Round 1 player grades..

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Round 1 player grades..

In response to mattbs' comment:

Yes they played very nervous at times.  You don't agree NAS?  Also, if you read all my posts you would see that my problem was mostly with Marchand, Seguin, Peverly, Kelly and Juliene.... So grow up already.

For the record, I really believe the Leafs had the better of the play for the most part of the series.  We got the more the timely scoring and better goaltending. Thats my opinion.

Your opinion was also that at 8:09pm, the game was over.  No, I don't think they played scared.  I thought they played like grown men, not scared little kittens with their panties brown. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

In response to bim09's comment:

In response to kelvana33's comment:

Seguins play alone in front of the net last night when he got his skate on the puck to keep it there is worth a bump up of a grade. he had no chance of getting his stick on it, but didnt give up. he may not have scored, but he got his chances.

He is going to light up the Rangers.

That's what 2nd overall picks are suppose to do.  We'll see though.

Well, if that's the case, most 2nd overall picks are disappointments.

Seguin, Hedman, Doughty, VanRiemsdyk, Jordan Staal, Bobby Ryan, Malkin, Eric Staal, Lehtonen, Spezza, Heatley, Dan Sedin, Legwand, Marleau, Zyuzin, Redden, Tverdovsky, Pronger, Yashin, Fat Balloon, Nedved, Chyzowski, Linden, Shanahan, Carson, Simpson, Muller, Sylvain Turgeon...

Players in bold are or were capable of lighting up the opponent.

I beg to differ.  Pronger has always been a game changer.  Malkin's a threat every time he's on the ice.  Staal, Doughty, Shanahan and Muller have all shown they are/were big factors in the playoffs.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

bim you missed the sarcasm behind NAS' post...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

But mattbs, this is why you're getting crap for being so reactionary and sounding foolish

On April 20th you said:

We got nothing...

posted at 4/20/2013 3:18 PM EDT

Against a Pittsburg team with the likes of the hated cook, db igilna and jokinen with no Crosby and Malkin and yet I see nothing positive in the Bruins. On a Our captain is not intimadating, goaltening is mediocre, heart is non exisitent, skill is mediocre, dumb insignificant penalties at key points, no snipers, slow defense, we don't win fights, a coach who looks like he is putting lines together like he is drawing straws and the "most feared" power forward in the press box.

How can the fans keep remaining positive?

Then on May 15th, you say:

I agree for the most part.  I gave the forth line a little higher marks because I think they mostly outplayed the Leafs fourth line and did their job well as far as hitting and keeping the puck in the offensive zone.

Rask A

Defence ....Chara A Boychuck  B Siedy B-  Ferrence C  MacQuaid C 

Centre..... Campbell B  Krejci A  Bergy B (Game 7 A+)  Kelly C-  Peverly D+  Marchand C+  Seguin C+

LW....Looch B+ (Game 7 A++) Thorton B  Paille B+

RW...Jagr C+ Horton B

So, suddenly (in 25 days!) Rask went from mediocre to getting an 'A'.  Chara is suddenly an 'A'.  You went from seeing "nothing positive in the Bruins" to giving half of them As and Bs.  For the people here that saw this team as largely the same a month ago as it is now, it's hard not to object to your emotional swings and reactionary whims.

This is the same team we saw in April, and instead of writing them off before and during the playoff series, you could just have a little faith and root for them to win.  There are people who saw this victory coming, but you make it less fun here by dumping your 'sky-is-falling' misery on everybody, only to admit afterwards that there are plenty enough As and Bs on this team to win.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to bogie6's comment:

Guess i watch a different game sometimes. Seguin played an all around game and made sure his defense was solid. He had some shots, but was not using his linemates as well as he has in the past. Chara is still a solid D, but, he is making more mistakes due to slower moves; holding the puck too long which slows the attack; screening Rask too much and not blocking the puck as much when screening, causing rebounds and scrambles netfront; making long passes that end up as icing. Others contribute to some of these mistakes by not being where he expects them to be, but, IMO Z is not as formidable, and the faster game is showing up his mistakes. Horton came through in the clutch as he has done before, but, overall he watched too much in most games. Looch came alive in the last three games, but usually in spurts; Marchand had to be hurting as his game wasn't there until the end; Boychuck is Boychuck; loves the rough and tumble, and then has a brain clamp. Jagr does have some prime skills like puck control[ mostly], but his style has not fit in well with the Bruins. just my observations and opinions

No you seem to watch a different game ALL THE TIME! lol For you to still be nitpicking Chara & how he led that hobbled defence is beyond me. Your nit picking is insulting a lot of the times! 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

But mattbs, this is why you're getting crap for being so reactionary and sounding foolish

Attaboi Fletch! You tell him...wagon jumpin piece of kief! 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

The B's won the series. They all get an A+ as a team.

Individually- I give Kelly a F & Peverly a D, because he was awesome at the dot.

I give Jagr an B-, because he didn't pout, he didn't whine, he didn't show his frustration as much as he would've in the past. He tried to do too much ONLY because his linemates were atroshish. He worked his butt off for being a 41 yr old Jagr. He wasn't a distraction to the team at all. He was smiling & laughing and he even made Kessel smile during a skirmish. That rubs off on a team.

Marchand I give a C for his game 7 play & left his mark on the game winner. Other than that he really struggled & if I find out he was playing hurt. I'll change my grade for him. He was the B's leading scorer this season & he didn't play like it. 

DK, Chara, Boychuk & SEGUIN I give an A. Seguin didn't score, but I honestly never seen the kid work this hard. He wasn't performing offense, so he turned it on defensively. He still was showing up to play every game. Yes, he needs to score but it wasn't from lack of effort. Boychuck blocking shots, hitting, & playing decent d was enough for me. Yea he made some mistakes, but so did DK, so did Rask.

The whole 4th line gets a B- from me. Far too many times they were ones who finally got a decent shift with some substained pressure in the Leafs zone. They're considered the best 4th line in hockey & they deserve to have this grade for showing that they are.

Lucic- A+ the guy was a beast in this series & IMHO showed the world why he's the best power forward on the planet.

Bergeron- A+- Big players show up for big games & he showed up! 

Rask- A+++++++++++++++++++- Yea he let in some iffy's, but without him this series was over in 5 games. He made so many quality stops & gave the B's a chance to win every nite. 2 of his losses was when he allowed 2 goals. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

Just shocking to see the low grades for Campbell/Paille/Thornton. That line was incredible in the Leafs series... in fact, in my opinion they outpreformed the Bergeron line and the Kelly line in terms of scoring chances/offensive zone time/hits and they did it in less TOI.

People don't realize what makes a good shift for a 4th line

- Get a faceoff in the offensive zone (so your scoring line can replace you)
    - Draw a penalty
    - Make a big hit 
    - Consume clock without giving up a goal

Getting shots and goals are really an added bonus that should not be expected out of the 4th line.

Campbell was regularly a force in the offensive zone at times when the rest of the Bruins offense was MIA (minus the Krejci Line)

We owe that series to Lucic and David Krejci because they rose to the occassion and played above expectations when it mattered. However, the 4th line also showed up when it mattered. They aren't gifted scorers but they were effective in their role while a heck of a lot of Bruins players were completely MIA.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from fishfinger. Show fishfinger's posts

In response to Olsonic's comment:

Just shocking to see the low grades for Campbell/Paille/Thornton. That line was incredible in the Leafs series... in fact, in my opinion they outpreformed the Bergeron line and the Kelly line in terms of scoring chances/offensive zone time/hits and they did it in less TOI.

People don't realize what makes a good shift for a 4th line

- Get a faceoff in the offensive zone (so your scoring line can replace you)
    - Draw a penalty
    - Make a big hit 
    - Consume clock without giving up a goal

Getting shots and goals are really an added bonus that should not be expected out of the 4th line.

Campbell was regularly a force in the offensive zone at times when the rest of the Bruins offense was MIA (minus the Krejci Line)

We owe that series to Lucic and David Krejci because they rose to the occassion and played above expectations when it mattered. However, the 4th line also showed up when it mattered. They aren't gifted scorers but they were effective in their role while a heck of a lot of Bruins players were completely MIA.

good post!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Thinking in terms that include overall play and trend: 1) Z-the best, consistent rock of Gibralter, without him there is no Bruins playoff run; 2) Krejci - great series with a bit of a downtrend due to fatigue/hits,etc. (think skating speed on break outs); 3) Rask - strong series but downtrend in leaving some loose rebounds (excellent goalie, but he's not a man possessed like Timmy was - probably not a popular thing to say, but oh well); 4) Lucic - very good series, except for a krap game 6 (didn't hardly skate) but willed the team to victory in game 7...whooooooooa! 5)Bergie - tough series due to post concussion caution or effect but seems to have come out of the daze in style; 6) Seguin - looked slow as well, but the trend was imrpovement in game 6 and a strong game 7 including a huge assist on the winning goal; 7) Marchand - remains to be seen if he comes out of the post concussion daze, if he does the second line will be tough to handle for any team; 8) Bartkowsi - if game 7 is the true indication, he's ready, willing and able; 9) Horton - played a good series, up and down but more up than down...the only sniper on the team they need him to stay healthy - keep that head up Nate; 11) Jagr - starting to fit a little better; tough game 6 as well; opens a lot of space for point shooters on the power play (like he did for Bergy on the winning goal) since he needs to be paid attention to; 12) fourth line played well all series...