RFA'S

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Al-Samarraie. Show Al-Samarraie's posts

RFA'S

So apart from the current club being able to match any offer another club makes for the player, are there any other restrictions that would prevent a player from being able to move clubs as an RFA? I just looked at the RFA list for 2011 and it is full of good players, just wanted to check and see if it was worth getting my hopes up over the summer for a big name mover to Boston or not. Thanks for the help.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Re: RFA'S

Boston would have to give up picks as compensation if they sign a RFA. It depends on the RFA tender what the compensation is. The higher the tender, the higher the compensation.

I think you could nab some players if their current team is strapped but I think the more likely scenario is that the most desirable players will stay with their current teams.

The Bruins are not getting Stamkos or Parise. Won't happen.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

No way PC pulls a BB after the Kessel fiasco.....bad medicine....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

The draft picks the Bruins would have to fork over would have to be their own, right?  Do they have any of those left high enough that they could be used on a well-compensated RFA?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Would be future pics, this years Leafs would be left alone, and since Stanley says we have the next 3 cups, we can give away the next 3-5 1st rounders as they will be worthless anyhow.lol

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://www.capgeek.com/free_agents.php?year_id=2011&team_id=-1&position_id=-1&fa_type_id=1

Some good ones on here like Wheeler and Hunwick LoL! It will all depend on what PC does with Kaberle and if Savard retires otherwise nothing cookin. Also consider small market teams for instance could Atlanta afford to match a contract to Zach Bogosian ? Would Wilson work out a trade with Boston for Setoguchi if Chiarelli called and made the right offer ? Certainly worth the phone call.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Al-Samarraie. Show Al-Samarraie's posts

Thanks all, i appreciate it.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

NJ can't afford Parise.  Nashville is broke and really can't afford Weber. 

We have some contracts coming off the books and have young talent. 

Can you imagine Shea and Chara on the same team.  It would tilt a lot of the power our way for sure.  I mean those are 2 of the top 5 dmen in the league. 

Should be interesting but I bet Parise is traded.  I know rumors are just that but imagine Edmonton making a trade for him.  NJ is known for its amazing scouting.  1 and 4th.  Pretty solid picks to build around. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadianfan6. Show Canadianfan6's posts

IGive me a break and just watch the playoffs?????    n Response to RFA'S:
    [QUOTE]So apart from the current club being able to match any offer another club makes for the player, are there any other restrictions that would prevent a player from being able to move clubs as an RFA? I just looked at the RFA list for 2011 and it is full of good players, just wanted to check and see if it was worth getting my hopes up over the summer for a big name mover to Boston or not. Thanks for the help.
    Posted by Al-Samarraie[/QUOTE]

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

In Response to Re: RFA'S:
    [QUOTE]Boston would have to give up picks as compensation if they sign a RFA. It depends on the RFA tender what the compensation is. The higher the tender, the higher the compensation. I think you could nab some players if their current team is strapped but I think the more likely scenario is that the most desirable players will stay with their current teams. The Bruins are not getting Stamkos or Parise. Won't happen.
    Posted by nrguy[/QUOTE]
    It has nothing to do with the qualifying offer tendered, it has to do with the offer sheet. whatever the average annual salary in the proposed deal is is what determines the compensation picks

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Who cares?

Playoffs.  Bruins-Habs.  For God's sake.

Save this discussion for July.