R.I.P. Adam Yauch

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Re: R.I.P. Adam Yauch

Kind of late on this thread.  Brought back some memories and timing of their hits.
    Also noticed how I'm older than many of you on this thread with the exception of my Coumba Wheats.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In Response to Re: R.I.P. Adam Yauch:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: R.I.P. Adam Yauch : RHO, believe it or not, my father and Segal's mother are cousins twice removed. No word of a lie. Her mother's family is originally from Cosenza region of Calabria, Italy. Her maternal great-grandmother and my Dad's paternal great-grandmother were sisters. This I found out on my trip to Italy in 2004. Her side of the family immigrated, originally, to Chicago and surrounding area. My Dad's side went to Toronto, a few to Chicago and Melbourne, Australia. Last year, I found out that Steven Tyler's grandfather (surname Talarico) is from the same region and I will investigate on my next trip. Also from the same region is the family of Regis Philbin (no wonder Frank Sinatra gave him his big break), but there is no relation there as his ancestry traces back to Albania.
    Posted by Wheatskins[/QUOTE]

Wheats - You have some serious paisans, buddy. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: R.I.P. Adam Yauch : RHO, believe it or not, my father and Segal's mother are cousins twice removed. No word of a lie. Her mother's family is originally from Cosenza region of Calabria, Italy. Her maternal great-grandmother and my Dad's paternal great-grandmother were sisters. This I found out on my trip to Italy in 2004. Her side of the family immigrated, originally, to Chicago and surrounding area. My Dad's side went to Toronto, a few to Chicago and Melbourne, Australia. Last year, I found out that Steven Tyler's grandfather (surname Talarico) is from the same region and I will investigate on my next trip. Also from the same region is the family of Regis Philbin (no wonder Frank Sinatra gave him his big break), but there is no relation there as his ancestry traces back to Albania.

Jeeez, seems like everyone is from Calabria LOL...  it's the origins of Adamo e Eva. 

If anyone wants to understand Wheatskins language and the origins here's a link. Now you can all go to Calabria Italy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_xub-ZCEiM

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Strange world wheats, I am from NH and I knew Linda Talarico through my educational connections.  Enjoy your heritage research, cheers.   

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: R.I.P. Adam Yauch : Jeeez, seems like everyone is from Calabria LOL...  it's the origins of Adamo e Eva.  If anyone wants to understand Wheatskins language and the origins here's a link. Now you can all go to Calabria Italy. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_xub-ZCEiM
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

Freakin' funny, Legion.  Grew up hearing these words usually from my buddies and their families.  I've probably eaten and drank more than my weight in capicola, prosciuto and Brios.  Not to mention breaded veals with mushrooms and peppers.  And cannolis.  Cheers, buddy.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: R.I.P. Adam Yauch : Freakin' funny, Legion.  Grew up hearing these words usually from my buddies and their families.  I've probably eaten and drank more than my weight in capicola, prosciuto and Brios.  Not to mention breaded veals with mushrooms and peppers.  And cannolis.  Cheers, buddy.
    Posted by RichHillOntario[/QUOTE]

I could go for one those cutlets right about now. uhmmmm

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: R.I.P. Adam Yauch : Freakin' funny, Legion.  Grew up hearing these words usually from my buddies and their families.  I've probably eaten and drank more than my weight in capicola, prosciuto and Brios.  Not to mention breaded veals with mushrooms and peppers.  And cannolis.  Cheers, buddy.

RHO, where did you get those veal sandwiches? If it was Commisso's, I was the good-looking guy - with the moustache (at the time) - taking your money, at both locations.

Fact: I have never seen a Segal movie.

For those that want to stretch their musical experience - here is my paisano Chris Botti, Live with the Boston Pops and various artists including Sting, Steven Tyler, Yo Yo Ma etc. etc.

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=chris+botti+boston+pops&oq=Chris+Botti+Boston&aq=1&aqi=g5&aql=&gs_l=youtube.1.1.0l5.1809.5917.0.9316.18.11.0.7.7.0.158.899.10j1.11.0...0.0.

Cinema Paradiso number with Yo Yo Ma brings tears to my eyes. It taks me back to when I was a little rascal, going to the St. Clair Cinema with my Grandfather on Sunday afternoons.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: R.I.P. Adam Yauch : I could go for one those cutlets right about now. uhmmmm
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

Washed down with a Brio.  Maybe an espresso and a couple of Biscotti Milanos afterwards.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: R.I.P. Adam Yauch : RHO, where did you get those veal sandwiches? If it was Commisso's, I was the good-looking guy - with the moustache (at the time) - taking your money, at both locations. Fact: I have never seen a Segal movie. For those that want to stretch their musical experience - here is my paisano Chris Botti, Live with the Boston Pops and various artists including Sting, Steven Tyler, Yo Yo Ma etc. etc. http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=chris+botti+boston+pops&oq=Chris+Botti+Boston&aq=1&aqi=g5&aql=&gs_l=youtube.1.1.0l5.1809.5917.0.9316.18.11.0.7.7.0.158.899.10j1.11.0...0.0. Cinema Paradiso number with Yo Yo Ma brings tears to my eyes. It taks me back to when I was a little rascal, going to the St. Clair Cinema with my Grandfather on Sunday afternoons.

Wheats - You know your stuff.  Of course it was Commisso's either at the Ingram Drive spot or Eddystone which was closer to where I grew up.  They were among the very few places not downtown where you could grab a bite late.  In our youth we used to hit Commisso's after a club.  It would be the usual for me 'n the guys:  the veals, roast chicken, rice balls, potatoes and a lemon gelato.  To be younger, eat all that, sleep shortly afterwards and no weight gain, man. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: R.I.P. Adam Yauch : Wheats - You know your stuff.  Of course it was Commisso's either at the Ingram Drive spot or Eddystone which was closer to where I grew up.  They were among the very few places not downtown where you could grab a bite late.  In our youth we used to hit Commisso's after a club.  It would be the usual for me 'n the guys:  the veals, roast chicken, rice balls, potatoes and a lemon gelato.  To be younger, eat all that, sleep shortly afterwards and no weight gain, man. 

RHO, if you see me you will recognize me then. Especially if you went there between 1994 and 2002. I used to cook the books, too.

Anyway, you know what happened there in 2000 and again in 2002 - very sad. It is why I am no longer there. You know what I'm talking about, no doubt, and we'll leave at that. There could be eyes and ears everywhere.

It's good to see you turned out fine and are well. I believe you are teaching, if I remember correctly; some of the regulars did not fair so well. Quite a few are in prison or dead.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

I'm an Italian living in Panama and this thread is making me miss mamma!!!

And her gnocchis. Minguia!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yaso#7. Show Yaso#7's posts

First: 12/30/2009
    Last: 5/8/2012
    Not a big fan of Hip Hop--- don't consider it Music---- Led Zepplin-- now thats more up my alley.  But still sad to see anyone lose their struggle.
    Posted by Yaso#7

I don't consider Led Zepplin music.  I consider it noise with some high pitched woman screaming.

WOW--- Zepplin is one the best bands ever---- Robert Plant is amazing!   When the levee breaks---- gives me chills its so good.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]WOW--- Zepplin is one the best bands ever---- Robert Plant is amazing!    When the levee breaks---- gives me chills its so good.
    Posted by Yaso#7[/QUOTE]

A lot of people agree with you.  I don't.  I think Robert Plant sounds like a woman getting beat.  Or a Vancouver Canuck.  Pretty much all three are the same.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Well said NAS, re: Plant.

Come to think of it, rock music has always made me feel that way.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yaso#7. Show Yaso#7's posts

I 'll take a band and a bunch of guys that play their own instruments, writing their own music with melodies and substance over the opposite-- Hip Hop/Rap who sample other peoples music and make up words that don't even exist just to rhyme to put together what they call their own "song".

Singer songwriters/ people that can play acoustic sets without hesitation---- Jim Croce, James Taylor, Billy Joel (on piano), Gordon Lightfoot (for the Canadiens out their) etc.........

When MTV actually played music, they had a show "unplugged" that was outstanding.  Real Musicians and singers would perform to a small audience.  No lip syncing--- just great music.  You tube Mtv unplugged for Queenryche "silent lucidity"--- freakin amazing.

I had my own show 2x a week @ my college radio station back in the day---  It was a lot of fun!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Right on, Yaso!

Gordon Lightfoot used to kick my butt when I was a little guy. I'll explain that another day. If you ever run into Gordy ask him: "Do you remember Jinxy?"

Gordy wasn't doing to well, healthywise, for the past few years. But, he's coming around lately. Rumours of his death were premature.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: R.I.P. Adam Yauch : A lot of people agree with you.  I don't.  I think Robert Plant sounds like a woman getting beat.  Or a Vancouver Canuck.  Pretty much all three are the same.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

I'm open minded and my musical tastes reflect that, I'll listen to just *almost* everything, classical, electronica, industrial, punk, rap, rock...  except country western, very little I will listen to there, Dwight Yokum and Johnny Cash and that's about it.

I don't want to start a thread on this subject and this is as good a place to mention it as any - the one REALLY good thing about this post season is that it is pretty much troll free.  It's like a vacation or something.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: R.I.P. Adam Yauch : Wheats - You know your stuff.  Of course it was Commisso's either at the Ingram Drive spot or Eddystone which was closer to where I grew up.  They were among the very few places not downtown where you could grab a bite late.  In our youth we used to hit Commisso's after a club.  It would be the usual for me 'n the guys:  the veals, roast chicken, rice balls, potatoes and a lemon gelato.  To be younger, eat all that, sleep shortly afterwards and no weight gain, man. 

as the Archie Bunker song would end...... those were the days....