Report: Flyers sign Wayne Simmonds to six-year extension

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Report: Flyers sign Wayne Simmonds to six-year extension

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2012/08/15/report-flyers-sign-wayne-simmonds-to-six-year-extension/related/

Went from 14 goals to 28 real can't ask for much more from a good young player. Is the $4M per about right or a little high ? I'd say it's real good deal for Philly as I could see Wayne popping in 35 if he keeps the hard work up.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Re: Report: Flyers sign Wayne Simmonds to six-year extension

I don't see 35 from him... I could be wrong but I think his cap is about 30.

Could this be another sign and trade? Flyers love that one.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JanneyJoyce. Show JanneyJoyce's posts

I think young and potential is valuable. But 6 years at 4 mil?? I was a little surprised.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Report: Flyers sign Wayne Simmonds to six-year extension:
    [QUOTE]I don't see 35 from him... I could be wrong but I think his cap is about 30. Could this be another sign and trade? Flyers love that one. Posted by lambda13[/QUOTE]

I got to watch him quite a bit in LA and I would not let him go. However if he was involved in a trade manana Lambda, I would not be surprised as Holmgren is one aggressive hombre.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

$4M is good for Philly if he remains a 25+ goal guy - and I think he might in Philly where they play an aggressive, open style that gives a strong guy who can finish garbage the chance to put up good numbers.

I suspect this is about the mid-range between what he'd be worth if he was just a perennial 18 goal, 2nd/3rd liner and what he showed he could top out as - a 30 goal threat.  30 goal threat = Skinner money.  18 goal third liner = Kelly money.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Good signing for Philly. He's as close to a Milan Lucic as you'll find. 4m doesn't seem at all expensive for him if he can do what he did last year.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

I don't think Simmonds is an intimidating player but then again I'm not playing against him so never know.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JanneyJoyce. Show JanneyJoyce's posts

if

if

if

if

Real trend to the posts. I understand why they signed him and for what they signed him for. Still makes me cringe a little.

But then again, I play my hands a little tight, admitedly so.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

It's a good deal for both sides.  I like the trend the latest deals are taking.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from xdrive. Show xdrive's posts

what??? at the same time the hypocrite owners are looking for a 5 year max contract. figures its the flyers, dumbest team in the leage

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Report: Flyers sign Wayne Simmonds to six-year extension:
    [QUOTE]what??? at the same time the hypocrite owners are looking for a 5 year max contract. figures its the flyers, dumbest team in the leage
    Posted by xdrive[/QUOTE]

What makes the Flyers the "dumbest team"?  Sure, the 10 years for Bryzgalov is a bad contract, but they have made some awesome trades over the years.

12. This post has been removed.