Re: Round One Grades
posted at 4/29/2011 9:07 AM EDT
In Response to Re: Round One Grades
[QUOTE]Peverley is starting to become my favorite Bruin all over the ice the whole series like my favorite Bruin Nifty if only he could snipe like Rick. Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]
Couldn't agree with you more. Peverly and Bergeron strike me as very similar, and I am VERY excited about the fact he's returning next year. Can you imagine a healthy & productive Savard, Bergeron, Peverly, Krejci, Kelly, Campbell and Seguin. Dear Lord...
Anyway. Off topic. Since different guys have different talent, and ice time is a factor, I tend to grade on a curve. It's about maximizing potential and chances as opposed to overall play. My ranks in order of "impressiveness":A Grades - outstanding
1. Bergeron (A+) Can't ask for more.
2. Peverly (A) Makes that 3rd line go.
3. Marchand (A) I forget he's a rookie.
4. Kelly (A-) Way above expectations.
5. Thomas (A-) 4 wins. All I care about. Came up big w/ game on the line.
6. Ference (A-) After all the crap, the Bs best D in Round 1B Grades - above expectations
7. Horton (B+) Early jitters, but clutch.
8. Seidenberg (B+) Always solid. Would be higher if not for early mistakes.
9. Ryder (B) Beast in 3 games. Average in other 4.
10. Recchi (B) Value on and off the ice.
11. McQuaid (B-) Can we say he carried his partner?
12. Boychuck (B-) Mostly mistake free.C Grades - met expectations
13. Chara (C+) Expectations for Chara are high, and he can also improve.
14. Paille (C) Not much of an impact, but also low expectations.
15. Campbell (C-) He's better than this. Needs to make more of his chances.
16. Thornton (C-) Did he play? Didn't notice...D Grades - below expectations
17. Lucic (D) We know the story here. Waiting for him to take over a game.
18. Krejci (D-) Sigh. I'm a huge fan, but really needs to find a higher compete level.
19. Kaberle (D-) Looking less like a #2 and more like a #6. Not a bad #6, but that wasn't the reason he was brought in.