Rookie of the Year?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from stingerjp. Show stingerjp's posts

Rookie of the Year?

Coming down to the wire, there are a handful of guys in the running for rookie of the year honors.  With Hall's recent injury, i'd say he's out of consideration for the top spot.

This leaves Skinner(CAR), Couture(SJ), Grabner(NYI), and Marchand.  We all know Marchand has been pretty hot since he's been promoted from the 4th line. Will he finish strong and win the ROY award??? Are there any dark horses not named here?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Re: Rookie of the Year?

Crawford may have a shot as well in chicago if he keeps it up.  If they are basing it purely on points then yes.  Crawford in goal would be in the talk.  And what about the young pairing in Washington of Alzner and Carlson.  They are playing shut down minutes and are rookies.  I hate when dmen don get mentioned b/c it is 10 times harder to play defense in the NHL, especially as a rookie.

The last 1/4 should open up the gap. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I think it'll come down to Couture and Crawford being the conversation and Couture being named.  On a team with bigtime goal scorers Marleau and Killer Dany, Couture is tied for the team lead in goals.

It's pretty tough to argue for anyone else.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaymiller. Show jaymiller's posts

In Response to Re: Rookie of the Year?:
    [QUOTE]Crawford may have a shot as well in chicago if he keeps it up.  If they are basing it purely on points then yes.  Crawford in goal would be in the talk.  And what about the young pairing in Washington of Alzner and Carlson.  They are playing shut down minutes and are rookies.  I hate when dmen don get mentioned b/c it is 10 times harder to play defense in the NHL, especially as a rookie. The last 1/4 should open up the gap. 
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

Crawford is 26 years old therefore not legible.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaymiller. Show jaymiller's posts

In Response to Re: Rookie of the Year?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rookie of the Year? : Crawford is 26 years old therefore not legible.
    Posted by jaymiller[/QUOTE]

I stand corrected ~ apparently the cut off date is Sept.15 ..... Corey was born Dec.31/84