Remember good ol' Carl Soderberg...?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Al-Samarraie. Show Al-Samarraie's posts

Remember good ol' Carl Soderberg...?

According to a Swedish newspaper, Boston are trying to buy Carl Soderberg out of his contract in Sweden to come play for Boston this year.. http://bloggar.aftonbladet.se/sillyhockey/2013/01/bomben-soderberg-till-boston-nu/

For those of you who aren't fluent in Swedish, the article basically says that Boston have shown interest to get him, now, for $1,5 M. Carl claims he hasn's heard anything, his agent says he's heard murmurs and his club director says he wouldn't be able to leave for the NHL mid season anyway, "there are rules in place for that". Carl is currently on pace to smash the single season goal record of the Swedish Elit League set by Hakan Loob (old Calgary player) set in 1982/83.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Re: Remember good ol' Carl Soderberg...?

In response to Al-Samarraie's comment:

According to a Swedish newspaper, Boston are trying to buy Carl Soderberg out of his contract in Sweden to come play for Boston this year.. http://bloggar.aftonbladet.se/sillyhockey/2013/01/bomben-soderberg-till-boston-nu/

For those of you who aren't fluent in Swedish, the article basically says that Boston have shown interest to get him, now, for $1,5 M. Carl claims he hasn's heard anything, his agent says he's heard murmurs and his club director says he wouldn't be able to leave for the NHL mid season anyway, "there are rules in place for that". Carl is currently on pace to smash the single season goal record of the Swedish Elit League set by Hakan Loob (old Calgary player) set in 1982/83.

You mean the guy that would rather be a dentist than a hockey player in North America??? Yea, I heard of him.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

translated article

The bomb: Soderberg to Boston - now? Posted on  January 15, 2013 , at  16:20  | by  Sportbladet

A real bomb in silly blog: Carl Soderberg to Boston - now?

Yes, many sources say that Boston makes a serious attempt to recruit the elite series målkung to NHL - immediately.

The salary of Soderberg said to be $ 1.5 million for a full NHL season. But the main characters gives a different picture of Sportbladets news and information.

- No, I have not heard anything. But fun if they are interested. I only focus on Linkoping, says Carl Soderberg:

Have you received a bid of Boston?

- No, not that I know of.

Agent Peter Werner :

- We have not talked to Boston.

NHL scout Sven-Åke Svensson :

- Of course we want Carl. But that's not the middle of a season. We'll talk to him after the season.

Linköping club director Mike Helber :

- I've heard that Boston is at Carl. But we will not let him and he can not leave. Is there a set of rules that says you can not leave the premier league for the NHL in the middle of the season. There are all familiar with.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Looks like Carl has improved. 

1) He got promoted back up to the big league - he was in their equivalent of the AHL for a couple of years.

2) Now that he's in the premier league his numbers have improved.

Now having said all that, look at the leading scorer in that league

George "Bud" Holloway

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=74655&encode=TRUE

guy had 3 seasons in the AHL that weren't at all spectacular.

I would say the Swedish Elite League is the equivalent of the ECHL.

Chris Abbott who never even played in the AHL (college & echl only) also has 51 pts in that league.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=71391&encode=TRUE

Soderberg has 48 pts, so were generally talking the same player as the other 2 guys - an echl player.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

When the elusive Kaiser Soze or Yetiberg is skating in a PBruins uniform I will believe it. No way does Chiarelli just sign him then put him ahead of Spooner and KoKo on the center depth chart with what has happened in this situation.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Don't you envision Soderberg and Riendeau teaming up to form a dominant duo in the ECHL someday?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Adding Tyler Randell to anchor that line with Denis Reul and Yuri Alexandrov back on the blueline. You just might have an ECHL Championship...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Adding Tyler Randell to anchor that line with Denis Reul and Yuri Alexandrov back on the blueline. You just might have an ECHL Championship...

Now yer freakin punishing me.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Any day you can pass Haken Loob is a good day.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Soderberg's season ends on 3/5/13, the NHL roster freeze is April 3 so any player that is going to be on the roster has to be there by then. I hope he plays for Providence if he does come.