recchi taking heat off chara

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from StJohnsbruinsfan. Show StJohnsbruinsfan's posts

recchi taking heat off chara

What a great team guy. Takes a lot of the heat from chara and places it on himself. 

Mark Recchi on the reaction to his recent comments

"Well I have to be honest with you guys. I wanted to take the heat off Zee [Zdeno Chara] for a day and I’m a big boy. And I think anyone who knows me, knows that I have great respect for the Montreal organization, I played five years there. I have great respect for Doctor [David] Mulder, the medical staff there. I had a great five years there. I took the pressure off of Zee. In twenty-two years, I’ve respected all my teammates, all the players I play against. My record has shown that. For twenty-two years, I took the pressure off of Zee for one day, I’m a big boy, I can handle it. I have nothing but great things to say about the Montreal organization, I had five great years there. And it’s still an unfortunate situation it all happened. We all hope Max [Pacioretty] gets a full recovery here soon and we know he’s well on his way. And like I said, this is something that I believe in twenty-two years I’ve been very respectful to players and opponents throughout. So that should be the end of it really."

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikzor. Show mikzor's posts

Re: recchi taking heat off chara

Recchi is just an A+ guy. Cant say enough good things about a guy like that.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

I think he also called the whole Pacioretty scene accurately, on top of showing his leadership by shifting the heat from Chara.  Moments like this can galvanize a good team into a dangerous one - I'm hoping so.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

I only have a problem with the fact he said it soley to take the heat off Z. I happen to think he ment what he said and thats what manny are saying about max and the habs in the B's locker room. But kudos to Rex non the less for takeing one for the team. IMO he may not have the C but hes the captn of this team.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from StJohnsbruinsfan. Show StJohnsbruinsfan's posts

In Response to Re: recchi taking heat off chara:
    [QUOTE]I only have a problem with the fact he said it soley to take the heat off Z. I happen to think he ment what he said and thats what manny are saying about max and the habs in the B's locker room. But kudos to Rex non the less for takeing one for the team. IMO he may not have the C but hes the captn of this team.
    Posted by LUCICmilan17[/QUOTE]

He seemed to be sincere when he said it on the radio interview. But the fact that he said it on the radio for all the habs to hear was solely to take the heat from Chara. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Not so sure. I think he said it and meant it which was fine but I get the feeling when someone asked him he did it to take the heat off of Chara he "yeah,yeah thats why I said it" and kind of backtracked a bit today.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Backtracking isn't impressive at all.  You said it.  Stand by it.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

[QUOTE]Backtracking isn't impressive at all.  You said it.  Stand by it.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]
    Do you know Recchi? How do you know he was backtracking? He could have easily said these things to accomplish just what he did. Not saying he did but I am saying we have no idea what Rex was thinking. I take the guy at his word by looking at his career and the type of person he has portrayed himself as.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

I don't think Zee needed any help... his game has only improved since the Max hit. Rex is a stand up guy nonetheless.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: recchi taking heat off chara : Do you know Recchi? How do you know he was backtracking? He could have easily said these things to accomplish just what he did. Not saying he did but I am saying we have no idea what Rex was thinking. I take the guy at his word by looking at his career and the type of person he has portrayed himself as.
    Posted by callodthedom19[/QUOTE]

Well if you take Rex at his word, his words were alot different today than they we yesterday.Yesterday he stated the organization lied about the injury..Today he said he has all the respect in the world for them.Sound to me he doesn't like the heat on himself. If he said it to back up Chara, fine, but don't backtrack.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

I thought Rex said they "embellished" the extent of the injury... And given that it was reported as a severe concussion and fractured vertebrae but now being reported he may return for the playoffs, I'd say it is fair to claim some "embellishment."

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

Whatever Recchi's motivation for his comments, it appears to have worked.  The Canadiens played like a demoralized team.  Maybe many on the team thought that management embellished the injury just like Recchi said, and were not proud of that fact.  They certainly didn't play like a proud team the other night.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from brandonboys1. Show brandonboys1's posts

Yeah, that was my issue 2. If ur saying it to take heat off Z, then just do it. I've never seen a player announce their motivations? That was weird for me. Stand by what u said, especially if the entire locker room feels that way. When u change ur comments the next day, it seems like ur trying to take heat off urself? The hit by Chara was clean, hard , and unfortunate.