Ryder scored his 32nd tonight

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Ryder scored his 32nd tonight

What a season he is having , he is one of the reason the Dallas Stars will make the playoffs...do you miss him ...I do....was it a bad decision to let him go ...?? I say yes Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 (sent from my IPad)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrynewyork. Show jerrynewyork's posts

Re: Ryder scored his 32nd tonight

i said yes then and i say it with you now. i was convinced by the money experts that he was too expensive,so i didn't feel so bad when he left.

i have no problem with a player like Ryder who may or may not show up everynight
    but when it's time to produce....well,you know the rest.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Come on !  I like the guy but not another Ryder thread.
    BTW Stanley your Sens lost and soon you'll owe Red some money.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rlprentiss. Show rlprentiss's posts

It's just a hell of a game to begin with. And Ryder is on one of his hot streaks right now and is looking good out there. I personally do miss him. As frustrating as he could be when he would disappear for stretches, yeah I miss his goal scoring ability. Plus he always shows up and scores some huge playoff goals and occasionally makes decent glove saves.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

he's #10 in the NHL in goals right now.

players Ryder it outscoring:

• Ilya Kovalchuk
    • John Tavares
    • Jarome Iginla
    • Daniel Sedin
    • Jonathan Toews
    • Zach Parise
    • Jason Spezza
    • Bobby Ryan
    • Claude Giroux
    • Rick Nash
    • Martin St. Louis
    • Teemu Selanne

( I ignored to new kids on the block)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobbyOrrAlumni. Show BobbyOrrAlumni's posts

In Response to Ryder scored his 32nd tonight:
    [QUOTE]What a season he is having , he is one of the reason the Dallas Stars will make the playoffs...do you miss him ...I do....was it a bad decision to let him go ...?? I say yes Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 (sent from my IPad)
    Posted by StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011[/QUOTE]

Get a life !  He was 3rd line materail at best in Boston. With a rebuilding Dallas team he plays more ... so what ?   Remember Pierre Larouche ? He played with an awful Pittsburg Penguins team...scored 50 goals or more several times with a team that never came close to making the playoffs !  When he was traded to the Canadians he was a total bust , because they expected him to take his defensive duties seriouly.  All this to say that if Ryder was still a Bruin this year he'd have about 15 goals , but  I  do miss his defensive play on the 3rd line . Peverley, Ryder and Kelly would make an awesome 3rd line  for the playoff run.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from teibore1. Show teibore1's posts

Well with all the Ryder love at least the man-love for Kessel seems to have died. Ryder was a 3rd line forward scoring less than 20 goals for 4 million per year. If Chia signed him for 4 years everyone would have gone crazy. Remember he had good numbers his first year here then slid back for the next three. PS the B's lead the NHL in scoring despite losing Horton and Peverly.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

We already had a lengthy Ryder thread. Yes I liked him and still do. No, it wasn't a bad decision not to sign him in the summer. You can't evaluate decisions in hind-sight. A decision is made with the knowledge you have at the time. After back-to-back seasons of 18 goals with solid playoffs playing on the third line Dallas offered $3.5 million.  Boston wanted to give up-and-comers Seguin and Marchand powerplay time so they could step up to the next level. Should you pay $4 million to guy who will play 3rd line minutes and no longer see the pp? Absolutely not. They should not have signed him to a large contract. If it was $2 million? Sure. He probably wanted to go to Dallas and play a larger role anyway.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Two comments:

I don't think anyone would take Ryder over any of those players, regarless of how many goals he has this season.

What your list does show is that the value of "star" players in the NHL is over-rated. There are only a handful of players that are truly worth big bucks.

In Response to Re: Ryder scored his 32nd tonight:
    [QUOTE]he's #10 in the NHL in goals right now. players Ryder it outscoring: Ilya Kovalchuk John Tavares Jarome Iginla Daniel Sedin Jonathan Toews Zach Parise Jason Spezza Bobby Ryan Claude Giroux Rick Nash Martin St. Louis Teemu Selanne ( I ignored to new kids on the block)
    Posted by Olsonic[/QUOTE]

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

these update threads on past bruins are like keeping tabs on how your ex-girlfriend is doing. kinda sad. he's no longer with the bruins. he scores twenty something on the best team in the league, thirty something on a non-playoff bound team. why is this noteworthy? my memories of ryder will have nothing to do with him scoring goals, but rather him making a save. the fact remains the ryder-less bruins are first in their division and second in the east. be happy with the team we have, things could be worse. if the bruins were out of the playoff picture at this point of the season, go ahead, tell us how much we need ryder. this is not the case, let's move on. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

In Response to Re: Ryder scored his 32nd tonight:
    [QUOTE]these update threads on past bruins are like keeping tabs on how your ex-girlfriend is doing. kinda sad. he's no longer with the bruins. he scores twenty something on the best team in the league, thirty something on a non-playoff bound team. why is this noteworthy? my memories of ryder will have nothing to do with him scoring goals, but rather him making a save. the fact remains the ryder-less bruins are first in their division and second in the east. be happy with the team we have, things could be worse. if the bruins were out of the playoff picture at this point of the season, go ahead, tell us how much we need ryder. this is not the case, let's move on. 
    Posted by adkbeesfan[/QUOTE]

Dallas is in 3rd in the west and looks like a solid playoff contender. Not sure why you think they aren't a playoff bound team.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Ryder + Recchi (32 + 0 = 32)

Seguin + Pouliot (26 + 12 = 38)

Seems to me we've made an improvement.

Good luck, Michael, all the best to you. Let's meet in the final.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

you are correct lambda. there is a chance they won't make it though. it's a log jam for their division crown, and there's no guarantee the second place team gets in. i got a little dramatic. these final couple weeks are going to be fun, for both conferences. honestly, i kinda have tunnel vision these days, i don't care where any other team finishes. just want the b's to be playing their best come playoff time. when they are at their best, THEY ARE THE BEST. go b's

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

True that adk. I just like the Stars as a team, 2008 debacle aside. I think they have a lot of talent and Lehtonen (sp?) is a beast in net. They are a very good team. Ericson, Morrow, Benn, Ryder (I know...), and Lehtonen. Can't name a d-man in there but they have some good offensive talent right there.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlankStares. Show BlankStares's posts

Addition through subtraction. I dont miss the coasting buffoon.

64.5% of statistics are made up on the spot. Give me a second and I'll show you why its still a good thing he is gone.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from montecristo. Show montecristo's posts

Thanks for the hindsight idiot OP.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from davecarr. Show davecarr's posts

Ryder is very good in Dallas's system. But that doesn't mean he would be putting up number like that here. Dallas has given up more goals than they scored. They have the division lead at the moment, but are 1 point out of 10th place. With LA playing as well as it has been, and Pheonix right there with them, there is no margin for error. Bruins have 7 points and 2 games in hand with 9 games to play ver the 9th seeded team. They will be in the playoffs Besides, Bruins have scored 43 more goals than Dallas this year. While I wish Ryder nothing but the best, I don't think it was a mistake to let him go.