Right Players, Wrong Coach

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Costas-V. Show Costas-V's posts

Right Players, Wrong Coach

This isn't a hate thread on Coach Julien, I like him, I just think his time is up.  His system is old and figured out.  We have speedy, talented, and creative forwards and we are using a trap system with dump and chase.  Whatever happened to tape to tape passes and skating the puck into the zone?  And please don't start saying we had the best offense three years ago.  That was before he fully implemented his system, he was still new here.  If the offense 3 years ago was the type of hockey he wanted the B's to play, they would be playing it.  Instead of creativity, he preaches simplicity, instead of intensity, he preaches cautiosness.  This team runs on neutral.  Their attitude never changes no matter the situation in the game.  Do they have any blood running thru their veins?  I think the make up of the team is great, I think all the players have a role on this team.  The team play though I believe is a direct reflection of the coach, the calm, simple, stick to the game plan approach that won't win you championships. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Re: Right Players, Wrong Coach

I dont think anyone can debate it at this point but there is a huge risk involved. Like you said CJ can coach a team into the first round and usually win more games than they lose in a season. But he has never been able to do well in the second round.

Are Krejci-Horton-Lucic-Seguin-Savard-Bergeron good enough to run a Pitts type game? Where are the defenseman who can make transition the game with good skating and passing(TY Kampfer ! :) )

I think the team needs a new coach and a top 3 winger. Horton could dominate on the second line. Also get rid of Ryder/Wheeler/Paille. To get said winger and another role guy like an Upshall or something.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

I'm starting to move over to this side of the argument. This is a talented team, with the best goalie in hockey. Why are they losing? 
    Maybe it is CJ. Bring Iron Mike back.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

As a Habs fan, I really, really really should be hoping you bring Mike Keenan back.

However, since I don't want to see the Bruins franchise completely self-destruct, I hope Keenan comes noplace near Boston.

There may be better available coaches out there than Julien, but Mike Keenan? Could Mike Milbury-for-GM be next? :)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan084evr. Show bruinsfan084evr's posts

bruins need to play like philly .dirty rotten ,big and bad ,the talent is there but is being held back by CJ DISAPLINE

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from saultont. Show saultont's posts

The biggest mistake was giving Laviolette the oust....he did a good job in Providence and earned a chance but as usual the B,s make the big mistake.. He proved it outcoaching potatohead in last years playoff...hes the guy thats got Philly playing "Big Bad Bruin Hockey"...pardon the pun....Clod has worn out his welcome along with that other joke Geoff Ward....the winds of change are blowing...hopefully!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Right Players, Wrong Coach:
    [QUOTE]This isn't a hate thread on Coach Julien, I like him, I just think his time is up.  His system is old and figured out.  We have speedy, talented, and creative forwards and we are using a trap system with dump and chase.  Whatever happened to tape to tape passes and skating the puck into the zone?  And please don't start saying we had the best offense three years ago.  That was before he fully implemented his system, he was still new here.  If the offense 3 years ago was the type of hockey he wanted the B's to play, they would be playing it.  Instead of creativity, he preaches simplicity, instead of intensity, he preaches cautiosness.  This team runs on neutral.  Their attitude never changes no matter the situation in the game.  Do they have any blood running thru their veins?  I think the make up of the team is great, I think all the players have a role on this team.  The team play though I believe is a direct reflection of the coach, the calm, simple, stick to the game plan approach that won't win you championships. 
    Posted by Costas-V[/QUOTE]

dump and chase?  we had a 4th line guy try to skate past every red and blue jersey out there and he finally got totally croaked, he didn't get the dump and chase memo.

And I'll say it again because it deserves saying - he starts the 4th line every night.   Is is such a good thing to be so predictable?

Could starting the 4th line *maybe* have something to do with the Bruins getting stormed in the first 5 mins of that game last night?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jman4. Show jman4's posts

Why can't we put someone in front of the net, cause traffic get those cheap bounces like Mtl, is it CJ telling the players not to go there?

Go B's 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

The bruins dont forchek well at all anymore and that leads to less opporunities on ofense. If as most everyone says here that our D is sooo good, why do we always see the Bs 3rd man high ? I stated this before also that CJs system is history and thats all he knows.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from puckhog9966. Show puckhog9966's posts

Why can't we put someone in front of the net, cause traffic get those cheap bounces like Mtl, is it CJ telling the players not to go there?

That is a pretty simple answer really, the obsolete system used by julien is to have the 3rd foward high in the slot so the opposing team doesnt get any odd man rushes. So in most cases NHL defensemen are the strongest skaters and a single forward will not dump a puck into the zone and knock one of them off the puck and also recover it. It takes 2 players one who knocks the D man off the puck and the other who retrieves the it. With your 3rd forward playing high in the slot you will have no one infront of the net in this scenario ( which is 99% of the bruins offensive system ).. Now and then youll get an anomoly when say lucic runs over someone and gets the puck back solo allowing the 2nd forward to goto the net.

This is why claude needs to go now. If i know this is what they do, so does every team in the NHL and it hasnt changed a single bit in 3 years now.. it worked 2 years ago because teams hadnt had a chance to scout what the bruins were really going to do and they were taken lightly by the rest of the NHL. No longer the case and they 100% know what the bruins will do before the game even begins.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from gogojuicer. Show gogojuicer's posts

In Response to Re: Right Players, Wrong Coach:
    [QUOTE]The biggest mistake was giving Laviolette the oust....he did a good job in Providence and earned a chance but as usual the B,s make the big mistake.. He proved it outcoaching potatohead in last years playoff...hes the guy thats got Philly playing "Big Bad Bruin Hockey"...pardon the pun....Clod has worn out his welcome along with that other joke Geoff Ward....the winds of change are blowing...hopefully!
    Posted by saultont[/QUOTE]
    I agree 100% with this. The way laviolette out coached julien wasn't even funny. In fact he even guaranteed victory on live tv during the second period when they were trailing. This is why I think the players have given up on julien. They need a leader.
    http://www.versus.com/blogs/nhl/laviolette-flyers-orchestrate-confident-comeback/

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from beantowngm15. Show beantowngm15's posts

If they fire Julien, they should promote Rob Murray as the NHL coach and Ron Francis as the AHL coach.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

I haven't sen Rob Murray do much with Providence. The guy they should bring back is Scott Gordon. Put him on the "development" staff and he will soon be ready to replace Claude. For that matter, why isn't Don Sweeney more visible in working with the Bruins young defensemen in Providence. He may be, but there hasn't been any info on it. Scott Gordon developed a good team in Providence, and always had someone ready to fill in for Boston. Claude, and his sidekicks Ward and Houda need to be replaced so that the young talent in the pipeline can emerge.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from nash99. Show nash99's posts

Julien is a typical Bruins' coach. If things aren't going well his only advice is "Work harder". It's never been "Work smarter". You see the results...40 years worth.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

The Bruins are two more consistent wingers and one more mobile defenseman away from being able to take Montreal, Pittsburgh or Philly in a 7 game series. Right now the Bruins might last 6 games against those teams.

Until the current coach gets these three players and rid of the two inconsistent wingers the Bruins will limp in at about a 5, 6 or 7 seed one and done! Caron and a 5Mil winger instead of 6.2mil of worthless nothing to add muckers.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Sandog,
    why is montreal in this elite class suddenly, or philly?  The bruins (and most teams) are not the penguins, but montreal losing last night (1 goal game, not a blow out) and were first in the NE with a game in hand??  Philly wins an OT game..

The bruins win those games by doing nothing but cleaning up their play...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Who said elite ? Not me Who said suddenly ? You did not me. If Chiarelli doesn't make moves this team with it's current roster will be out in either the first or second round that's not good enough for me but maybe it is for you.

When Buffalo wins in Florida tonight they are 4 points back of the Bruins. Open your eyes, read before assuming and stop putting words into my mouth then maybe you will learn how to post better.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

You lumped montreal, philly and pittsburg together, in a manner of saying we are not in their class..Montreal and philly are not pittsburg, and neither is any closer to winning a cup then we are at this point..

Take your own advice, maybe make a valid response to something I said??  The bruins lost a 1 goal game last night be montreal, who apparently to beat we need to add, a new coach, 2 forwards and a D man, similarly, we can't beat philly who beat us in OT with out same??

the bruins needs to clean up there own play, maybe it does require a coaching change, but losing (2) 1 goal games, they could have easily won by playing a cleaner game (in montreal all they had to do was play hard the full 60, which they didnt) was my point.. They lost a 1 goal game, on the road, in a game most people are saying was poorly officiated..

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

If you think the Bruins lost games against Montreal and Philly because of poor officiating n cleaning up current players you are lost. Again putting more words in my mouth as I did not mention a coaching change nice try.

Mentioning to me that Philly, Montreal and Pittsburgh aren't closer to the cup right now than the Bruins shows me that you're black n gold glasses are to thick such as your opinions of the Bruins current status. One or two and done if no swaps are made.

Again show me were I said elite or class ? You can't

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Your right on the coaching point it said until this current coach, I read "under this current coach" so that was my mistake..

but the bruins could easily have beaten montreal, and philly if they had played consistant hockey.. they came out flat against montreal and were playing catch us all game, and they fell off against philly and got beat late..

I don't blame the officiating, didnt really have a problem with most of it from last night.. They were bad, it was that simple, they weren't beat by a superior team, they were bad..

And your right you didn't say "elite" you said they can't take philly monteal or pitts in a 7 game series, which to me, and I would think to most would apply those are the teams to beat in the east?  right?  You want me to get nit picky like you rather then trying to defend my statements? where did I say they got beat by officiating?

They cant beat philly in 7? with this current team, cause they were one game away last year, and collapsed, I would say krejci stays healthy and they win that series..

they beat monteal in the play offs the year before, and have been the better team in the past couple of years, so?? whats the problem there? 

If they had won last nights game and been sitting in 1st, what would you be saying at this point? cause my comments would still be valid, they need to clean up their own play..

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

3 game losing streak.  Bruins 4 points out of 1st place.  Stop panicking.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I'm not looking for history lesson and you won't find me on a "Fire Julien" thread unless I make fun of it. This current Bruins team will not get passed the teams I've mentioned because of lack of true snipers, speed and mobility nothing you've said will convince me otherwise not an unlucky break or Thornton not doing another stupid costly play nothing. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Right Players, Wrong Coach : dump and chase?  we had a 4th line guy try to skate past every red and blue jersey out there and he finally got totally croaked, he didn't get the dump and chase memo. And I'll say it again because it deserves saying - he starts the 4th line every night.   Is is such a good thing to be so predictable? Could starting the 4th line *maybe* have something to do with the Bruins getting stormed in the first 5 mins of that game last night?
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

Lucic coughing up the puck in the 1st minute to give Cammalleri the break away is what started the horrible 1st period. Lazy pass , breakaway , questionable penalty shot call , goal , the rest is history. CJ can't pass the puck for them or shoot. But hey if blaming CJ makes everyone feel better , so be it.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

[QUOTE]If you think the Bruins lost games against Montreal and Philly because of poor officiating n cleaning up current players you are lost. Again putting more words in my mouth as I did not mention a coaching change nice try. Mentioning to me that Philly, Montreal and Pittsburgh aren't closer to the cup right now than the Bruins shows me that you're black n gold glasses are to thick such as your opinions of the Bruins current status. One or two and done if no swaps are made. Again show me were I said elite or class ? You can't
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

coach Claude Julien sounded a familiar refrain. "[I liked] the way we played in the third period,'' he said. "And we started turning our game around in the second as well. We've got to go back and try to find a way to get our game right from the get-go. It seems like it either takes us a while, or we have to have our backs against the wall, before we start putting out the kind of game we want to play. Somehow we have to find a way to create that; it’s about composure, and making good plays, and putting some emotion in that, and that’ll get us better starts.’’

Please tell how it is a talent when even the coach admits they did not show up for the first 2 periods.  We have enough talent to win what is lacking is effort.  Do you think Montreal is more talented than the Bruins?  I do not.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Other than overall team speed the Habs are in no way , shape , or form a better team than the B's.imo.