Ryder in the shootout.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from StJohnsbruinsfan. Show StJohnsbruinsfan's posts

Ryder in the shootout.

Does Julian have a brain??? Did he give Ryder a chance because it was his birthday. I don't understand.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

Re: Ryder in the shootout.

Pretty much.  But why did they all just shoot glove side.  What about changing the fun a lil bit to get Reimer guessing at least.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I went nuts when I saw Ryder in the shootout.

If it was on merit basis, Marchand should have gotten it.

Ryder after sitting out, hustles 3 times in the first period and he's the favorite son again.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from StJohnsbruinsfan. Show StJohnsbruinsfan's posts

Might of helped if they hit the net i suppose. Thank god theres no shootouts in the playoffs. I can't "bear" to watch when the bruins are involved in one.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from gardenbees. Show gardenbees's posts

I didn't understand Claude's choice....I thought he had to ride the 'hot hand'?  Horton has shown some sniper-like shots these past few games.  What about Marchant?  I hope this was a farewell valentine for Ryder....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

Ditto to everything said. Ryder is absolutely useless. Will C.J. have the nerve to make him watch playoffs from where he belongs? - The PRESSBOX!!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from StJohnsbruinsfan. Show StJohnsbruinsfan's posts

Agreed... Marchand would have been a much better choice. I'm starting to think Claude has some sort of serious memory loss problem. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from abra-cadaver. Show abra-cadaver's posts

Has Ryder ever even got a shot on goal in a shootout?  He has missed wide every single shootout attempt I can remember from him over the last couple seasons.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

Claude has no grasp for offensive hockey or hockey in the "new era". Bruins are horrid 4 on 4 and don't seem to do well in shootouts all though I dont have their shootout numbers this year to back that up.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from StJohnsbruinsfan. Show StJohnsbruinsfan's posts

In Response to Re: Ryder in the shootout.:
    [QUOTE]Has Ryder ever even got a shot on goal in a shootout?  He has missed wide every single shootout attempt I can remember from him over the last couple seasons.
    Posted by abra-cadaver[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure I seen him score one. The goalie must have been asleep or retarded because he does the same thing every time

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

I think Julien wanted to give a chance to Peverley who has been struggling with the B's and to Ryder (has'nt scored in his last 12 games) ...if they would have scored that would have given them more confidence...but it ended up the wrong way ...I also would have like to see Marchand in the SO and Horton but I get Julien's point ....but I hate to give 2 points to the Leafs that could be the difference between a 9th pick or a 12th pick  in the 1st round

Stanley cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Maybe CJ made a deal. You score I'll forget the 6 scoring chances you casused tonite. You don't! Bag skate tomorrow!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Why is anyone surprised ? Fluto to Julien "Why was Ryder in the shootout ? well I mean coach does he deserve to be ?"

Julien "Well you know I'm just trying to get Michael going he deserves a second chance."

Fluto "Umm coach how many chances ?"

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Ryder is 1-5 in the shootout this year.  Has has the 2nd most attempts on the team after Seguin. 

Last year, he was 2-10, tied for 3rd most attempts on the team (with Krejci), after Wheeler and Bergeron.

2008-09: 1-3

CJ loves this guy, and despite the benching, gives him every opportunity to rebound.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Hmmm...Marchand, Bergeron, Krecji, Horton, Lucic (the leading goalscorer). Nope, Ryder....dammit Julien!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from StJohnsbruinsfan. Show StJohnsbruinsfan's posts

I'd almost rather see chara go in there and wind up for a slapshot.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

[QUOTE]I went nuts when I saw Ryder in the shootout. If it was on merit basis, Marchand should have gotten it. Ryder after sitting out, hustles 3 times in the first period and he's the favorite son again.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]
    Marchand was great, BadHab.  Couldn't agree more.  So glad to see CJ's picks outside of Seguin.  I thought we had a chance after that......

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from gardenbees. Show gardenbees's posts

Not that this is a big deal in the larger picture, but we could've clinched the NE Division tonight.  They have such a hard time at closing the deal...a reocurring nightmare....please show us you can finish something...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

[QUOTE]I think Julien wanted to give a chance to Peverley who has been struggling with the B's and to Ryder (has'nt scored in his last 12 games) ...if they would have scored that would have given them more confidence...but it ended up the wrong way ...I also would have like to see Marchand in the SO and Horton but I get Julien's point ....but I hate to give 2 points to the Leafs that could be the difference between a 9th pick or a 12th pick  in the 1st round Stanley cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013
    Posted by StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011[/QUOTE]

I agree completely.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Top 5 Bruins Goal-scorers/ Shoutout Stats
    Lucic: 30/ 0-1
    Horton: 24/ 0-1
    Bergeron: 22/ 0-3
    Marchand: 21/ 0-0
    Ryder: 17/ 1-5

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from StJohnsbruinsfan. Show StJohnsbruinsfan's posts

[QUOTE]I think Julien wanted to give a chance to Peverley who has been struggling with the B's and to Ryder (has'nt scored in his last 12 games) ...if they would have scored that would have given them more confidence...but it ended up the wrong way ...I also would have like to see Marchand in the SO and Horton but I get Julien's point ....but I hate to give 2 points to the Leafs that could be the difference between a 9th pick or a 12th pick  in the 1st round Stanley cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

I understand him wanting to do this. But when they can claim the NE division tonight and Ryder is coughing the puck up more than Komisarek on a normal night, do you really want to reward him by letting him shoot in the SO.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from StJohnsbruinsfan. Show StJohnsbruinsfan's posts

[QUOTE]Top 5 Bruins Goal-scorers/ Shoutout Stats Lucic: 30/ 0-1 Horton: 24/ 0-1 Bergeron: 22/ 0-3 Marchand: 21/ 0-0 Ryder: 17/ 1-5
    Posted by Crowls2424[/QUOTE]

What this tell me is that Claude should really give these guys a few more chances. And in Marchands case, any chance at all would be nice. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ryder in the shootout. : I understand him wanting to do this. But when they can claim the NE division tonight and Ryder is coughing the puck up more than Komisarek on a normal night, do you really want to reward him by letting him shoot in the SO.
    Posted by St.johnsbruinsfan[/QUOTE]

But, but it was his birthday....lol!!! Poor call by Julien. Let's hope he is getting this out of his system before the playoffs start....

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruins-Unite. Show Bruins-Unite's posts

Not only was the decision to put Ryder in the SO ridiculous, but Ryder showed how little emotion he has invested in this team. He didn't even seem to put in any effort!

On the other hand, Marchand gets grief for the golf swing. Still laughing. This guy's nuts. And he cares. It's nice to see a little emotional investment.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Good post Stanley