Rookie Camp

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Re: Rookie Camp

It's 91 in Coral Springs.  I wonder where NAS is.  I wonder if they are on the ice for warm ups.  I wonder if they'll split the goalies or have one all the way through.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

The PP questions come down to "boy, I wish they had different personnel or played a different system."  If they had personnel more adept at the PP, they'd have a better PP regardless of who's diagramming it.  Four years straight of lousy PP tells me it's not just coaching.  If a better PP means personnel changes - probably in the top six, and probably at least one C - I'm not sure I care. 

That said, I'm not sure the PP won't be much better this year with Eriksson and Iginla.  Iginla's had double digit PPG 11 of the last 13 years (counting last year's 6 as 10 over 82 games), and he's never had fewer than 8.  Eriksson has a 10 PPG season to his credit, and, though he hasn't been a consistent PP triggerman, I think he has the skills for it.

Are you not entertained?!?!

My hoping that Krug will help the PP, was based on the importance the B's system, seems to place on their pointmen.
    To have someone say that a better PP would not only, not make them even better than they are, it could possibly make them worse?

That is beyond silly.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Having a potent PP should actually help at 5 on 5 because the opposition would be wary of making any infractions.  I agree with the premise that it doesn't matter how goals are scored as long as they keep going in but like most others, I see nothing but positives resulting from a better PP.

"wow,check out all of the losers in here......"

-Gerry Dee

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Better PP...without changing the personnel on the club, then sure.  That would be nice.  Making roster changes that mean you get more PP goals without considering the other skills of the players involved could be moving backwards.  Easily.  Like the Flames acquiring Cammalleri.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

We could have the parts already Book - lets just wait and see how Krug, Iggy and Hamilton mesh into the PP thiis year, or if Joe Morrow can show some PP skill in camp. It may not be sacraficing anything if the new talent includes players who can be plugged into the role and either still play the PK and 5-5, or instead be plugged in when needed for the PP and get limited icetime in other scenarios, which is something that may be done with one of the rookie D.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"IF" master-of-the-whiteboard Ward allows what works to continue and doesn't change the #1 PP when it works. I have to think Chiarelli did look at Erikssons and Iginlas Powerplay success when aquiring the two. Not a deciding factor but it didn't hurt. 

The 90' and 91', two of my top 5 Bruins teams, were great PP teams. I think it was a big part of their success.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

From Bruins tweets

B's rookies get goals from Camara, Trotman, Khokhlachev & Villemaire (2) but end tied 5-5 w/TBL

power play goal from Zach Trotman in the second

lineup

Embedded image permalink

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Thanks BH. Exhibition or not, you must be pumped to see Tommy Cross on the lineup card.

-Gerry Dee

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

Thanks BH. Exhibition or not, you must be pumped to see Tommy Cross on the lineup card.

-Gerry Dee

"pumped" isn't the word.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

[QUOTE]

-Gerry Dee

"pumped" isn't the word.

[/QUOTE]

I sure wish I could've seen some highlights regardless.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Or at least read some reports

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Highlights:  http://video.bruins.nhl.com/videocenter/console?hcatid=977&id=443266&lang=en&navid=DL|BOS|home

First couple of goals looked pretty good - nice shot by Trotman.  The Villemaire goals...well, the first one was okay.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

They coughed up a lead in the 3rd period with less than a minute left?

Who was coaching?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://video.panthers.nhl.com/videocenter/console?catid=93

NAS is just going to love his PantherVision throughout the season.

@kluedeke29

"Jared Knight had a fine reputation in jr for breakaway/shootout scoring. Blurry-fast release. Saw it yesterday vs. Gudlevskis."

Luedeke was saying that the game(s) might streamed live today.

http://hockeyjournal.com/blog/kirks/Video-_Bruins_tie_Lightning-_5-5-_in_rookie_tourney_opener

"Following the Bruins' 5-5 tie with the Tampa Bay Lightning in their rookie tournament opener, our Kirk Luedeke caught up with defenseman Zach Trotman, center Ryan Spooner and P-Bruins coach Bruce Cassidy."

Cassidy is goingto need allot from Spooner and Trotman this season.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Couldnt find any highlights, just an interview with Cassidy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GWMvhKJ9As

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Highlights:  http://video.bruins.nhl.com/videocenter/console?hcatid=977&id=443266&lang=en&navid=DL|BOS|home

First couple of goals looked pretty good - nice shot by Trotman.  The Villemaire goals...well, the first one was okay.

Not bad if it weren't for the 3rd period collapse

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Legion:

FIRE ALL COACHES!

Sincerely,

Bookboy

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Legion:

FIRE ALL COACHES!

Sincerely,

Bookboy

I wasn't going to say it first, but it needed to be said.

After all, how long are we supposed to tolerate these 3rd period meltdowns?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Bruins up 4-0 in the first!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Hellooooooo

Anybody out there?

Tom OBrien?

NAS?

Maybe even Fluto or Dups want to tell us what happened at the rookie games?

Anyone?

knock knock knock.

Is anyone alive?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TomOBrien. Show TomOBrien's posts

Hey Everyone,

Just rolled out of bed...almost five hour driving each way to the game...it was nice to get a "hockey-fix". I met Peter Chiarelli in front of the arena....that was a thrill. I felt like a dope. He was nice enough to stop and take a moment when I looked dead at him and said...Peter Chiarelli? and he stopped and shook my hand...all I could say is "thank you for the cup"...ugh, what a dork. LOL

Anyway, If you could seat 200 in there it was probably allot...not optimal to view the game unfortunately, so my comments are not going to be as good as someone else i.e media that was on the upper level center ice...no one allowed up there. Hey, free admission, free parking...anything I got to see was worth the drive...

I still don't know who scored for the B's.

Spooner by far looked the best...agile, quick hands, pushed the play.

Others took turns getting involved...Camara, Knight, Lindblad. Koko is pretty quick...deceptive with nifty hands...shifty player.

B's did not win a fight...saw Camara gamely go with a bigger guy that overpowered him.

When the B's were winning (first period) they were really hitting and taking the play to the Panthers...they seemed to ease up, not sure why and it allowed the Panthers back in...

Seemed like Dempsey was looking for a dance partner and no one on the Panthers wanted any part of him...he tried and tried.

Trotman and Cross were far better than the other d-men...Morrison played the whole game, allowed a softy glove side and the B's d let a guy walk in from the corner, dipsy doodle and five hole for the fifth goal...I was not impressed with him at all...B's lost 5 - 4.

Some dude in skinny jeans kept standing in front of a bunch of us...I laughed and thought it might be one of the bloggers from this site...not sure who though...strangely he wanted to spend more time talking to some other guy, texting and drinking a micro brew...could have been cider...

The stadium reminded me a bit of the Skate Three in Tyngsboro...but with only two rinks and not nearly the set up...still, for Florida, it was very nice.

If you were a real hockey geek...draftnik, this would have been the place to be...all te prospects were out and mingling...stretching, kicking a soccer ball around, running etc...

I bleed hockey, but I don't know these kids up close. My daughter thinks Camara, Cross and Griffith are the cutest...Griffith needs to grow...looked like a boy among men...

We have some pic's...I will try to post them later.

Sorry for the lousy report. I also wanted a Tourney T shirt...none to be had...another missed marketing opportunity...they just don't seem to get it down here...

I found a more professional link about the game for everyone.

http://www.csnne.com/article/baby-bruins-fall-panther-rookies-florida

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

Hellooooooo

Anybody out there?

Tom OBrien?

NAS?

Maybe even Fluto or Dups want to tell us what happened at the rookie games?

Anyone?

knock knock knock.

Is anyone alive?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Thank you T OB!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Game recaps and box scores on the bruins.nhl.com site.  There was video of the game vs. the Bolts, but not the Panthers.  Panthers ugly enough to break cameras?

Or just Morrisson's goaltending?  That guy is pure seat-filler.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Spinell with three assists yesterday, too.

25. This post has been removed.