Richards... Again

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbadbruinsfan. Show bigbadbruinsfan's posts

Richards... Again

So now that we know Richards offers are being taken, and we have seen what the B's have done so far, any chance they make the final push with Richards?

I've thought about this alot now and go back and forth.  I really wanted us to make a play for him before the moves PC made.  After the moves I thought ok no more Richards or any other big deals.  Now I've flipped back, and am of the mind that PC has done more than dip his toes in the water here, he has made some moves that say go for it.  So does he go all in and get Richards when the east is wide open, and make that run for the cup with the one missing link now, a top end forward? 

With the Toronot pick potentially sliding to the middle range of the first, do we dump that, another prospect or two, and some salary for BR?  The team looks so much better right now, imagine Richards (former Conn Smythe) in this lineup?  What a turn around for the PP to have BR on the wall with Kabs maning the point.  With that type of offensive talent coupled with Chara on lock down and the NHL's best goalie, now that would be a serious cup run!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbadbruinsfan. Show bigbadbruinsfan's posts

Re: Richards... Again

We have the picks and prospects to get this done, it would just take some cap space management (ryder to AHL, ferrence or boychuck in the deal.  Ferrence +Ryder+1Mill under cap now gets you real close to BR's salary).

Does Hnidy coming in mean they look to trade a Boychuck or Ferrence to clear more salary in general (not necessarily for richards)?  I'd rather pay Hnidy 500k to ride the pine than 2 mill to boychuck.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Swerengen. Show Swerengen's posts

Boychuck, Kelly and the Toronto Pick may get it done.  That pick isn't going to be top 3 anyway now, so I can part with it if they feel Richards is someone they can resign

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Boy/Kelly and the Leafs pick.  I am sure jumps up and down for that. 
    Try Krejci/Torontos pick +

We dont have the picks anymore.  We had them. 
    Pass on Richards. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

actually.  try more than kovalchuk got last year. 

he would require premium talent.  NHL ready talent.  Thats why I mentioned Krecji.  I would think about it if it were Krejci/Leafs pick+.  I dont think either GM would consider it though.  I would rather have Paul Statsny. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In Response to Re: Richards... Again:
    [QUOTE]actually.  try more than kovalchuk got last year.  he would require premium talent.  NHL ready talent.  Thats why I mentioned Krecji.  I would think about it if it were Krejci/Leafs pick+.  I dont think either GM would consider it though.  I would rather have Paul Statsny. 
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

In other words, more than a man with a concussion is worth....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbadbruinsfan. Show bigbadbruinsfan's posts

Shupe, your package would yield a signed stud, not a guy with 2 months left on his contract.  Kovy didnt yield even close to that much, more like 2 so so younger roster guys and the 24th pick.  Not 5th overall, big big difference.  If Richards had 3 years left at 7mill you would start with krejci and tor pick. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from north1234. Show north1234's posts

was at the bruin practice yesterday...got to talk to PC...when i asked him if he was done dealing he said....yeah i think so but maybe tweak a little here and there.....and smiled ....maybe he has something in mind and now i see  hnidy at practice today...maybe just maybe he wasnt kidding when he said he might tweak

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Boychuck, Kelly and the Toronto Pick may get it done.  That pick isn't going to be top 3 anyway now, so I can part with it if they feel Richards is someone they can resign
    Posted by Swerengen[/QUOTE]
    Maybe Boychuck,Ryder and some prospects out of the Spooner,Knight,Sauve,etc group.Ryder could offset some(very little) of the loss of Richards' offense for this year as Nieuwendyk mentioned today that Dallas is still in 8th.That means he can't just deal him for prospects without taking away their shot at the playoffs.That said,I'm still against moving the Leafs pick for a rental.If we could resign him then go for it.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Richards is a #1 center who has a stanley cup ring.  Kovy was a goal scorer who was also a UFA at seasons end. And yes they did make out pretty well.
    Just look at what teams are getting for players and then ask yourself again is it enough for one of the best centers in the game. 
    This is laughable. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

If you are the GM in Dallas, do you want Ryder or Kelly.  Answer with a sounding thud is NO.  He would want NHL talent that isnt a UFA at seasons end.  Boychuk is a bottom pairing dman.  Maybe the can throw Hnidy at them as well.
    I will trade you Gretzky for Snepts, Plett and Dugauy.  Its a great deal for you b/c you get three players and I only get one.

People.  Versteeg netted a 1st round pick. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Richards is a #1 center who has a stanley cup ring.  Kovy was a goal scorer who was also a UFA at seasons end. And yes they did make out pretty well. Just look at what teams are getting for players and then ask yourself again is it enough for one of the best centers in the game.  This is laughable. 
    Still though Shupe,if he can't be resigned then he's simply a rental.How much of the future can be mortgaged for that.I think if PC called and offered Krejci for Richards straight up,it'd be a done deal(and I'd never do it if I were PC).

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Swerengen. Show Swerengen's posts

[QUOTE]If you are the GM in Dallas, do you want Ryder or Kelly.  Answer with a sounding thud is NO.  He would want NHL talent that isnt a UFA at seasons end.  Boychuk is a bottom pairing dman.  Maybe the can throw Hnidy at them as well. I will trade you Gretzky for Snepts, Plett and Dugauy.  Its a great deal for you b/c you get three players and I only get one. People.  Versteeg netted a 1st round pick. 

If you're the GM in Dallas, then you just made the dumbest trade of the season, giving James Neal away for Goligoski

So yeah, I'm pretty sure this guy is ripe for the picking

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbadbruinsfan. Show bigbadbruinsfan's posts

Shupe, a 24th pick, a guy who has as many goals as wheeler and a dman that's no better than a stuart/ferrence bottom pairing guy for a perenial 40+ goal scorer?  You say Kovy was only a goal scorer who was a ufa?  Hello, Richards is a ufa too, and "just a goal scorer" is way harder to find than you make it sound.

I get your point, your just going as far overboard the other way as a Ryder and 3rd rounder type suggestion.

We have the goods to make it happen, that's what this post was all about.

Versteeg is also signed and netted what will be the equivelant of around the 30th pick, far cry from potential lotto pick for a team in financial trouble.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

I would've said yes, but now with BR having concussion issue's? I think the B's & us fans have had our fill with concussed centermen.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from xenimus. Show xenimus's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Richards... Again : Still though Shupe,if he can't be resigned then he's simply a rental.How much of the future can be mortgaged for that.I think if PC called and offered Krejci for Richards straight up,it'd be a done deal(and I'd never do it if I were PC).
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

If Richards commits to signing here i'de do that deal in a HEART-beat. Krejci is a nice player but he is not a true #1. People tend to overrate his game. Sure, he has the slick Euro-moves but even Miro Satan showed that anything Krejci can do he could do better last season in terms of the "fancy" game. Miro undressed the whole Buffalo team during the playoffs. Flashiness and style points can only get you so far. He's not big enough, he struggles against other team's to-Dmen along the boards. Needs to add muscle to his 172lb frame. Although he likes to slow the game down at times he is caught trying to pick the perfect play.

Richards is a proven winner, he's a leader, has tons of experience and is in his prime. I believe the guy has at least 5 good years left in him. Bergeron nor Krejci have the same pedigree to be that "Super-Star", their great players but a step below to be among the elite. The Bruins need one more piece, someone that will keep the opponent on their toes, a top-six legit threat.

Theres no question it will take a Krejci+ TOR#1, and i only mention Krejci because he has not "CLAUSES" in his contract and is the most attractive player in terms of tradable assets on the Bruins. If Richards would sign here, this is a deal i would at least consider.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

The Toronto pick is not worth a rental Hamilton or Murphy will be good for years to come. If Chiarelli negotiated an extension during the trade he'd have to jettison two NHL ready veterans this draft to extend Brad not worth it.

PS. Chiarelli can't predict if Savard will retire I know 7 million reasons why he won't.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from CamOJonasink. Show CamOJonasink's posts

[QUOTE]I would've said yes, but now with BR having concussion issue's? I think the B's & us fans have had our fill with concussed centermen.
    Posted by nitemare-38[/QUOTE]
    My sentiments exactly.  How old is he too, 31?  Another $7M for another headache (pun intended).  Different direction please.  This fascination with Richards all started because KDP has a man crush on him!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Richards... Again : If Richards commits to signing here i'de do that deal in a HEART-beat. Krejci is a nice player but he is not a true #1. People tend to overrate his game. Sure, he has the slick Euro-moves but even Miro Satan showed that anything Krejci can do he could do better last season in terms of the "fancy" game. Miro undressed the whole Buffalo team during the playoffs. Flashiness and style points can only get you so far. He's not big enough, he struggles against other team's to-Dmen along the boards. Needs to add muscle to his 172lb frame. Although he likes to slow the game down at times he is caught trying to pick the perfect play. Richards is a proven winner, he's a leader, has tons of experience and is in his prime. I believe the guy has at least 5 good years left in him. Bergeron nor Krejci have the same pedigree to be that "Super-Star", their great players but a step below to be among the elite. The Bruins need one more piece, someone that will keep the opponent on their toes, a top-six legit threat. Theres no question it will take a Krejci+ TOR#1, and i only mention Krejci because he has not "CLAUSES" in his contract and is the most attractive player in terms of tradable assets on the Bruins. If Richards would sign here, this is a deal i would at least consider.
    Posted by xenimus[/QUOTE]
    As I said,if Richards was resigning then I'm all for it but Dallas would take a signed DK for an unsigned Richards.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

he's not coming to Boston

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from newfiewhaler. Show newfiewhaler's posts

Dez, I'd be shocked if Dallas would take DK for Richards - signed or not. I'm sure that they'll get a much more luxuritive offer elsewhere.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I still dont think its enough.  I realize he is a UFA and thats what rental players should garnish...BUT Richards is a proven player and no way they take our scrubs and pending UFA players for a star.  I would say they would just keep him and hope to make the playoffs.  They still are very much in it.

Kovy can't carry Richards gear bag.  #1 centers just don't get traded for our dog dirt.  The Leafs pick is likely after the 1st 5.  This yrs draft is the worst in yrs.  If the Leafs keep winning I would deal that pick off in a second for the right player.  But as I said earlier. I would rather push for Paul Statsny now that his old man has opened his yap.
    Statsny/Liles for DK/Kemp/Leafs #1.

Now we are talking...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Neecic. Show Neecic's posts

anyone remember that trade a while back where boston gave up a 1st, 2nd and colborne for some 4mil ufa defenseman? kaberle i think his name was.  and yet richards is coming for boychuck kelly and a 1st.  wow.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Richards... Again : Why? Because he's going to Toronto? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!
    Posted by mattc355[/QUOTE]

I'd be more willing to bet he'd be going to Toronto than going to Boston.It's no secret Burke wants a #1 center and he now has 2 first round picks to dangle..Is that funny?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

Getting Richards only makes sense if he's healthy and ready to push the Bruins over the top for a Cup run. Given that his status is uncertain, why mortgage the future w/the Toronto pick and other prospects or Krejci? (which I think Dallas would demand to even start talking about Richards.)

if he were 100% healthy, sure, I'm going to consider a Ryder/Krejci/Tor. Pick for a player of that caliber, but no way do I part w/Krejci and that Tor. pick for a guy who may not be the player we would need him to be to put the Bruins into the SC Finals.