1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigNickster. Show BigNickster's posts

Rolston is going to be half price

Could Rollie help a good team at 2.5 mil cap hit

Hate to see a strong Rival get him on the cheap and get better

Any thoughts

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Re: Rolston is going to be half price

In Response to Rolston is going to be half price:
    [QUOTE]Could Rollie help a good team at 2.5 mil cap hit Hate to see a strong Rival get him on the cheap and get better Any thoughts
    Posted by BigNickster[/QUOTE]

If he clears waivers (which is where I am assuming this post is going) he has to be sent down, and then attempted to be called back up before he would go for 1/2.. And at that point, I don't know if he would fall far enough for the bruins to pick him up off waivers..

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigNickster. Show BigNickster's posts

What are the rules.  If he comes up at half price, then which team has first picks and what is it based on

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

In Response to Re: Rolston is going to be half price:
    [QUOTE]What are the rules.  If he comes up at half price, then which team has first picks and what is it based on

I haven't looked at it, but typically, if being claimed off "reentry" waivers, which is the requirement for him to be at half price, teams at the bottom get the first crack.. as "bad" as boston has been I think they are still tied for 9th overall.. 18-20 other teams would have to pass on him first.. (Assuming its handled in similar fashion to the nfl) but I could be off.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]What are the rules.  If he comes up at half price, then which team has first picks and what is it based on
    Based on standings at the time I believe(worst to first).

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

if your talking about trading for him at the halfway point, (which his dollar cost is 2.5m) the bruins would have no where near enough cap space, but realistically, rolston is a similar player to bergeron..

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I think that Rolston at 2.5Mil would be an upgrade versus a few wingers the Bs have right now. Roler is correct though other teams that get to pick before Boston will not let Brian go pass them without putting in a claim good thought though. Lou has some work to do so does Murray of Ottawa what a mess.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]if your talking about trading for him at the halfway point, (which his dollar cost is 2.5m) the bruins would have no where near enough cap space, but realistically, rolston is a similar player to bergeron..
    Posted by rolerhoky19[/QUOTE]
    Similar but 12 years older and slightly more expensive.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigNickster. Show BigNickster's posts

What about Ryder at $4.0 Mil to Providence and Rollie in at 2.5
    Would that give the Bruins 1.5 or what

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

[QUOTE]What about Ryder at $4.0 Mil to Providence and Rollie in at 2.5 Would that give the Bruins 1.5 or what

You'd be playing with fire there.. Ryder has been productive this season whether fans like that or not.. You send him down, then you hope he is demoted by NJ, he still has to clear waivers to be called back up..

Meaning NJ has to send him down, and then decide to call him back up (which if they send him down he will stay down till play offs when they can call him up).

you cant sacrafice a roster player in hopes that that shakes out, you cant trade for rolston at 2.5m which is how I think your looking at it..

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

I've always liked Rolston.  I was sad to see him go.  But I've got a question, has he learned to hit the net with that bigtime slapper of his yet? 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlsonicCreations. Show OlsonicCreations's posts

I <3 Rolston

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from stingerjp. Show stingerjp's posts

Loved Rolston when he was here and he may be an upgrade over a couple of our current wingers BUT- he is not even worth half of his current $5mil(2.5M).

There are and will be better value available. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SteveM. Show SteveM's posts

Great point guy on the PP. And the PP is weak. If there is  a way around all of this cap crap, and the other technicalities, I'd like to see Brian back in Boston. And (personal note) he was my son's favorite player while here.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigPapaBear72. Show BigPapaBear72's posts

I'd get rid of Paille and Campbell and bring him in in a heartbeat. Getting rid of Paille and Campbell would free up enough space

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ergoetal. Show Ergoetal's posts

No way let Campbell go.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

Who the f**k cares. If the goal challenged Devils are releasing him, and there is no benefit to them Cap-wise, then what exactly do the B's want from him. He's 37, and is obviously done. 
    Use your noggin there folks.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Supposedly, they are just exposing him.  http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=546307

This means they want to see if another team will take him (and his entire cap hit) for 'free', and then Lamoriello would do a dance of joy.  He won't actually be assigned, and if no one claims him he stays on the team.  Since he won't be assigned, I assume he'd never be on re-entry waivers.  That's how that works, right?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Rolston is going to be half price:[QUOTE] No way let Campbell go. Posted by Ergoetal[/QUOTE]

Greg isn't going anywhere he'll be the 4th line center for years to come.

DrCC, I don't know if Rolston stays up with the big club because Lamoriello has got to do something with that 5Mil he needs some better defense in front of Broduer.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrbruin4. Show mrbruin4's posts

There were no takers for Rolston and Lou never sent him to AHL.   He was hoping some Gm was drunk and would have scooped him up.  Even if  he went to AHL his full salary counts vs the cap as it is an over 35 contract

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://twitter.com/DarrenDreger

"Will be interesting to see if Rolston is claimed at half price. A couple of teams said they would consider it when he was orig waived."

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

I don't see the Bruins moving for him unless several people end up on the LTIR. I could see him landing in Carolina or Columbus, both teams are more in need of D than O, but both are also within striking distance of a playoff spot. While accuntability is clearly a foreign concept in Hurricane country, I don't think the GM in Columbus should go ordering ang more custom stationary of they can't get into the playoffs this year and out of the first round.

In Response to Rolston is going to be half price:
    [QUOTE]Could Rollie help a good team at 2.5 mil cap hit Hate to see a strong Rival get him on the cheap and get better Any thoughts

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

If they best way to spend $2.5M is on Brian Rolston, all we can do is wait until at least 2011 for a Cup parade.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Keep in mind:  He's half price, but that's half off the bad contract he was given by the Devils.  He should have checked in around $3-3.5M, not $5M.