Remember the name Matt Fraser in this trade!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Re: Remember the name Matt Fraser in this trade!

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

[QUOTE]

Will he score 29 goals in a season or lead the team in scoring?

Eriksson can do that. [/QUOTE]

And has scored consistantly year in year out to prove it.

PS. Scotty Laughlin is going to have a field day tomorrow LoL

[/QUOTE]

LMAO! Oh yea. Scotty has huge man-crush for Eriksson. Can't wait to talk to him tomorrow! He just texted me; told me to make sure I call in to give my take on the trade. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

I certainly hope so otherwise I think this trade is a bust.  Seguin too much upside to give up on.  Maybe he was immature but that is easily fixed. 

Again, I think there's more to this trade and that's the free cap space.

I agree, I believe they sold low.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

Time will tell for the next couple of years.

And in the next few years after that?

This trade isn't a five year deal.  This is a now deal. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Fair assessment NAS.

So is this deal, as of now, an improvement roster-wise than pre-trade?

I would love to hear your input.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Fraser certainly has nice goal totals at the AHL level.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

So really PC needs to replace Horton and Seguin to assess the Bruins pre-trade. I believe Ericksson is a better right or left wing than Tyler. Louie will play on the top line.

At this moment Chiarelli hasn't replaced Peverley but has until October to do so. If Boston has Soderberg, Kelly and either Caron or Fraser or Spooner are the replacements for Peverley heading into camp I won't sulk becuase PC has the cap space now to make a trade.

This could all be moot if Chiarelli uses the money tomorrow for his Peverley replacement.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

So really PC needs to replace Horton and Seguin to assess the Bruins pre-trade. I believe Ericksson is a better right or left wing than Tyler. Louie will play on the top line.

At this moment Chiarelli hasn't replaced Peverley but has until October to do so. If Boston has Soderberg, Kelly and either Caron or Fraser or Spooner are the replacements for Peverley heading into camp I won't sulk becuase PC has the cap space now to make a trade.

This could all be moot if Chiarelli uses the money tomorrow for his Peverley replacement.

I figure he'll be on the second line - Marchand Bergeron Eriksson. That'd be the best two-way line in the league.

The fourth is basically set unless someone in the farm can bump ST.

Third will be Soderberg Kelly and ? (likely from within)

And I figure he'll use his cap space to sign Rask and get his first line RW, whether that be Clarkson, Iggy or a C who can play wing like Ribeiro

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

Morrow should be ready within a year or two no?

I'd figure he'll be in the lineup next season possibly - it comes down to which of the four youngsters does best at camp.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to red75's comment:

So really PC needs to replace Horton and Seguin to assess the Bruins pre-trade. I believe Ericksson is a better right or left wing than Tyler.

Louie will play on the top line.

I figure he'll be on the second line - Marchand Bergeron Eriksson. That'd be the best two-way line in the league.

And I figure he'll use his cap space to sign Rask and get his first line RW, whether that be Clarkson, Iggy or a C who can play wing like Ribeiro.[/QUOTE]

Seems to be the consensus that Louie is a better fit with Marchand-Bergeron.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from KWPatsFan. Show KWPatsFan's posts

Giving up on a 21 year old with the speed and release of Tyler for what we got in return?  This can only be a cap release for a signing of Rask and another top notch forward to slid into the top line.  I hope.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

In response to jmwalters' comment:

[QUOTE]

Time will tell for the next couple of years.

And in the next few years after that?

[/QUOTE]

and that Chiarelli's thinking, NOW !  Let's see what else is done with the freed up cap space.

I'm spoiled "now" and PC wants another crack at the cup "now"  and willing to mortgage part of the future.  I'll be happy if they win another cup within the next 3-4 years. Spoiled.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Cool piece on Matt Fraser.

http://thehockeywriters.com/matt-fraser-more-than-just-a-prospect/

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to Crowls2424's comment:

Cool piece on Matt Fraser.

http://thehockeywriters.com/matt-fraser-more-than-just-a-prospect/

"Fraser plays with a nasty edge, but he does, subtle though it may be."  And he can score.  Gotta love that.  From the time San posted the thread about him I've been intrigued.  This article just adds to it.  

It would seem Fraser performs like how we Bruin fans like our team's players; capable and aggressive.  (I'll leave the testosterone, pugnacity, truculence and belligerence to the TMLs.)  Thanks for posting, Crowls.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

http://www.hockeyprospectus.com/unfiltered/?p=358

Oh RHO, hockeysfuture is laime they barely update there site. Now hockeyprospectus ? They have their shiite together!

Reading that report, it does not seem there is much of a chance that either Fraser or Morrow achieve much success at the NHL level.

Reilly would seem to be the only hope. Again, I am just going by the report you supplied. I have not seen any of these players.

I still hate this trade.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to biggskye's comment:

http://www.hockeyprospectus.com/unfiltered/?p=358

Oh RHO, hockeysfuture is laime they barely update there site. Now hockeyprospectus ? They have their shiite together!

Reading that report, it does not seem there is much of a chance that either Fraser or Morrow achieve much success at the NHL level.

Reilly would seem to be the only hope. Again, I am just going by the report you supplied. I have not seen any of these players.

I still hate this trade.[/QUOTE]

Right nothing will change your mind becuase Seguin is gone. Not 37 goals in the AHL for Fraser (never translates) or all his goals in the WHL that he scored. Reilly Smith kept up with Parise and Toews in College as far as goals but there is only hope for him on the Bruins.

You already made up you mind like the Bruin fans that freaked out about the Kessel trade.

Keep the faith

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

Right nothing will change your mind becuase Seguin is gone. Not 37 goals in the AHL for Fraser (never translates) or all his goals in the WHL that he scored. Reilly Smith kept up with Parise and Toews in College as far as goals but there is only hope for him on the Bruins.

You already made up you mind like the Bruin fans that freaked out about the Kessel trade.

Keep the faith

[/QUOTE]
       What are you talking about? The trade is done, and I am only looking for the positives, that will make me feel better about it.

I'm sorry if I have trouble getting excited about Fraser, who was never drafted, was the Stars' 16th rated prospect, last year, and is considered very weak defensively, and is projected to be "an average NHL player". Not sure what average means, but it does not seem worth getting excited over.

The first thing I read about Joe Morrow? "Has struggled this year". Great. The only reason I like Morrow, is because Red has seen a lot of him, and seems to be excited about his chances, and I have a healthy respect for her knowledge of the game.

Of course, Stanley likes Morrow as well, so that has to be a mark against him.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from heyoo. Show heyoo's posts

Morrow is a future top four dman, I was pretty pumped when I saw his name in the deal. At first glance I was not a big fan of the trade, but with some research I found more and more to like about it. Seguin will be an elite player but at what cost I heard so many bad things about his partying that it made me change my mind about this trade. Heard he loves riding the white horse before the clubs. That alone is enough to warrant a trade let alone him showing up late and being a no show at team meetings and practices. Dumping pevs cap hit was a much needed relief from someone who was not producing, button was nothing to the bruins. Now on the flip side we got ericksson a top six consistent winger at his peak. Morrow a future top four dman, and Reilly and Fraser at least one possibly both could make the team at some point in a bottom 6 role. And the best of all we got cap relief... I'd say I like the trade

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

In response to biggskye's comment:

Keep the faith

What are you talking about? The trade is done, and I am only looking for the positives, that will make me feel better about it.

I'm sorry if I have trouble getting excited about Fraser, who was never drafted, was the Stars' 16th rated prospect, last year, and is considered very weak defensively, and is projected to be "an average NHL player". Not sure what average means, but it does not seem worth getting excited over.

The first thing I read about Joe Morrow? "Has struggled this year". Great. The only reason I like Morrow, is because Red has seen a lot of him, and seems to be excited about his chances, and I have a healthy respect for her knowledge of the game.

Of course, Stanley likes Morrow as well, so that has to be a mark against him.

[/QUOTE]

Well, that's one guy's read on it biggskye.  Even so, don't overlook the whole package of what the guy's saying.  On Morrow, the struggle this year has been with his defensive game.  Okay.  So - remember how we got Boychuk and McQuaid?  They were both second rounders in other organizations that gave up on them for that reason.  Go find some old prospect reports on Boychuk when he was in the Colorado organization.  The Bruins have done very well teaching players to play better defense within Julien's system.  The system is actually really good for making a guy who might have problems as a head's up defender a solid defensive player.

On Fraser, well, much the same story, right?  Whenever the Bruins draft a guy with a rep as a solid two-way player (Caron) rather than a guy with huge offensive upside, the cry always goes up that you can teach defense, not goal-scoring.  Fraser can score goals.  He's a shooter.  And that description sounds like what Horton was asked to do in Boston - strong on the walls, strong on the cycle, big, heavy shot to finish.  Everyone is projecting him as a third-line type talent, and, taking it for what it's worth (not much), HF has him as pretty much a lock to be a third-to-second line NHL player.

And hockeyprospectus has Smith as the best of the three in terms of potential vs. risk.

So - chin up.  The story of the Seguin trade is that a player has to be in the right situation to maximize his potential, and for these three, I think the Bruins system and development philosophy might make them more valuable to Boston than they were to Dallas.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Kirk Luedeke's Analysis on Matt Fraser:

Matt Fraser, RW — The Texas Stars franchise leader in goals with 70 in two seasons is a 6-foot-2 winger with competitive drive and a wicked shot. His skating is average, with a sluggish first few steps, but he has the hockey sense and hustle to work his way into prime scoring areas.  An undrafted free agent out of the Kootenay Ice of the WHL, he willed himself into the NHL (13 games with Dallas over two seasons) through sheer drive and determination. He was a fan favorite at the Cedar Park Center for his passion and ability to score big goals in the clutch. If he doesn’t make the big club out of camp, he makes an already good Providence team a hell of a lot better.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"is considered very weak defensively"

I'm very confident in Juliens coaching staff when it comes to teaching defense to forwards. Savard was considered to be worse on defesne when he came over and look at what Julien did with him.

Average ? I don't see how you can be considered just that and have that amount of offense on your stick. It took me about 3 shifts seeing Fraser in Austin to know why he was effective in the WHL and then the AHL.

Anywho Chiarelli and his scouting staff like Reilly and Fraser that is good enough for me. This trade will be scrutinized all next season that is for sure.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.