and he has that.
    Posted by OrrEspoCash[/QUOTE]
    Glad he was there last night but he has to be gone after this year.  Not enough good to put up with all that bad.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SmokingJoe. Show SmokingJoe's posts

He is too "streaky" to sign him to another $4M per year contract, however, I would mind him haveing a nice 3-4 week streak right now to catapult us through the playoffs.....

Longer term, I am still not totally sold on ryder, but a good playoff will certainly increase his market value....

IF the B's bring him back, it has to be in the $2M range.... and the coach has to be willing to sit him, when he starts floating, like CJ did late in the year....

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: re-sign ryder : I think he's saying 'it's about time' and that he wouldn't resign him for next year. I would tend to agree.  And I'd like to see them sign a better player\sniper for his money plus probably a few buck more.  But then, the FA market is tight this summer. Richards would be so sweet, but practically every team in the league will be after him. Altho Ryder came up with some clutch goals, there were 2 plays I really didn't like, they were kind of slo-mo stickhandling moves around the goal that just didn't cut it and they had all the appearance in the world of someone trying something out during drills in practice.  That is what maddens me to death about Ryder. But he did score 2 clutch goals last night, and he came up big. He's a big tease in a certain sense, he comes up big and the disappears.  Or in this case he was invisible and then appeared. We've seen it before, the Ryder we saw last night isn't here to stay.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

Yes, I understand what 40 yrs is saying.  I am trying to ask a tangential question which I did not think was worthy of another post.  The question is not just for 40 or any particular type of fan (negative, positive, reactionary).  I just want to know if people saw a different game out of Ryder last night then in the first three games of the series.  From my point of view, the biggest difference in this lines play has been the addition of Chris Kelly in the offensive zone.  It seemed in the first couple games and really since the trade, when he was on the ice the Bruins weer playing with 3-dmen and 2 wings.  I don't find that to be effective, even for a third line.  I have not noticed much change in Ryder, he cycled last night, but he's never been afraid to do that.  He finished last night, twice, and that is the only difference I truly noticed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

Offer 1 year, $2 million. At that price he's got significant value (good for at least 15-20 goals, if not the 25+ he's getting paid for now). However, he's worth no more to us than what they paid Wheeler ($2.2?) so if he wants more, let him test the market. Also, with young guys coming up, we hopefully won't need him for very much longer.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beorach. Show Beorach's posts

In Response to re-sign ryder:
    [QUOTE]alright, i may be jumping the gun a little. those two goals put quite the shine on the turd that was the regular season. i have been very critical of ryder and his lack of effort, WAITING for the ryder playoff magic. ta dah. give him whatever he wants. LOL
    Posted by adkbeesfan[/QUOTE]
    The Newfie is certainly polarizing but he's no Blake Wheeler, at least.  I'll remain a fan of his so long as he's wearing the spoked "B" even if I'd like to see him do more with his size...  We aren't exactly loaded with scorers after all.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: re-sign ryder : Yes, I understand what 40 yrs is saying.  I am trying to ask a tangential question which I did not think was worthy of another post.  The question is not just for 40 or any particular type of fan (negative, positive, reactionary).  I just want to know if people saw a different game out of Ryder last night then in the first three games of the series.  From my point of view, the biggest difference in this lines play has been the addition of Chris Kelly in the offensive zone.  It seemed in the first couple games and really since the trade, when he was on the ice the Bruins weer playing with 3-dmen and 2 wings.  I don't find that to be effective, even for a third line.  I have not noticed much change in Ryder, he cycled last night, but he's never been afraid to do that.  He finished last night, twice, and that is the only difference I truly noticed.

oh, ok, yes, I agree with you 100% on that, he did what he always does and it just so happened that he finished.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49thparallel. Show 49thparallel's posts

6 goals in 8 playoff games against the Habs has to count for something. But if they resign Glyder, that leaves one less spot for a youngster - Caron, Seguin etc.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mb30. Show mb30's posts

Obviously he isn't worth $4 million a year throughout the season, but his efforts last night may have saved the season for us.   He should be resigned, but at a more cap-friendly hit.