Redden to Bruins

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from misterpaulo. Show misterpaulo's posts

Redden to Bruins

A source (laugh if you must) is telling me Hamiltons agent has confirmed Redden is signing with Boston.  Not sure how this impacts Hamilton.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Re: Redden to Bruins

I will believe it when I see it.  i see Pardy is on waivers.  

Redden is still my puck.   

bookBoy. You still sticking with the opinion that Gomez and redden are done?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Makes sense, PC saw first hand how good he was with Chara, and would allow Hamilton another year to develop, if this in fact would mean Hamilton is not on the team.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

I could see Redden getting a job, but Gomez averaged 0.29 points a game last year - even Caron had better numbers (0.3125). Maybe a one-year deal south of a million for this year to see if he can get his game back, but not much more.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to misterpaulo's comment:

A source (laugh if you must) is telling me Hamiltons agent has confirmed Redden is signing with Boston.  Not sure how this impacts Hamilton.

I must.  

Not because because anything about you, but because of the disasterous record of information from "inside sources" here at BDC.  The collective accuracy hovers around 1%.

Can't quite undertsand how this deal would work either -- any info on the financials?  Color me doubtful, but it would be interesting.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

To be fair, shupe, I said that when they looked to be sitting for the better part of two years between NHL games.

If I did, in a fit of dislike, say I didn't think the new buyout would matter much, then it looks like I'm going to be wrong on Redden, which makes some sense given the guys in 5-6 roles across the league.  Gomez, though?  I don't know.  He's not a guy you sign to play 3rd or 4th line minutes, and he hasn't scored enough to be a top 6 option for a while. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

If they do sign Redden, the Chara connection has to play a part.  For Hamilton, it means they'll use him the way they probably should this year - as a 7th D.  What it means for Johnson I don't know. 

It could mean they decide not to burn a contract year and send Hamilton to Niagara, but Chiarelli has been pretty open about his plan to keep Hamilton in Boston.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to red75's comment:

I could see Redden getting a job, but Gomez averaged 0.29 points a game last year - even Caron had better numbers. Maybe a one-year deal south of a million for this year to see if he can get his game back, but not much more.

he's 33, a 2 time cup champion from great systems.  No denying his brutal couple yrs but he still can skate is a good face off guy and plays both special teams.  With teams like Calgary and van weak at center I say he gets a deal.  Apparently Chicago has interest in Gomez as well.  

I say both get deals.   

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

To be fair, shupe, I said that when they looked to be sitting for the better part of two years between NHL games.

If I did, in a fit of dislike, say I didn't think the new buyout would matter much, then it looks like I'm going to be wrong on Redden, which makes some sense given the guys in 5-6 roles across the league.  Gomez, though?  I don't know.  He's not a guy you sign to play 3rd or 4th line minutes, and he hasn't scored enough to be a top 6 option for a while. 

I know it was before the new deal. I actually replied before it as well.  With teams weak up front I say he easily gets a deal.  He can play top 2 line minutes but I think a 3rd line center deal would be perfect. Look what Calgary and van have right now.  Gomez could easily slide in with tanguay and iggy.   It's a low risk on a guy with great hands, playmaker, face off guy and knows how to play a defensive system from his nj days.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

I know it was before the new deal. I actually replied before it as well.  With teams weak up front I say he easily gets a deal.  He can play top 2 line minutes but I think a 3rd line center deal would be perfect. Look what Calgary and van have right now.  Gomez could easily slide in with tanguay and iggy.   It's a low risk on a guy with great hands, playmaker, face off guy and knows how to play a defensive system from his nj days.  

I can see the Nucks especially roll the dice here for Gomez. They essentially have no second line due to injuries unless they want that unit "anchored" by Lapierre.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

I can see the Nucks especially roll the dice here for Gomez. They essentially have no second line due to injuries unless they want that unit "anchored" by Lapierre.

And he has cup experience.  I just think he had a rough couple yrs in Montreal who were terrible.  I still can't believe they gave up mcnonaugh for him.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

It could mean they decide not to burn a contract year and send Hamilton to Niagara, but Chiarelli has been pretty open about his plan to keep Hamilton in Boston.

He has Book and what will Hamilton learn another few months in a league he pretty much has domintaed offensivly ?

The only way he learns not to panic against a two man NHL forecheck is to put him out in it. Fail get yelled at by Julien on the bench REPEAT, start to learn form your mistakes. Fail REPEAT training and learn.

Redden should only be veteran insurance with Hamilton occasionaly up in the stands.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

Hamilton gets rid of his pull ups but not in a full time role.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://blogs.edmontonjournal.com/2013/01/17/edmonton-oilers-to-pursue-wade-redden-says-veteran-reporter/

Staples has a pretty good take on it...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

McQuaid is not 100% , Beers said he lost a lot of weight and on blood thinners. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

And he has cup experience.  I just think he had a rough couple yrs in Montreal who were terrible.  I still can't believe they gave up mcnonaugh for him.  

Yep, seems pretty lopsided now but at the time the Habs were getting a legit (if overpaid) top line center which they desperately needed for a prospect that had yet to show anything. So there was a certain logic to it in Gainey's perspective even though it carried a high amount of risk.

Hindsight can be a bi*ch!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Now this makes more sense. Team is need of a defenseman, could get him cheap. For Redden he could sign a one year deal on an up and coming team and cash in after. if I'm his agent I'd steer him north.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from misterpaulo. Show misterpaulo's posts

My source is close to the Ice Dog coaching staff.  Hamilton stays with B's regardless.  Redden appears to be pro insurance/stability.  If true, I like it.  My source likes to drink too so if its not true, I apologize for starting this scuttlebutt!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Is your source Chowdah?

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from misterpaulo. Show misterpaulo's posts

Is your source Chowdah?

No

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Is your source Chowdah?

Be careful, you're about to swim in shark infested waters again Dr. Freud.

Truth of the matter is ( no matter what you've read or think about me ) I'm averaging between 6-12 drinks per year. And no, not in one night while conversing with misterpaulo.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from misterpaulo. Show misterpaulo's posts

Also heard Elliott Freedman mention this as a possibility a few days ago (either on the Fan or HNIC podcast).

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to misterpaulo's comment:

Also heard Elliott Freedman mention this as a possibility a few days ago (either on the Fan or HNIC podcast).

Really ?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

Be careful, you're about to swim in shark infested waters again Dr. Freud.

Truth of the matter is ( no matter what you've read or think about me ) I'm averaging between 6-12 drinks per year. And no, not in one night while conversing with misterpaulo.

Had more to do with ribbing mr.p.   Have a drink and relax.