Reporting trolls

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: Reporting trolls

In Response to Re: Reporting trolls:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Reporting trolls : In the grand scheme of things, of course it's not a big deal.  But neither is hockey.  But we enjoy the game, the Bruins and the discussion that this board brings.  And it is really annoying to come on here after work looking to kick back and talk some hockey and some troll has posted 10 posts that were just copy and pasted from the archives.  Now I have to scroll down find something from someone that isn't just trying to annoy everyone else on the board.  Is it a BIG deal?  No.  It's a little deal.  But sometimes I (and I'm sure many of the others) don't want to have to deal with little deals either.
    Posted by jalvis[/QUOTE]
    Exactly right.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

[QUOTE]"does this really bother all of you??? Get a life...there are more important things in life to get worked up about" I agree.  I don't see what all the fuss is about.  Once or twice I got snookered into reading what was an old post, but gee, what the heck.  It's not like it ruined my day. I'd say the issue here is that most posts are pretty boring.  If someone wants to come along and juice things up a bit, more power to him or her.  It's not life and death -- and I don't see how people can get "antagonized" by things people say in a forum.
    Posted by Ergoetal[/QUOTE]
    To me, the "old post" routine is annoying, but only report-worthy when it reaches spam level. 
    Copycat users should be reported on principle though.  No sense it us letting Ergoeta1 ruin your good name.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

I've been reporting the troll jbw413 when ever they post. Seems like the Globe doesn't take time to investigate some of this crap.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kurako. Show Kurako's posts

[QUOTE]I've been reporting the troll jbw413 when ever they post. Seems like the Globe doesn't take time to investigate some of this crap.
    Posted by jwb413[/QUOTE]

Click on the name and hit report from there. The system isn't very smart. Reporting a post only tends to affect that one message.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from matttt87. Show matttt87's posts

Make a thread with a link to a forum or facebook page that a dedicated member from here can moderate - post it and have everyone post under there. The people who make quality contributions will have no problem showing their real name (whether it be a debate or a disagreement) and the spammers will either not want to post their name, or just be banned since it will be user controlled. It's hard for me to blame the globe when this is a free forum, you guys say you don't have time to wade through the garbage - I'm sure globe people don't have time either since they have a job to do elsewhere that actually draws in money.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

does this really bother all of you??? Get a life...there are more important things in life to get worked up about

Really easy to say when you only come on here a couple x's a week. A lot different when us regulars have to go thru all the garbage to get to something half intelligent, or to get to a new thread!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bhanlon156. Show bhanlon156's posts

I use "Other" and this comment, "Copying and pasting old, irrelevant posts to clog the boards."

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Reporting trolls : In the grand scheme of things, of course it's not a big deal.  But neither is hockey.  But we enjoy the game, the Bruins and the discussion that this board brings.  And it is really annoying to come on here after work looking to kick back and talk some hockey and some troll has posted 10 posts that were just copy and pasted from the archives.  Now I have to scroll down find something from someone that isn't just trying to annoy everyone else on the board.  Is it a BIG deal?  No.  It's a little deal.  But sometimes I (and I'm sure many of the others) don't want to have to deal with little deals either.
    Posted by jalvis[/QUOTE]

Yup dead on.  I can read with the best of people but I get really PO when I have to figure out if it is a legitmate real post or some weasel a@# trying to seek annoyance.  So I do report even though I never ever hit the ignore button.  I ignore with the first few sentences then move onward.  It is still annyoying though.