Ruff canned.....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dawoodguy. Show dawoodguy's posts

Ruff canned.....

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=416441

Wonder who will take the reins?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Re: Ruff canned.....

Wow.  I saw they waived McCormick today and thought they were just going to make some personnel changes.  I'm surprised.  Not saying its the wrong move, just saying I'm surprised.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

wow.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

Is Craig Ramsey coaching anywhere right now?  Feel like he's a pretty smart coach and didnt really get a fair chance once the Thrashers moved the Winnipeg.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucdufour. Show lucdufour's posts

Not too surprised here...They made a ton of personnel changes over the past few years with nothing to show for it.  The results continued to decline despite the changes so he was the next logical piece to go.   

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dawoodguy. Show dawoodguy's posts

In response to DaveyN's comment:

Is Craig Ramsey coaching anywhere right now?  Feel like he's a pretty smart coach and didnt really get a fair chance once the Thrashers moved the Winnipeg.  

Ramsey would be a great choice...IIRC Ruff and Ramsey played together too so a bit of irony too...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Long overdue in my opinion. Interesting the story does not mention a replacement or even possibilities.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

Long overdue in my opinion. Interesting the story does not mention a replacement or even possibilities.

Agreed, hate his attitude during press conferences and post game interviews.  One of the coaches i really disliked in the NHL.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

What about Dale Hawerchuk? He has strong Buffalo ties and has been proving himself down in Barrie.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Agreed, hate his attitude during press conferences and post game interviews.  One of the coaches i really disliked in the NHL.

Me too. His teams seem to play the victim card way too much (diving and yapping at the refs), something I believe they learned from Lindy. I always prayed for Neely to come down from upstairs and beat him again just for old time's sake.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I think if the the Sabres didnt come back and beat the Bruins last Friday he would have been fired after that game. It's been building for awhile now in Buffalo.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from gord11. Show gord11's posts

The likes of John Scott on the roster showed that Ruff had lost the plot.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Good riddance. I didn't like him one bit. That timeout at the end of the game still irks me.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Lindy was like week old bread,stale.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

looks like Rochester coach Ron Rolston is taking over:

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=656635&navid=nhl:topheads

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

Not surprised. That team has been the very definition of mediocrity for quite some time.

Not that Darcy Regier gave him a lot to work with recently.

Needed change.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Yah he defenitely got a raw deal in Atlanta for sure, always liked him.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

Abolutely agree, long overdue. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Management should have called a timeout 13.6 seconds before firing him... and let John Scott deliver the bad news.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"With a 571-432-162 record, Ruff was the winningest coach in franchise history; only Al Arbour, who won 740 games with the New York Islanders, has more NHL victories with one team."

Whether you like him or not he will be coaching again.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I dislike his approach but he had a long 15 year career.  Survived 3 different prime ministers and 40 philly goalie changes and 9 different habs coaches.  Anyone else see this on tsn.  

Long run, he will resurface very soon.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

In response to gord11's comment:

I think the B's forced not only Buffalo, but the Habs as well, to add some grit to their game.  Both teams have, so it will be interesting to see how this all shakes out.  One thing is for sure, the B's really haven't played with an edge yet, but it will come because they will have to answer sooner or later.  It almost seems like they're on the defensive this year, waiting to see how hard other teams are going to push them.  Not sure I like them in that position though.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to hangnail's comment:

In response to gord11's comment:

I think the B's forced not only Buffalo, but the Habs as well, to add some grit to their game.  Both teams have, so it will be interesting to see how this all shakes out.  One thing is for sure, the B's really haven't played with an edge yet, but it will come because they will have to answer sooner or later.  It almost seems like they're on the defensive this year, waiting to see how hard other teams are going to push them.  Not sure I like them in that position though.

hang,

we can add the Canucks to that list of teams being Bruin-prompted to increase their testicular fortitiude.  Conceivably had the Bruins won both games against Buffalo would Ruff be shown the door sooner?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

hang,

we can add the Canucks to that list of teams being Bruin-prompted to increase their testicular fortitiude.  Conceivably had the Bruins won both games against Buffalo would Ruff be shown the door sooner?

[/QUOTE]

Yeah RHO I think he would have.  I have a buddy who is a season ticketholder and he's ecstatic!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I don't know him as a person, so I don't hate him.

I respect the fact that he held his job for that long.  Some great coaches have been hired and fired or relieved since Ruff's first day.

They traded Roy for Ott and signed John Scott.  Can't really blame Ruff for his team blowing sheep this season.