Ryder sit's

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

Re: Ryder sit's

forget the playoffs, there is no reason for thornton to play now.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Maybe this is Cam? IDK It makes me feel dumb saying this because I really dont think that Cam has influence on who plays/sits but this is just a headscratcher for CJ to have made this decision.

Maybe Cam noticed Ryder hasnt passed the puck 1x in like 5 games like people on here have.

I agree with the others though. For the playoffs there is no purpose in thornton playing maybe 1x game a series. I think thats about how the ducks used him.

For the playoffs
    KHL
    Marchand-Bergy-Recchi
    Peverley-Seguin-Kelly
    Paille-Campbell-Ryder

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In Response to Re: Ryder sit's:
    [QUOTE]forget the playoffs, there is no reason for thornton to play now.
    Posted by goodnewsbears[/QUOTE]

agreed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Newfiebullet. Show Newfiebullet's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ryder sit's : There is absolutely no reason for Thornton to play in the playoffs. None. He is neither an offensive or defensive player. He is not good at face-offs ala Konopka. He should not play. Period.
    Posted by 50belowzero[/QUOTE]

Totally agree. He should not have played last year. The team was desperately lacking speed & they had Marchand sitting & Thornton playing. If there is no fighting Thornton brings nothing on the ice.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

Finally!  I have been saying this for weeks now...Ryder has been awful, and refuses to play team hockey!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Thornton is physical.  I don't know how this is disputable.  All of a sudden everyone wants a lethal 4th line so Thornton is a scapegoat?

Sorry, not buying it. 

Campbell works well as a solid faceoff man at the Center spot and Paille is a fine 4th line, two way forward, who actually scores goals from time to time.

Guess what? Seguin has never played NHL hockey for a full season and hasn't proven to be consistent nor is he physical.

Now is not the time to be experimenting with a rookie, crossing your fingers and hoping for the best.

I want the 4th line to be physical and to be a second option as a checking line against another team's top two lines.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

i'll believe it when i see it...but....i have no problem with it. he hasn't passed the puck in a month.he has been the most frustrating player to watch all season. we'll find out at game time... GO B'S

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

Seguin will be on the 3rd line with Recchi and Kelly

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

is there any way to get recchi to sit also?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtassinarisoccer. Show jtassinarisoccer's posts

[QUOTE]My day just got that much better...last game was Ryder's worst of the year
    Posted by Tuckerw3[/QUOTE]

So THIS is what makes your day better?? omg

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Now here's the thing that will have some people jumping for joy: the Bruins have been practicing with 3 sets of power-play forwards lately, each simply the line they normally play on.
    Posted by DrCC[/QUOTE]
    I've thought for awhile that CJ should just roll the 3 lines on the PP.With the way he's mixed and matched on the PP lately,it takes 3 or 4 shifts to get the lines reset again.There was a time when he had a player from each of the 3 lines together on the PP.It didn't make much sense to me.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

So everyone complains and wants him to sit but now they're complaining that he might actually sit. (scratches head).

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]So everyone complains and wants him to sit but now they're complaining that he might actually sit. (scratches head).
    Posted by callodthedom19[/QUOTE]
    Bruins fans complain......it's what we do.There were complaints after the 8-1 Tampa beatdown so......

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from buzzywuzdenko. Show buzzywuzdenko's posts

Who cares why who cares how. All I care about is CJ is willing to go public and try to light a fire under MR's behind! It would do him and the Bruins good if he sat and realized there might be others who will be willing to pay the price and fill his position with some energy. Yea he's got goals but his play is PREDICTABLE. He doesn't pass and he's easy to knock off the puck. Stick the kid in there regularly because MR won't be there once the season ends. They had a chance to dump him and they didn't.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]So everyone complains and wants him to sit but now they're complaining that he might actually sit. (scratches head).
    Posted by callodthedom19[/QUOTE]

Well, yah.
    some lady runs you over.
    then backs over you.
    then runs you over again
    then backs over you.
    then gets out and says she's sorry she won't do it again.

Yes, she apologized, yes you are ticked off, yes, she's not running over you *again*, but your still ticked off.

why?

she's not running over you anymore, why are you complaining?  (scratches head)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

Did hell freeze over today? Great news about time seguin plays with non 4th liners and its about time Ryder rides the pine! Maybe claude reads these boards? I think Cam might have forced this. Either way long over due and about time.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

[QUOTE]Did hell freeze over today? Great news about time seguin plays with non 4th liners and its about time Ryder rides the pine! Maybe claude reads these boards? I think Cam might have forced this. Either way long over due and about time.
    Posted by LUCICmilan17[/QUOTE]

CJ has a father's love for Ryder.  I love my daughters too but I still do polite admonish them when I think thing are going poorly.  I agre with BadHab but on the other hand I think Seguin should have been playing more earlier in the season.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from thefly8. Show thefly8's posts

As much as I hate Ryder, Paille should be the one sitting!

Again, as much as I hate his soft play he is one of the Bs more skilled players.

I hate montreal!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49thparallel. Show 49thparallel's posts

A lot of candidates to sit. They can rotate through Ryder, Paille, Recchi and Thorton. Draw straws if they have to....

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]A lot of candidates to sit. They can rotate through Ryder, Paille, Recchi and Thorton. Draw straws if they have to....
    Posted by 49thparallel[/QUOTE]
    At least he's setting a precedent that nobody is above being sat for game if the effort isn't there.He should be rotating amongst the guys you mention anyway.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Wait.  I've got it.  Ryder is not being punished, but being rested.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Wait.  I've got it.  Ryder is not being punished, but being rested.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]
    Thornton was a wasted roster spot tonight.I kept waiting for him to finish a check but I didn't see any.If he's not fighting he's got to be finishing checks bare minimum.Right now he's not even doing that.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

So Ryder sat.  so how did that work out?

Was he ultra motivated against Nashville?

Following through on checks?

Hustling?

My opinion.  A little more effort.  Not a lot more.  Started out hustling in the first, then settled back into his usual routine.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Ryder to the 4th line , Thornton sits, period.