Recchi: Top Game 1 TOI Among B's Forwards???

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Recchi: Top Game 1 TOI Among B's Forwards???

This make sense to anyone?  Did he make his presence known tonight?  I'll chalk it up to special team play, but 20:02 is a ton of hockey (3rd on the team after Chara/Seidenberg) for a guy that didn't seem to do much in the game.

B's Forwards TOI
    Recchi- 20:02
    Krejci- 18:43
    Marchand- 17:47
    Kelly- 16:55
    Lucic- 16:40
    Horton- 16:31
    Peverley- 13:58
    Campbell- 13:19
    Ryder- 11:55
    Seguin- 9:38
    Paille- 9:33
    Thornton- 8:29

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Re: Recchi: Top Game 1 TOI Among B's Forwards???

The TOI numbers surprised me too.  I thought the Krejci line had very good pressure throughout the game, so to see Recchi log 3 minutes more than Lucic and Horton was curious to me.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

I'v been saying that Recchi is slowing down the second line.  Seguin should be the one playing on that line especially when Bergy comes back.  Recchi should play the minutes that a guy his age should play!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Recchi got some PK time, that's probably why is TOI is highest

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

Recchi has rocks in his skates... not the type of guy you want to see on the ice that much vs a fast team like Tampa.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Recchi: Top Game 1 TOI Among B's Forwards???:
    [QUOTE]I'v been saying that Recchi is slowing down the second line.  Seguin should be the one playing on that line especially when Bergy comes back.  Recchi should play the minutes that a guy his age should play!!
    Posted by lucaooo[/QUOTE]

Recchi is slowing down the second line with Bergeron (leads the team in points) and Marchand (second on the team in points)?

I can't remember the last time I thought, "Wow, Recchi got burned on that one" or thinking, "A faster winger might have gotten that one."  People look at Recchi's age and judge him.  Try judging him by his play.

Can you point to any mistakes or errors that might have been made due to the year printed on his birth certificate?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

Recchi was on PK several shifts, which added to his TOI.   Baffling.  Isn't PK for skaters with speed and jump?  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]Recchi was on PK several shifts, which added to his TOI.   Baffling.  Isn't PK for skaters with speed and jump?  
    Posted by CarolinaClamMan[/QUOTE]

He only played 2:14 on the PK.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Recchi: Top Game 1 TOI Among B's Forwards??? : He only played 2:14 on the PK.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]
    That was 2nd highest total of any Bruins forward.
    Oh yeah, it seems like a no-brainer to add MON3AL11 to your list.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

Peeps who understand the game know that Recchi is too slow to play vs teams like the Habs and Tampa.  He was ok vs Philly.  Add Seguin speed to that line and you will see how good they will be!! 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kevio19. Show kevio19's posts

[QUOTE]Peeps who understand the game know that Recchi is too slow to play vs teams like the Habs and Tampa.  He was ok vs Philly.  Add Seguin speed to that line and you will see how good they will be!! 

I agree. He might not make many mistakes, but offensively he doesn't create anything. Stands in front of the net sometimes thats about it. His only useful role is on a checking line

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

This is a stupid and condescending statement  Recchi has been excellent, his line has been excellent and productive.  To the best of my knowledge, peeps who know the game understand this.  They also know that there is no guideline that says people of a certain age get a certain amount of minutes in a hockey game.  Apparently you are not among the peeps that undertand the game, and are one of those who look at age and from that determine contribution level.

[QUOTE]Peeps who understand the game know that Recchi is too slow to play vs teams like the Habs and Tampa.  He was ok vs Philly.  Add Seguin speed to that line and you will see how good they will be!! 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

[QUOTE]This is a stupid and condescending statement  Recchi has been excellent, his line has been excellent and productive.  To the best of my knowledge, peeps who know the game understand this.  They also know that there is no guideline that says people of a certain age get a certain amount of minutes in a hockey game.  Apparently you are not among the peeps that undertand the game, and are one of those who look at age and from that determine contribution level. In Response to Re: Recchi: Top Game 1 TOI Among B's Forwards??? :
    Posted by OatesCam[/QUOTE]

Yeah another TT lover has such credibility.  In MTL they still are laughing at the fact that Recchi is having so much ice time.  I don't know which channel you watch but CBC TSN NBC it has been brought up by everyone.  I think those peeps know more about hockey than you do!!
        Recchi was suppose to be there because of his experience.  Has his experience made a difference in the last 2 years game seven situations.  I don't think so.  Marchand and Bergy pretty much are carrying Recchi on their shoulders. They can't wait for him to retire!!  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

You failed to respond to what N-a-S said and did not point out the mistakes he makes or how he is holding the line back.  You simply repeated yourself, said he is slow and then used upper case letters.  I'm not sure how you proved your point.

[QUOTE]Look, if you cant even see that he is way slower than everybody else then you wont understand what kind of mistakes he is making if i tell you. He is the slowest guy on the ice. PERIOD. Yes, he knows everything about every situation and where to be the only problem is is that he cant get to where that is on time anymore. Some games he does. Not lately though (win or lose). Bergeron and Marchand were doing what they were doing without much help from him and they would have more points if he did not kill plays. PLAIN AND SIMPLE HE SHOULD NOT LEAD THIS TEAM IN ICE TIME OR BE ON THE PK (a joke).. and the only person who would put him there is Claude Julian and YOU!    In Response to Re: Recchi: Top Game 1 TOI Among B's Forwards??? :
    Posted by ryder73[/QUOTE]

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

If they are laughing in Montreal, it must be something along the lines of 'Haha, Mark Recchi is old but he beat us!  Haha, that's hilarious!'  Marchand absolutely loves playing with Recchi and does not want him to retire.  He gives him the most credit of any Bruin for his success this year.  The people on TV may or may not know more about hockey than I do, you have no idea what my background is.  The guys on TV are on there not to devise winning hockey strategy, but to entertain the audience.  Most of the audience does not have an advanced level of hockey understanding. So when they say 'Recchi's old!', someone like yourself can relate to that and say 'Yeah, Recchi's old, I understand that.  He must be slow and sucky!  Kelly Hrudey said so!'  Look, you think Recchi is old and slow.  I think he is outstanding in his positioning, solid as a rock on skates, seldom loses a puck battle in the corners, makes smart, skilled plays with the puck and is a good shooter.  Statistics indicate I'm right as his line has enjoyed great success, but regardless there is no need to be rude about it.  You have your opinion, I have mine, why don't we stick to discussing actual results, plays, events that happened in a game and not saying something rude and baseless questioning the other's inteligence and hockey knowledge.

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Recchi: Top Game 1 TOI Among B's Forwards??? :    Yeah another TT lover has such credibility.  In MTL they still are laughing at the fact that Recchi is having so much ice time.  I don't know which channel you watch but CBC TSN NBC it has been brought up by everyone.  I think those peeps know more about hockey than you do!!     Recchi was suppose to be there because of his experience.  Has his experience made a difference in the last 2 years game seven situations.  I don't think so.  Marchand and Bergy pretty much are carrying Recchi on their shoulders. They can't wait for him to retire!!    

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Recchi makes up for his slower speed with great play recognition and positioning. I don't think I ever see him in a bad position. Without proper positioning and play recognition, there would be plenty of GA for that line.

Sorry, the "I think Seguin should play over Recchi (or insert any other player) because he's faster" argument is as simple minded as you can get.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadianfan6. Show Canadianfan6's posts

IWhat does that say about CJ???   n Response to Recchi: Top Game 1 TOI Among B's Forwards???:
    [QUOTE]This make sense to anyone?  Did he make his presence known tonight?  I'll chalk it up to special team play, but 20:02 is a ton of hockey (3rd on the team after Chara/Seidenberg) for a guy that didn't seem to do much in the game. B's Forwards TOI Recchi- 20:02 Krejci- 18:43 Marchand- 17:47 Kelly- 16:55 Lucic- 16:40 Horton- 16:31 Peverley- 13:58 Campbell- 13:19 Ryder- 11:55 Seguin- 9:38 Paille- 9:33 Thornton- 8:29
    Posted by Crowls2424[/QUOTE]

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

Where are you punks who where saying that Seguin should not replace Recchi with Marchand and Bergy with his speed.  Are you convinced now!  I was right once again!!  What is slow feet Recchi doing tonight against a fast team!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbadbruinsfan. Show bigbadbruinsfan's posts

no doubt rex should sit and play seguin with 2nd line

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

Very quiet!!