Rumors flying tracker

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Re: Rumors flying tracker

In response to fanonymost's comment:

Lucic - Krejci - Seguin

Marchand - Bergeron - Peverley

Soderberg - Kelly - Caron

Paille - Campbell - Thornton

I think this is probably the opening lineup at forward in a few months unless a rookie (Spooner, other) really impresses in camp.

PC will likely hold the fort until the trade deadline then try and fix whatever is broken, much like what he tried to do last season when he kept Bourque with the team for so long, attempting to make it to the deadline.

As for the d corp it will be Chara, Seidenberg, Boychuk, Hamilton, Krug, and McQuaid with Bart waiting until someone falters or McQuaid has his usual annual  injury....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"I do not see this as strong enough offensively to compete for a Cup."

Just about the same lineup that just lost the cup with Horton. Yes Chiarelli should stand pat and hope he doesn't have  to make trades at the deadline becuase of injuries.

Leave the 3rd line alone it's fine!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucdufour. Show lucdufour's posts

Agreed SanDog...this team was basically .500 when Horton went down to miss a good portion of the regular season and playoffs in the year after the Cup win.  They will sorely miss his scoring touch and complement to DK and Lucic.  They will need to replace his offense and size in the Top 6.  The lineup is not good enough to be one of the elite teams unless he is replaced By someone not on the current roster.

Luc Dufour was as tough as Nails.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

@DarrenDreger 

Smith's extension with the Coyotes is still being finalized. Sounds like closer to $5.7 per year x 6 yrs.

Pretty good haul for a guy with some average stats playing in Tippett's stifling D first system:

http://www.nhl.com/ice/playerstats.htm?season=20122013&gameType=2&team=PHX&position=G&country=&status=&viewName=summary#?navid=nav-sts-indiv

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

I could see, moving Kelly to get some cap room for a RW. Campbell could move up to the 3rd line Center position. Paille and Peverley could flank him.

I don't think the Bruins can afford the luxury of having Campbell and Paille on the 4th line. for at least, this season.

I see a 4th line of Soderberg centering Daugavins and Thornton.

Spooner and Caron would be the 1st callups in case of injuries, although at some point, Caron will have to clear waivers to be called up, or sent down.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

SDJ & JMW - 

if Chiarelli stands pat due to salary cap restrictions, the d-corps is solid but the lines could end up like this : 

Lucic - Krejci - Seguin

I do not see this as strong enough offensively to compete for a Cup.

One thought I have been kicking around is the possibility of trading Seidenberg for a top-six RW to skate with Lucic & Krejci. Sign Redden for short money as 7th defenseman.

Lines might then be : 

Lucic - Krejci - TBD

Paille - Kelly - Seguin

Soderberg - Campbell - Caron

This is a twelve-pack that could realy allow CJ to roll four lines and keep the troops fresh while having enough offensive punch to overcome an occasion gaff by any of our young defensemen.

Thornton can stay only if his salary fits. I would make it a goal to reduce Chara's workload during the regular season. He is awesome and I want him at his very best once the playoffs begin.

Thoughts???

PS - I am a long-time reader of this discussion board, just recently decided to sign-on and chime in.

I think the opening day roster will be close to this.  The only difference I see happening would be if another PBruin beats out Caron.  Then, Caron would be the 13th FW.  I don't see any changes in our D with Bartkowski being the 7th D.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to biggskye's comment:

I could see, moving Kelly to get some cap room for a RW. 

He is on the 2nd year of a 4 year deal. He negotiated for a full no-trade clause in his conrtact.

I doubt he's going anywhere at this current time.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

@DarrenDreger 

Smith's extension with the Coyotes is still being finalized. Sounds like closer to $5.7 per year x 6 yrs.

Pretty good haul for a guy with some average stats playing in Tippett's stifling D first system:

Yep real good!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Soderberg is the wild card for next year.  We really don't know much about him yet.  Sure, he's played a few games, but his role and his linemates haven't stayed consistent, and you can't underestimate what a camp will do for getting him acclimated to the NA game.  And I love his confidence when they asked him about jumping into a Stanley Cup Final.  "It's Hockey."  Reminded me of Thomas's "I think I have a pretty good idea how to play goal and I'm not taking any advice at this time."

Now, he could still wet the bed, and in that case, maybe he ends up on the fourth line.  Or in Malmo.  But I don't think that happens.  He was brought in to play an offensive role, and I think they'll find a place for him in the top six.  I think that has to be plan A, because plan A can't include promoting Peverley, and there will be two RW spots open.  Soderberg can't play RW, so there will be some adjustment, but I think they'll want him up there.

Are you not entertained?!?!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

Soderberg is the wild card for next year.  We really don't know much about him yet.  Sure, he's played a few games, but his role and his linemates haven't stayed consistent, and you can't underestimate what a camp will do for getting him acclimated to the NA game.  And I love his confidence when they asked him about jumping into a Stanley Cup Final.  "It's Hockey."  Reminded me of Thomas's "I think I have a pretty good idea how to play goal and I'm not taking any advice at this time."

Now, he could still wet the bed, and in that case, maybe he ends up on the fourth line.  Or in Malmo.  But I don't think that happens.  He was brought in to play an offensive role, and I think they'll find a place for him in the top six.  I think that has to be plan A, because plan A can't include promoting Peverley, and there will be two RW spots open.  Soderberg can't play RW, so there will be some adjustment, but I think they'll want him up there.

Yeah I agree and I thought he handled himself pretty damn well in the two games he played in. Really I thought he generated some good offense in those limited oppurtunities...it looked like he picked up the sytem well too. I also noticed him getting his stick into passing lanes like you are supposed to in the playoffs, I didn't think he looked out of place at all. He's a big guy and he's got some serious skills.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

[QUOTE]

Lucic - Krejci - Seguin

I think this is probably the opening lineup at forward in a few months unless a rookie (Spooner, other) really impresses in camp.

PC will likely hold the fort until the trade deadline then try and fix whatever is broken, much like what he tried to do last season when he kept Bourque with the team for so long, attempting to make it to the deadline.

As for the d corp it will be Chara, Seidenberg, Boychuk, Hamilton, Krug, and McQuaid with Bart waiting until someone falters or McQuaid has his usual annual  injury....

[/QUOTE]

I hope you are wrong on this. This is a serious downgrade. Soderberg and Caron won't cut it. I know it was only a small sample size but neither were impressive during their stints with the Bruins.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

@MartinBrodeur

"Good Luck to my son @abrodeur30 today at the @NHL Draft"

Here is a cool story to todays draft. What it must be like for a dad and a family to watch.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

In response to biggskye's comment:

I could see, moving Kelly to get some cap room for a RW. 

He is on the 2nd year of a 4 year deal. He negotiated for a full no-trade clause in his conrtact.

I doubt he's going anywhere at this current time.

I believe that the precedent has been set, that players with NTC's can be traded.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cashman72. Show Cashman72's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

[QUOTE]

Yeah I agree and I thought he handled himself pretty damn well in the two games he played in. Really I thought he generated some good offense in those limited oppurtunities...it looked like he picked up the sytem well too. I also noticed him getting his stick into passing lanes like you are supposed to in the playoffs, I didn't think he looked out of place at all. He's a big guy and he's got some serious skills.

[/QUOTE]

True but 2 games isn't the acid tes I'd like to see what he can do for a full seaon. leave the 3rd line intact and bring up someone from P. Don't think we have cap spacefor much else. What I like in all these theads is there's no mention of S. Thorton. it's time for him to go...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

@TSNBobMcKenzie: Will VAN's Alex Edler get "Jeff Carter-ed"? (Traded right before his NTC kicks in). I'd say there's a decent chance Edler gets "Carter-ed."

@DarrenDreger: Edler's availability has a number of teams intrigued. Understandably, asking price is said to be high."

Gillis is dreaming if he thinks he's going to get allot for either Edler or Loungo. Salary dumps don't work that way.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

In response to Cashman72's comment:

True but 2 games isn't the acid tes I'd like to see what he can do for a full seaon. leave the 3rd line intact and bring up someone from P. Don't think we have cap spacefor much else. What I like in all these theads is there's no mention of S. Thorton. it's time for him to go...

We don't need to talk about Thornton because he isn't going anywhere.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Unfortunately Thornton is still going to be there, so let's speculate. Peverly [$3.2] and Boychuck [3.4] could be trade bait cash for a strong goal scoring right wing; Seguin will probably agree to $7m for 5yrs. or $6m for longer. The second option fits with his declared "Bruins forever" quote and he knows Chia needs cap space. Soderberg will be on the team at center, so either Kelly or Campbell will play the wing. Ference or Horton "rights" could return a mid-1st round pick. I like the Caron/Cleary comparison for a late bloomer. It's all up to Caron. My preference on D would be Chara/Seidenberg; Krug/McQ; and Bartkowski/Hamilton

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to bogie6's comment:

Unfortunately Thornton is still going to be there, so let's speculate. Peverly [$3.2] and Boychuck [3.4] could be trade bait cash for a strong goal scoring right wing; Seguin will probably agree to $7m for 5yrs. or $6m for longer. The second option fits with his declared "Bruins forever" quote and he knows Chia needs cap space. Soderberg will be on the team at center, so either Kelly or Campbell will play the wing. Ference or Horton "rights" could return a mid-1st round pick. I like the Caron/Cleary comparison for a late bloomer. It's all up to Caron. My preference on D would be Chara/Seidenberg; Krug/McQ; and Bartkowski/Hamilton

No way i want mcQ in my top 4 pairing.  I dont want boychuk going anywhere.  Playing 3 young dmen is a lot to ask.   I think those guys are anchors for yrs to come.  But we saw as i predicted what would happen to hamilton.  Rookie dmen eventually are exposed.  mcQ is a good 5-6 guy when paired with a mobile dman.  My hope is that its chara/boychuk seidz/boychuk krug/mcQ. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Darren Dreger @DarrenDreger 26s

Carolina has 3 offers for the 5th pick and expects to have 5 or 6 trade options to consider. Decision likely just before first selection.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Crowls2424's comment:

Darren Dreger @DarrenDreger 26s

Carolina has 3 offers for the 5th pick and expects to have 5 or 6 trade options to consider. Decision likely just before first selection.

If Rutherford is offered NHL starters (ahh some bigger, better stay-at-home defensman) and stay in the 1st round. I don't see how he could say no.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Fluto Shinzawa @GlobeFluto 5m

Bruins talked with Lecavalier yesterday. Lecavalier open to switching positions.

Fluto Shinzawa @GlobeFluto 5m

Chiarelli surprised about Horton's decision.

Fluto Shinzawa @GlobeFluto 4m

Chiarelli: Seguin inquiries slowed after Horton announced intention.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

@Real_ESPNLeBrun 4m

"However, if both sides can complete it, it will indeed by eight years and $58 M ($7.25 M). But again, the deal is not quite done yet

Deal is still not officially signed on Letang. Agent and Pens GM still have to meet at the draft to iron out the last few wrinkles.(con'td)

Letang and Pens last night were debating two contracts: 4 yrs x $7.5 M or 8 yrs x $7.25 M"

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

@DarrenDreger 

"Bobrovsky being offered to teams by the Blue Jackets. Told he wants $6 mil per. Columbus in market for a goalie."

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

@DarrenDreger 

"Bobrovsky being offered to teams by the Blue Jackets. Told he wants $6 mil per. Columbus in market for a goalie.

Had a breakout year,but i'd calm down on the 6 million talk. Don't blame Columbus, I'd want to see more of a sample than 4 months before handing out that dough.

Hey, Philly might work.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

@bcbuzztap

BC Interruption >> BC Hockey Goaltender Parker Milner Signs With NY Islanders http://buzztap.com/-5uyNG8

I agree Kelv but if a GM that looks at his one good year with the Flyers, when they had a decent defense, and last year they might take a chance. This GM better have a good defense and be desperate for a goalie.

Holmgren needs to get his blueline together before he tries for another netminder.