Ryan Button......

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Ryan Button......

just signed a tryout contract with Bruins.Hope he has more success as a pro than a junior since he never managed to appear in a playoff game for his entire junior career.Here's hoping guys like him or Tommy Cross can add depth to the blue line for years to come.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Re: Ryan Button......

In Response to Ryan Button......:
    [QUOTE]just signed a tryout contract with Bruins.Hope he has more success as a pro than a junior since he never managed to appear in a playoff game for his entire junior career.Here's hoping guys like him or Tommy Cross can add depth to the blue line for years to come.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

We are starting to see some of PC's draft prospects make their way up the system with more to follow.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Ryan Button......:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Ryan Button...... : We are starting to see some of PC's draft prospects make their way up the system with more to follow.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-[/QUOTE]
    Don't tell the haters because then they may have to admit PC is doing a good job.....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Button is an intersting one. Has a lot of skill (I have seen him play on a few occasions) but is plagued with a perpetually bad team where he may pick up some nasty habits. It is not the best learning environment. He is none too big so he needs to rely on his skill and smarts. Kind of like many of the B's D prospects now that I think about it.....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

[QUOTE]Button is an intersting one. Has a lot of skill (I have seen him play on a few occasions) but is plagued with a perpetually bad team where he may pick up some nasty habits. It is not the best learning environment. He is none too big so he needs to rely on his skill and smarts. Kind of like many of the B's D prospects now that I think about it.....
    Posted by jmwalters[/QUOTE]

Thanks didnt know much about him. Isnt this the case with Alexendrov, Kampfer, Bartkowski (and potentially Murphy) as well..

Interesting choice stock up on potential PMD's.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

let's not forget about tommy cross(BC), who also looks to be a potential big B. lots of decent prospects- and a pick in the top 10-15 this year! this train is headed in the right direction.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ryan Button...... : Thanks didnt know much about him. Isnt this the case with Alexendrov, Kampfer, Bartkowski (and potentially Murphy) as well.. Interesting choice stock up on potential PMD's.
    Posted by I-Like-Hockey[/QUOTE]

You are right about that. You could even add older prospects like Bodnarchuk and the newly departed Penner. Oh yeah, and Warsofosky. PC obvioulsy has a certain preference.

As for Button, he had a good year his draft year and then regressed with his team the last two seaosns. As I said, it was probably not the best learning environment for him. I hope does well.....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

oops... you did mention cross dez, missed it the first time!  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

tons of talent, I think he needs 2, maybe 3 years in the A, but he could develop nicely as a pro

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]oops... you did mention cross dez, missed it the first time!  
    Posted by adkbeesfan[/QUOTE]
    If Cross can stay healthy he could end up being a solid pick.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

dez...does he have a history of being injured? i have to admit i don't follow the college game that closely enough to be in the know.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]dez...does he have a history of being injured? i have to admit i don't follow the college game that closely enough to be in the know.
    Posted by adkbeesfan[/QUOTE]
    Like many Bruins picks on D,he's had knee issues.I think he's been staying reasonably healthy for the the most part though.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattymcgee55. Show mattymcgee55's posts

Cross tore up his knee sliding into 3rd for his HS legion team, since then its been one thing after another. Tough injury situation for a kid.  Just named captain of the 2011/12 BC squad. Lots of upside but the injuries cant be ignored.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

shoot, with the crap they can do nowadays- can't he just get a new knee? my grandmother had a"new" knee and hip!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ryan Button...... : Like many Bruins picks on D,he's had knee issues.I think he's been staying reasonably healthy for the the most part though.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]
    He had his healthiest year this year and was very solid.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

PC definitely likes high-skill D...and given the importance of moving the puck quickly, that's not a bad idea.  You do still need your Charas and McQuaids, your Seidenbergs and Ferences.  That is, shut-down guys who, when you're luck, also give you good offensive numbers (Chara), and your rounded guys who aren't better at any one thing.  Cross would fit into that last category if he fits at all.  And I think Alexandrov may just be Ference if/when he makes it - sound, useful. There are no Charas or McQuaids in the system right now.  The whole development system is 80% smallish, offense oriented D and centres.  Centres can play wing (Marchand, Seguin) though.  Smallish D who use speed and good skating to play the D zone can't suddenly replace a big, long, shut down guy.  So - something to address in the draft?  Or through trade if next year's camp brings out the best in Cohen, Alexandrov, Bartkowski, Warsofsky and Button all at the same time?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

...oh and food for thought: Providence hasn't done well with a roster full of Penners and Bodnarchuks and Alexandrovs.  D corps has been a problem - not as big a problem as goaltending, but a problem.  Probably adds some pressure to add some quality size at some point. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

[QUOTE]...oh and food for thought: Providence hasn't done well with a roster full of Penners and Bodnarchuks and Alexandrovs.  D corps has been a problem - not as big a problem as goaltending, but a problem.  Probably adds some pressure to add some quality size at some point. 
    Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE]

I wouldnt mind trading down to add Oleksiak in this draft depending on where TOR ends up and who else is left when its our turn in the draft.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]...oh and food for thought: Providence hasn't done well with a roster full of Penners and Bodnarchuks and Alexandrovs.  D corps has been a problem - not as big a problem as goaltending, but a problem.  Probably adds some pressure to add some quality size at some point. 
    Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE]

Very good point. It may simply have been a case of too much of the same thing. Variety is good. That is why McQauid advanced as rapidly as he did once PC stole him from Columbus. Maybe Cross is the next sleeper. Oh yeah, and I totally forgot about Cohen. How is he doing?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Tell me if I'm wrong, but, I thought that Cohen is 6'3/4", and Bartkowski is also 6' 3" which could put them in the same category as Weber  and many other existing defensemen. Are you indicating that we need more size like Philly's Carle? Isn't the guy who came with Peverly 6' 8" ?  IMO Chiarelli would like to increase the speed of the Bruins defensemen, so they can skate with some of the ever larger, speedy forwards. Even Kaberle, who is very smooth, is not that fast, and often loses to agressive forwards. That said, last night the defense did handle Toews and others quite well. Perhaps Chicago was tired with two games on consecutive nights, but, Toews was truly frustrated.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]Tell me if I'm wrong, but, I thought that Cohen is 6'3/4", and Bartkowski is also 6' 3" which could put them in the same category as Weber  and many other existing defensemen. Are you indicating that we need more size like Philly's Carle? Isn't the guy who came with Peverly 6' 8" ?  IMO Chiarelli would like to increase the speed of the Bruins defensemen, so they can skate with some of the ever larger, speedy forwards. Even Kaberle, who is very smooth, is not that fast, and often loses to agressive forwards. That said, last night the defense did handle Toews and others quite well. Perhaps Chicago was tired with two games on consecutive nights, but, Toews was truly frustrated.
    Posted by bogie6[/QUOTE]

Cohen is big, no doubt. According to the roster list I am looking at right now Bartkowski is 6' 1'' and less than 200 pounds. He is physical though....

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

[QUOTE]Tell me if I'm wrong, but, I thought that Cohen is 6'3/4", and Bartkowski is also 6' 3" which could put them in the same category as Weber  and many other existing defensemen. Are you indicating that we need more size like Philly's Carle? Isn't the guy who came with Peverly 6' 8" ?  IMO Chiarelli would like to increase the speed of the Bruins defensemen, so they can skate with some of the ever larger, speedy forwards. Even Kaberle, who is very smooth, is not that fast, and often loses to agressive forwards. That said, last night the defense did handle Toews and others quite well. Perhaps Chicago was tired with two games on consecutive nights, but, Toews was truly frustrated.
    Posted by bogie6[/QUOTE]

I have heard and read not to expect much out of the guy from Atlanta unfortunately.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Maybe on skates, Bogie.  Bart's 6.1, Cohen 6.2, and both tip the scales at just over 200lbs.  But this is more about playing big.  Bart can hit, sure, but he didn't look ready to play heavy or to grind guys down in the D zone.  That's not Cohen's game either - from what little I've seen.  Size or no, most of these guys are in the system because of their offensive inclinations - and as I try to remind people, "offensive defenseman" is another way of saying "defensive liability" because if he was equally capable at both ends, you'd just call him a defenseman.

Valabik is 6'7", but he's a pylon, so he doesn't do much for the possiblity of the Bruins needing some capable, heavy d down the road.  Maybe Jack Black's available.  Oh, sorry, that's Tenacious D.