Report out of Columbus

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

Report out of Columbus

Jeff Rimmer, apparently a team reporter of the Blue Jackets, reported today that the Bruins are putting together an offer for Nash. No names as to who would be involved but he's apparently close to the team. Anybody know him or his credibility? 

This could be really interesting if we move depth at center to get a top 6 winger of Nash's caliber.

It was also tweeted on the Bruins twitter account. Here's the link where a CBJ reporter suggests/analyzes the possible players that could be involved.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Re: Report out of Columbus

PC said that the core wouldn't change, he hasn't gone back on something he said in public yet.  At least that I know of.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

In Response to Re: Report out of Columbus:
    [QUOTE]PC said that the core wouldn't change, he hasn't gone back on something he said in public yet.  At least that I know of.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

Well PC did say Dave Lewis's job was safe 2 weeks before firing him.  But there is no way the Bruins do this unless the deal is for Thomas, picks, and or prospects not named Hamilton.  Nash is highly overpaid I would be very surprised and disappointed to see them take on that contract.  If they are going to waste assets to get an overpaid face of the franchise I would prefer Iginla.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Report out of Columbus : Well PC did say Dave Lewis's job was safe 2 weeks before firing him.  But there is no way the Bruins do this unless the deal is for Thomas, picks, and or prospects not named Hamilton.  Nash is highly overpaid I would be very surprised and disappointed to see them take on that contract.  If they are going to waste assets to get an overpaid face of the franchise I would prefer Iginla.
    Posted by Orrthebest[/QUOTE]

I'd prefer the younger player.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

How dumb is that article?

They suggest the B's willingness to trade Lucic is moderate to high yet Peverley is just moderate.

To how so stupid fans are in Columbus, in the "Who do you want in return for Nash" poll, there are 26 votes for Rask and only 11 for Seguin.  12 for Krejic but 2 for Bergeron.

Furthermore, this is a fan site reporting that a Sunday morning radio host said something.  Not really too reliable.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

[QUOTE]How dumb is that article? They suggest the B's willingness to trade Lucic is moderate to high yet Peverley is just moderate. To how so stupid fans are in Columbus, in the "Who do you want in return for Nash" poll, there are 26 votes for Rask and only 11 for Seguin.  12 for Krejic but 2 for Bergeron. Furthermore, this is a fan site reporting that a Sunday morning radio host said something.  Not really too reliable.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

I know what you mean, NAS. My point was not really focused around who would move to Columbus but rather how credible is this reporter? Does he have info on the ongoing talks between the 2 clubs? 

The poll part clearly states that the reporter has no idea who is involved in these talks. I think he's just stating that there are in fact, talks happening.

My question was does anyone know who this reporter is? His credentials? How close is he to the team? Is he just Columbus' version of Haggerty?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

Or worse..... a Eklund copycat?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

How bad Nash's contract, really?  6 years remaining @ $7.8M per year for an elite winger.  How much different will Parise's deal be? 

Nash will be 28 to begin 2012-13 and his contract will end when he is 33.  His deal is 5th highest in the NHL behind, Ovechkin, Malkin, Crosby & Eric Staal.  He makes a little more than Lacavalier, Heatley, Gaborik, Stamkos & Weber (all @ $7.5M).  Others making more than $7M?  Gomez, Brian Campbell, Vanek, Spezza, Iginla, Thornton & Doughty.

Nash is expensive, but his contact is not awful.  PC will pay nearly a million more to Krejci and Boychuk next year.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriotpat99. Show patriotpat99's posts

ronstar did you read the article? this reporter clearly has 0 credibility 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

In Response to Report out of Columbus:
    [QUOTE]Jeff Rimmer, apparently a team reporter of the Blue Jackets, reported today that the Bruins are putting together an offer for Nash. No names as to who would be involved but he's apparently close to the team. Anybody know him or his credibility?  This could be really interesting if we move depth at center to get a top 6 winger of Nash's caliber. It was also tweeted on the Bruins twitter account. Here's the link where a CBJ reporter suggests/analyzes the possible players that could be involved. http://www.jacketscannon.com/2012/5/20/3032170/could-the-jackets-do-business-in-beantown
    Posted by Ronstar8[/QUOTE]

It was not tweeted on the Bruins twitter, it was tweeted by a fan's fake Bruins twitter.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

The author of the Columbus piece is a guy named Matt Wagner.  Here is his bio from the site:

A die-hard fan of the Columbus Blue Jackets, amateur BBQer, and professional IT Jack of All Trades. Born and raised in Columbus, OH, I didn't really discover hockey until the Columbus Chill came to town in the 1980s/90s, and my love of the sport was fairly casual until I went to college and shared a dorm room with a Leafs fan. After being converted into a hockey fan through heavy osmosis, once I returned to my hometown in time for the 2002-2003 season to check out the Blue Jackets, the (often tragic) love affair began in full force!

Sounds almost identical to dez.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Report out of Columbus : I know what you mean, NAS. My point was not really focused around who would move to Columbus but rather how credible is this reporter? Does he have info on the ongoing talks between the 2 clubs?  The poll part clearly states that the reporter has no idea who is involved in these talks. I think he's just stating that there are in fact, talks happening. My question was does anyone know who this reporter is? His credentials? How close is he to the team? Is he just Columbus' version of Haggerty?

He isn't a reporter.  He's a guy who has (or writes for) a website...just like all of the jokers who come here an say, "Hey!  Come read my new blog!" and then end up offering poor game recaps and Radiohead news.

This is a guy who heard something on the radio and ran with it.  Nothing else.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]How bad Nash's contract, really?  6 years remaining @ $7.8M per year for an elite winger.  How much different will Parise's deal be?  Nash will be 28 to begin 2012-13 and his contract will end when he is 33.  His deal is 5th highest in the NHL behind, Ovechkin, Malkin, Crosby & Eric Staal.  He makes a little more than Lacavalier, Heatley, Gaborik, Stamkos & Weber (all @ $7.5M).  Others making more than $7M?  Gomez, Brian Campbell, Vanek, Spezza, Iginla, Thornton & Doughty. Nash is expensive, but his contact is not awful.  PC will pay nearly a million more to Krejci and Boychuk next year.
    Posted by Crowls2424[/QUOTE]

I would love to see the B's get a hold of this guy, but not at the expense of Lucic, Bergeron or Seguin.

There are places they can save money.  Johnny Boychuk gets moved and Hamilton comes in.  That's a $2M savings there.  And then save an extra $500,000 by getting a less expensive Skating Clown.

That's $2.5M off the books with little change in the outcome of the season.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MDsizzle. Show MDsizzle's posts

[QUOTE]How dumb is that article? They suggest the B's willingness to trade Lucic is moderate to high yet Peverley is just moderate. To how so stupid fans are in Columbus, in the "Who do you want in return for Nash" poll, there are 26 votes for Rask and only 11 for Seguin.  12 for Krejic but 2 for Bergeron. Furthermore, this is a fan site reporting that a Sunday morning radio host said something.  Not really too reliable.

It actually makes sense when you think about it, they need a good goalie more than any type of forward, and to say Tuukka is a good goalie would be an understatement.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MDsizzle. Show MDsizzle's posts

I'm hoping the article is unreliable, not sure i would want to give up whatever it takes to get Nash. Also thinking PC would not be thrilled with his contract either, Nash is a talented player, no doubt, but the contract is not much of a value.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

some guy saying something.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriotpat99. Show patriotpat99's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Report out of Columbus : It actually makes sense when you think about it, they need a good goalie more than any type of forward, and to say Tuukka is a good goalie would be an understatement.
    Posted by MDsizzle[/QUOTE]

probably the main reason why the bruins won't be trading him

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Report out of Columbus : I would love to see the B's get a hold of this guy, but not at the expense of Lucic, Bergeron or Seguin. There are places they can save money.  Johnny Boychuk gets moved and Hamilton comes in.  That's a $2M savings there.  And then save an extra $500,000 by getting a less expensive Skating Clown. That's $2.5M off the books with little change in the outcome of the season.

I would love to see them add Nash, but would prefer Parise as he simply costs you the contract.  Price, in terms of players/picks for Nash will be steep.

Parise and Nash are the same age with similar career production. 

Parise
    - 502gp 194-216-410
    - .386 g/gp & .817 pts/gp
    - four 30 goal seasons, one 40 goal season

Nash
    - 674gp 289-258-547
    - .429 g/gp & .812 pts/gp
    - five 30 goal seasons, two 40 goal seasons

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

In Response to Report out of Columbus:
    [QUOTE]Jeff Rimmer, apparently a team reporter of the Blue Jackets, reported today that the Bruins are putting together an offer for Nash. No names as to who would be involved but he's apparently close to the team. Anybody know him or his credibility?  This could be really interesting if we move depth at center to get a top 6 winger of Nash's caliber. It was also tweeted on the Bruins twitter account. Here's the link where a CBJ reporter suggests/analyzes the possible players that could be involved. http://www.jacketscannon.com/2012/5/20/3032170/could-the-jackets-do-business-in-beantown
    He's not just a reporter, but an announcer for the Jackets. I'm friend with his brother on FB. Who used to work at NHL Home Ice on Satellite Radio. I'll see what he says.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]The author of the Columbus piece is a guy named Matt Wagner.  Here is his bio from the site: A die-hard fan of the Columbus Blue Jackets, amateur BBQer, and professional IT Jack of All Trades. Born and raised in Columbus, OH, I didn't really discover hockey until the Columbus Chill came to town in the 1980s/90s, and my love of the sport was fairly casual until I went to college and shared a dorm room with a Leafs fan. After being converted into a hockey fan through heavy osmosis, once I returned to my hometown in time for the 2002-2003 season to check out the Blue Jackets, the (often tragic) love affair began in full force! 
    OK well this isn't Mr. Rimmer. Until I find out for sure who wrote the article I'm not asking. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Probably nothing to it, I'd say it's pure speculation. That said, I would love to see Nash in a Bruins uniform, his contrasct does not concern me, what could be going the other way would concern me. If it's Tuuka,Krejci and Boychuk I do it in a second, I do not part with Seguin,Bergeron or Lucic.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

[QUOTE]Probably nothing to it, I'd say it's pure speculation. That said, I would love to see Nash in a Bruins uniform, his contrasct does not concern me, what could be going the other way would concern me. If it's Tuuka,Krejci and Boychuk I do it in a second, I do not part with Seguin,Bergeron or Lucic.
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]

Agree kel, though I would add Hamilton to the "ain't going anywhere" list.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

[QUOTE]How bad Nash's contract, really?  6 years remaining @ $7.8M per year for an elite winger.  How much different will Parise's deal be?  Nash will be 28 to begin 2012-13 and his contract will end when he is 33.  His deal is 5th highest in the NHL behind, Ovechkin, Malkin, Crosby & Eric Staal.  He makes a little more than Lacavalier, Heatley, Gaborik, Stamkos & Weber (all @ $7.5M).  Others making more than $7M?  Gomez, Brian Campbell, Vanek, Spezza, Iginla, Thornton & Doughty. Nash is expensive, but his contact is not awful.  PC will pay nearly a million more to Krejci and Boychuk next year.
    I think a team could get him at a $6.5 Million cap hit, if they give him a 12 year contract (12 Years/$80 Million).

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbadbruinsfan. Show bigbadbruinsfan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Report out of Columbus : I would love to see them add Nash, but would prefer Parise as he simply costs you the contract.  Price, in terms of players/picks for Nash will be steep. Parise and Nash are the same age with similar career production.  Parise - 502gp 194-216-410 - .386 g/gp & .817 pts/gp - four 30 goal seasons, one 40 goal season Nash - 674gp 289-258-547 - .429 g/gp & .812 pts/gp - five 30 goal seasons, two 40 goal seasons

Would be all about either of these guys, bottomline, we need more offensive talent and improved PP.  Everyone here killed the ilya k deal, he's a huge difference make in these playoffs for jersey, especially on PP.  Nash or Parise on this team would put us right back ontop.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriotpat99. Show patriotpat99's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Report out of Columbus : I think a team could get him at a $6.5 Million cap hit, if they give him a 12 year contract (12 Years/$80 Million).
    Posted by Hockguy0818[/QUOTE]

What if Parise wants to pull a Hossa and sign a one or two year deal with a team that has a great shot at the cup and some cap space?