Rest for Rex?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Rest for Rex?

Is it just me or has Recchi been particularly invisible for the last few games?  The guy is 43 years-old and is averaging over 16 minutes per game.  I would have no problem seeing Seguin or Peverley skate a couple of games on Bergeron's wing to give Recchi a much deserved blow. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Re: Rest for Rex?

Crowls,

excellent post.  I think now that we are a lock for the playoffs we should try Seguin on that line and have recchi rest more.  The dog days of feb/march are ideal times and a great opportunity for Seguin to get his confidence and more ice time.
    very good idea

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

It's only common sense.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

yes it is but common sense only works for those that use it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Excellent thought, gives Paille some ice time as well.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

Recchi looks tired. Stubborn, has the A on his shirt i'm sure he will highly resist to be sitting out though. CJ has no reason to take him out also since he brings alot of experience to the table and doesn't make many mistakes on the ice.

Have Recchi take a short 1 week vacation to Florida , play paille or bring up Hamill. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Agree he seems to have lost a step. Maybe drop him to the 3rd or 4th line first as a warning?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

In Response to Rest for Rex?:
    [QUOTE]Is it just me or has Recchi been particularly invisible for the last few games?  The guy is 43 years-old and is averaging over 16 minutes per game.  I would have no problem seeing Seguin or Peverley skate a couple of games on Bergeron's wing to give Recchi a much deserved blow. 
    Posted by Crowls2424[/QUOTE]

Exactly.   But CJ seems to be enamored with the guy and puts him out there even for the PK.   Management must think he's some kind of god.  

Truth is, he's constantly behind the play and can't get where he needs to be.  Even his passes are off the mark.

Last year he rallied and provided some good presence, and goals, for the stretch run and playoffs.  This year, he seems to be bogging down, slowing down, and going down.

It's not a rest he needs......it's retirement! 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Problem is that no one on this team plays the front of the net as well as Rex... and that seems to be where our goals are coming from lately.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

In Response to Re: Rest for Rex?:
    [QUOTE]Problem is that no one on this team plays the front of the net as well as Rex... and that seems to be where our goals are coming from lately.
    Posted by Bruinfaninnewjersey[/QUOTE]

He hasn't been getting to the front of the net.  And hasn't had a tip in or rebound goal for quite a while.  By the time he gets to the net, the play there is already over.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

he was one of our top performers in the playoffs last year for us.  he needs rest. I would be opposed to letting chara have a few games off either.  we have depth on defense now. 
    i know it likely wont happen but the playoffs are what its about

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

He does seem to be slowing down significantly the last few games. Maybe it is due to his line gettign renewed attention by the opposition because of their success earlier in the year. Either way, he seems to need either a rest or simply less icetime....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

The only thing is I'd worry that he might calcify if he sits too long.  Seemingly paradoxically, maybe that's why he hasn't been an impact lately: the Bruins just had two sets of three day rests.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

I agree with this and think the team would benefit in the long run, but the fact is CJ always gives the cagey vets any benefits of the doubt. I highly doubt he'd tell Rex to take a few games off. I'd like to see him sit Thornton for a bit too, but I just don't think CJ would do it.

They are home for 2 and then 4 of 5 on the road again. It wouldn't hurt to give hime one or two games off in that stretch.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

IF the B's rest rex....i would put seguin on the wing with bergy and marchy. then put suave, caron or last choice paille on the 4th with thorty and campbell. keep as many of the original lines intact as possible. if no rest is needed...keep all lines as they currently are, if it ain't broke, don't fix it!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Rex is and has been an exceptional player. This year it is more apparent that his speed, passing and puck handling have eroded to where Marchand and Bergeron are almost a two man offensive line with Rex hanging back on the blue line without enough speed to participate in the play. It is sad to see a skilled and durable nplayer's skills erode. Claude is part of the problem and should be the one who either moves REX to the 4th line, or sits him every once in a while. Another indication that Claude is not the smartest in a key mangement position.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

bogie6...clode is in a no win situation here, it has nothing to do with hockey smarts. would you healthy scratch an nhl hall of famer? it's called respect. you just have to hope that rex asks for some time off. i agree he's an anchor on that line, but every 7 or 8 games rex is parked in front of the net and gets the game winner. what to do?  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from matttt87. Show matttt87's posts

In Response to Re: Rest for Rex?:
    [QUOTE]Problem is that no one on this team plays the front of the net as well as Rex... and that seems to be where our goals are coming from lately.
    Posted by Bruinfaninnewjersey[/QUOTE]

If you claim that all the goals are coming from the front of the net, yet Recchi isn't the one scoring them, it seems that other players have been taking care of this.