Really BDC? Bleacher Report Links? Really?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Really BDC? Bleacher Report Links? Really?

What a joke.  Dollars to donuts this is the first step to BDC unloading the on-line forums.

"Dollars to donuts...".  Remember when a donut didn't cost the better part of a dollar?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Re: Really BDC? Bleacher Report Links? Really?

where?  what?

I didn't see any 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

and if bdc is going to unload these forums, I'd sure be interested in knowing where everyone is going instead.  hopefully a better world with fewer trolls.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

BR is "written" by 12 year olds with crayons. Unbelievable.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Hope it is not true, if it is I will stop altogether including my subscription to bdc. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://bostonglobe.com/sports/2012/08/04/sunhoc/rNnYsEacctQHjeUQz5JFLJ/story.html

Book are you talking about having to pay to read Sunday Notes eventually ? I haven't seen any links to bleacher report and I would go there either.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

'Dog, BadHab - on the Bruins front page, right above the list of six "active" Bruins threads, I scrolled past about a dozen ridiculous BR links that had clearly been regularized with the rest of the BDC Bruins home page.

And yeah, I'm thinking it continues a pattern, but whereas I have no issue with them deciding to make content not widely available (columns as opposed to game summaries) subscriber-only, ditching the forums is the kind of dumping all non-essential cargo a sinking ship might do. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

The only thing I can think of is delivery subscriptions are down but trying to offload us to bleacher report is a terrible move. I have bought from travel deals off here and trying to get me to go to a lame place like BR would stop me from clicking around BDC for sure.

Edit: Or BDC is getting money from BR to get more crazy fanatics over to their lame sight :shouldershrug

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Now I see.

Yikes.  BR is where null publishes his articles.

For the longest time I didn't know what BR was all about, then I read some of it and understood why.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

In Response to Re: Really BDC? Bleacher Report Links? Really?:
    [QUOTE]Now I see. Yikes.  BR is where null publishes his articles. For the longest time I didn't know what BR was all about, then I read some of it and understood why.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

Even that clown is more intelligent than the Bleacher Report 30 minutes or less list making staff.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

Yikes! The descent into Hell is just about complete.
    I think back and I used to love this place, but we're like crime, we don't pay...so therefore we get the shaft. It bums me out, I've gotten my hockey talk here for 7-8 years now. The day I get directed to Bleacher report is the day I'll say Sayonara. I don't care who had the 10 coolest Bruins hairdo's.

"Where have you gone Medford Mickey? Our nation turns it's lonely eyes to you..."

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Wow.  just wow.  I looked at one of their articles.

10 most valuable Bruins, and they started out with Thornton.  Next!  100% loss of credibility on that one.

One more try.  50 all time greats who would struggle in today's NHL.  OK, title was lame enough and (shocked face) so the first 3 guys they said couldn't skate well enough or fast enough or were big enough (puzzled face - really?!).  Then at #47 they mention the immortal "Shorty" Green who at 152 lbs would find it impossible to be in today's NHL.

Shorty Green!  I mean... the guy had 4 years in the NHL 1923-27!  That's better than 99.9% of everyone who ever put on a pair of skates in their life.  He had 18 goals in 28 games one season!

I think I would have lost less brain cells if I read a Commie Contrarian post.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Ted Turner just bought BR. does that mean he might buy the Globe ?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

Anyone who disses the content here, need only read the 5 BR pieces in their entirety.  The most casual hockey observer could contribute more.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dirt Clod Jams. Show Dirt Clod Jams's posts

This is an effn embarrassment to have on this site...

Yes this article really tries to explain why the Bruins should not trade for Luongo...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Steve Silverman personifies the total failure of that site.

Click this:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1286434-nhl-free-agency-7-teams-with-no-hope-of-contending-without-a-big-signing/page/3

Now this:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1289324-8-under-the-radar-nhl-teams-ready-to-make-a-run-for-the-stanley-cup/page/3

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Another example why the belcher report is bogus as Spector is a big Habs fan:

THE BLEACHER REPORT: James Battle suggests “Rather than risk P.K. Subban going out and signing a huge offer sheet with another team, it may be a smart move for the Canadiens to deal the 23-year-old defenseman and get some valuable pieces in return.” Adam Rickert, meanwhile, suggests it might not be a bad idea for the Nashville Predators to pursue Jay Bouwmeester.

SPECTOR’S NOTE: Subban’s already said he’s not interested in signing with another team. Even if he were, the Habs would quickly match. If the Habs were so inclined to trade Subban, the last place – the very last place – they would trade him is Toronto. Besides, the Leafs desperately need a quality starting goalie and a first line center. They don’t need Subban. Rickert, meanwhile, makes a decent case for the Predators to pursue Bouwmeester, but I have my doubts now the Flames want to part with “Jay-Bo”, plus he’s got that ‘no-trade” clause and might not be keen to go to Nashville.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

<facepalm>

Having those links are just embarrassing. I'd rather go to ESPN for hockey coverage than the BR. Seriously.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Saw a BR listing of stories yesterday... OMG the writing is 7th grade level and the hockey analysis is Stanley-esque.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]Saw a BR listing of stories yesterday... OMG the writing is 7th grade level and the hockey analysis is Stanley-esque.
    Posted by SoxFanInIL[/QUOTE]

I think the hockey analysis is 7th grade and the writing has been corrected several times by the English teacher.

Don't know, but maybe the othe sports are covered better, but the hockey is atrocious on BR

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Really BDC? Bleacher Report Links? Really? : I think the hockey analysis is 7th grade and the writing has been corrected several times by the English teacher. Don't know, but maybe the othe sports are covered better, but the hockey is atrocious on BR
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

OK, I'll take this analysis.

The articles sound like those high school pieces the local paper runs every Friday to encourage kids to write.  Except, not written quite as well.

What is the Globe thinking?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Really BDC? Bleacher Report Links? Really? :

What is the Globe thinking?

Posted by SoxFanInIL[/QUOTE]

Turner just purchased BR last week.  A part of Time Warner is digital advertising.  There are probably many layers to the deal.

http://adage.com/article/media/turner-bought-bleacher-report/236547/