Rolling Four Approach Limits TOI for Top F's

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: Rolling Four Approach Limits TOI for Top F's

In Response to Rolling Four Approach Limits TOI for Top F's:
    [QUOTE]Kind of a "captain obvious" statement, right? Here is some data that highlights the impact: - NHL top-30 Forwards average 20:01 TOI - NHL 31-60 Forwards average 18:34 TOI - NHL 61-90 Forwards average 17:48 TOI Here are the top TOI Bruin Forwards: - Krejci- 19:31 (37th in NHL) - Bergeron- 17:51 (97th) - Horton- 16:52 (135th) - Lucic- 16:40 (141st) - Recchi- 15:57 (176th) - Wheeler- 15:34 (190th) Rolling Four approach takes ice time away from this team's top players.  The impact seems two-fold: 1) 4th-line being on the ice at inappropriate times (like last night) 2) Takes TOI away from top players & scorers for a team that is 15th in the NHL in Goals/GP One would think that with all of this additional rest for the top players, it would be easier to deliver a 60 minute effort.  The approach is not working, I would like to see CJ identify his top-6 forwards and prioritize their ice time.
    Posted by Crowls2424[/QUOTE]
    If he doesn't heed your advice soon I suspect CJ's days will be numbered.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

In FLA last year, Horton averaged 20:53 TOI per game.  He ranked 12th in the NHL in TOI.  I wonder how skating 4 fewer minutes per game impacts his ability to get in rhythm? 

Not an excuse, he needs to play better, but still have to wonder how a 19% reduction in minutes impacts his ability to get into the flow of the game.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Crowls, I've seen him do it the past 10 games but just baby steps.  He must revolutionize his thinking. He must !  or we'll be hearing Neely on the radio again.
    I was at the game and got caught up last night talking after the icing , then I see Campbell's line still on and couldn't believe my eyes !!!!  I didn't realize he couldn't take them off. I told te Hab fans with me that the Habs will score and there you go ! 
    I also called that within 5mins the Habs would go on the PP on a BS call. Well it was a trip and not BS  but just knew the Habs would go on PP.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

I think CJ's approach needs to change.

I want to see Krejci, Bergeron, Lucic and Horton start pushing 18-20 minutes per game, every game.  Add the next best 2 wingers to the mix and get to putting your best players on the ice more often. 

Savard is not ready to be one of the top-6, he just isn't playing well enough right now. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Rolling Four Approach Limits TOI for Top F's:
    [QUOTE]I think CJ's approach needs to change. I want to see Krejci, Bergeron, Lucic and Horton start pushing 18-20 minutes per game, every game.  Add the next best 2 wingers to the mix and get to putting your best players on the ice more often.  Savard is not ready to be one of the top-6, he just isn't playing well enough right now.   
    Yeah,as much as it irks the Savard fans out there,CJ can only show him so much loyalty before his job is in jeopardy.And rightly so.If Savard needs to be eased back in then fine but 1st line ice time obviously isn't the way to do it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

It seems that every post has some problem with how this bruins team is being managed. Any guess as to why so much discord? Claude and his coaching staff do noy appear to be doing the job. PC where are you???

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]It seems that every post has some problem with how this bruins team is being managed. Any guess as to why so much discord? Claude and his coaching staff do noy appear to be doing the job. PC where are you???
    Posted by bogie6[/QUOTE]

Ya , I think PC is managing this team on the basis of what a bunch of armchair QB's have to say on the Bruins board. The stupid comments and ideas far outweigh the smart ones. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Rolling Four Approach Limits TOI for Top F's:
    [QUOTE]Kind of a "captain obvious" statement, right? Here is some data that highlights the impact: - NHL top-30 Forwards average 20:01 TOI - NHL 31-60 Forwards average 18:34 TOI - NHL 61-90 Forwards average 17:48 TOI Here are the top TOI Bruin Forwards: - Krejci- 19:31 (37th in NHL) - Bergeron- 17:51 (97th) - Horton- 16:52 (135th) - Lucic- 16:40 (141st) - Recchi- 15:57 (176th) - Wheeler- 15:34 (190th) Rolling Four approach takes ice time away from this team's top players.  The impact seems two-fold: 1) 4th-line being on the ice at inappropriate times (like last night) 2) Takes TOI away from top players & scorers for a team that is 15th in the NHL in Goals/GP One would think that with all of this additional rest for the top players, it would be easier to deliver a 60 minute effort.  The approach is not working, I would like to see CJ identify his top-6 forwards and prioritize their ice time.

I brought up this point a while ago and Chowda gave me the backhanded slight about it in one of his rants.

For every second the fourth line is on the ice, a scoring line is not. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Rolling Four Approach Limits TOI for Top F's : I brought up this point a while ago and Chowda gave me the backhanded slight about it in one of his rants. For every second the fourth line is on the ice, a scoring line is not. 
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

LOL NAS ! Backhanded slights while ranting ? Merry Christmas  !

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Rolling Four Approach Limits TOI for Top F's : I brought up this point a while ago and Chowda gave me the backhanded slight about it in one of his rants. For every second the fourth line is on the ice, a scoring line is not. 

Seems like a common-sense solution?  Team has trouble playing consistent hockey, struggling with 60 minute effort and scoring goals.  Place greater accountability on your best players, but also give them the necessary ice time to be successful. 

How Shawn Thornton gets 12:22 last night is beyond me?  More TOI than Wheeler and close to the same TOI as Marchard.  Tornton's minutes per period actually peak in the 3rd period:
    1st period: 4:10
    2nd period: 3:55
    3rd period: 4:17

Here is Thornton's line vs The Habs in his last 8 games:
    2010-11 3gp 0-0-0 -2
    2009-10 5gp 0-0-0 -5

Just the guy that shouldn't be on the ice protecting a lead, especially against The Habs.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rolling Four Approach Limits TOI for Top F's : LOL NAS ! Backhanded slights while ranting ? Merry Christmas  !
    Posted by Chowdahkid-[/QUOTE]
    I thought that was awesome too.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]another sheep turning on humpty dumpty and the organization. What's happening here? In Response to Re: Rolling Four Approach Limits TOI for Top F's :
    Posted by Taz2424[/QUOTE]

TAZZ,  me you and your other nicknames have had head to heads but your sheep calling is kind of boring.
    True , I was as frustrated as you were last night especially surrounded within enemy territory but this is not the place to come a write off your frustrations. Take a pill ! 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsRock. Show BsRock's posts

CJ needs to go.  look what pittsburg did when they made a mid season change.  Please get him outta here soon.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rolling Four Approach Limits TOI for Top F's : LOL NAS ! Backhanded slights while ranting ? Merry Christmas  !

"6. If the 4th line had their minutes reduced then the guys who are paid to score goals would increase their production. Hey, I've got a great idea to cure the Bruins scoring woes. Dress only 9 forwards . They would probably lead the league in goals for."

It's how you do things.  It's expected.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Good catch NAS, I remember that "mocking" rant.  I guess Chowdah would rather see more Thornton, Campbell & Paille,  maybe we can all lobby for some more PP time for them.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rolling Four Approach Limits TOI for Top F's : "6. If the 4th line had their minutes reduced then the guys who are paid to score goals would increase their production. Hey, I've got a great idea to cure the Bruins scoring woes. Dress only 9 forwards . They would probably lead the league in goals for." It's how you do things.  It's expected.

Don't like my sarcastic style of posting ? I guess you've forgotten you, me and sandog from a year ago. Like you said back then "it's my style and I'm not changing it ". So yes , expect it as I do the gender bashing . It's how you do things too.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]Good catch NAS, I remember that "mocking" rant.  I guess Chowdah would rather see more Thornton, Campbell & Paille,  maybe we can all lobby for some more PP time for them.

How'd you know that's what I was thinking ? Yes, more PP for the 4th line. A sad attempt at humour !

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rolling Four Approach Limits TOI for Top F's : How'd you know that's what I was thinking ? More PP for the 4th line . Sad attempt at humour !

Not as much an attempt at humor as it was intended to mock you. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rolling Four Approach Limits TOI for Top F's : Not as much an attempt at humor as it was intended to mock you. 

Didn't have a very good effect either way .