Riley on Second Line

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macfact. Show Macfact's posts

Riley on Second Line

I know I have not voiced an opinion in a long while. But I am not sure that Marchand can work through his issues on the second line and he is not meshing with Erickson. Put Riley on back on the second line and healthy scratch Marchand for Spooner if he does not improve his game. We all know he will find his game but it helped Lucic last year to know it was time to get his stuff together it will not hurt Marchand as well and Spooner is NHL ready. Give the kid some game time experience. Just my humble opinion

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: Riley on Second Line

Shouldn't have been put back on the 3rd line too begin with.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ergoetal. Show Ergoetal's posts

I thought he's looked better recently.

If anythng, I'd scratch Kelly for Spooner.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pletchner. Show pletchner's posts

I've been a huge Marchand fan over the past few years, but something just isn't right with him.  Then again, last night was one of the few games where I haven't been too impressed with Smith, either. 

It doesn't make sense to tinker with things too much while they are winning, but if they struggle a little I think I'd like to see how Soderberg does with Bergeron and Erickson, and rotate Smith, Caron, Spooner, and Marchand as third line wingers until something starts to click.  For the time being, however, I think a day off for Marchand may be in order.  If they don't just insert Spooner/Caron on the second line, maybe try Soderberg for a game rather than Smith - although last night was really an exception, as Smith has played well overall this year. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pletchner. Show pletchner's posts

In response to Ergoetal's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I thought he's looked better recently.

If anythng, I'd scratch Kelly for Spooner.

[/QUOTE]

He has, but not last night.  He looked pretty awful last night.  But, speaking of looking better, I think Kelly has looked pretty good this year, after looking like he should join Peverly playing elsewhere by the end of last season. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Macfact's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I know I have not voiced an opinion in a long while. But I am not sure that Marchand can work through his issues on the second line and he is not meshing with Erickson. Put Riley on back on the second line and healthy scratch Marchand for Spooner if he does not improve his game. We all know he will find his game but it helped Lucic last year to know it was time to get his stuff together it will not hurt Marchand as well and Spooner is NHL ready. Give the kid some game time experience. Just my humble opinion

[/QUOTE]

The line has had overall success over the last 4 games so I'd hesitate to change anything at this point Mac. Marchand has been very bad so far though and it pains me to say that. I'm confident he will find his game eventually though.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The line has had overall success over the last 4 games so I'd hesitate to change anything at this point Mac. Marchand has been very bad so far though and it pains me to say that. I'm confident he will find his game eventually though.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

It's hard to say whether a demotion to the 3rd line for Marchand is more likely to get him going or keep him in a rut.

I have some faith that Julien will handle it the right way.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Either way MarSHAND will play out of it. Two many Bruins wingers are trying to be playmakers, head to the net.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Either way MarSHAND will play out of it. Two many Bruins wingers are trying to be playmakers, head to the net.

[/QUOTE]

^ That's the key point to me.  I've been noticing this more and more.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

not a bad idea ....the problem is if they recall Spooner and give him more than 1 or 2 games the kid will average 1 point per game and they'll never be able to send him back to Providence...they already look like fools for sending him back after only 2 games with the B's were he showed his speed and got 2 points in 2 games despite the low number of ice time minutes and the adjustment time usually required for a player recalled to adapt to the NHL system ....it is not normal someone inside the management doesnt like Spooner otherwise he would play as a regular on the 2nd or 3 rd line ....something is wrong believe me ...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

Can't figure Marchand out this year. He's been bad all year but was brutal last night. I'd sit him a game or two and hopefully wake him up.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattc355. Show mattc355's posts

I don't see how Spooner's going to get in the lineup.  It was weird with Kelly at wing.  Barring multiple injuries, I don't see it.  Marchand-Spooner-Campbell is my line.  Figure out another line with Kelly, Soderberg, Paille, Thornton.  And either one can be given more playing time on a given night.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I don't think Marchand has been awful.  Not good.  Off - missing the net, losing the puck, not getting passes through.  Just...off.  So when I say I don't mind the idea of seeing what would happen with lines of Soderberg-Bergeron-Eriksson and Marchand-Kelly-Smith, it's less about punishing Marchand and more about making a change to see if it sparks something on both lines.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chappy28. Show Chappy28's posts

I would chalk up Spooner still being in the AHL to the fact that the Bruins signed Chris Kelley for 3 more years.  Bergeron and Krecji aren't going anywhere and Spooner is not a 4th liner.  So basically he is stuck in the AHL until Kelly gets traded, or a center gets hurt.  For a second I thought he was going to get a shot centering Lucic and Iginla when Krecji took that hit last night.  I have to admit, as much as I would hate for Krecji to get hurt, I was a little excited at the prospect of Spooner getting a shot centering some skilled wings.

As for Marchand, he must have been trying out a new stick or something last night because he kept losing the puck for no reason.  Still though, I think Marchand and Bergeron have amazing chemisty together and would hate to see them broken up.  Smith has been effective on both lines, where as I think Marchand's productivity is tied to some extent to his great chemistry with Bergeron.  The two of them are able to create turnovers (Bergy) and counter-attack (Marchand) as well as any other duo in the league ---- except for Seguin and Benn (kidding)