Ryder to Montreal

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from STFXbruins. Show STFXbruins's posts

Ryder to Montreal

according to tsn update

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: Ryder to Montreal

I just heard it on NHL Network. For Eric Cole, so I stand corrected Joe Nieuwendyk doesn't need Ryder as much as I thought. Someone help me out with how this helps Dallas ?

Edit: @TSNBobMcKenzie

"MTL trades Erik Cole to DAL for Michael Ryder."

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Guess he is not making a return to beantown any time soon....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

yup done deal. Sorry Krispy I wil be hating him from now on.

Seems like the Bruins had interest for him also but probably meant another top6 fwd had to go the otherway.

p.s. Habs also got a 3rd round pick.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

Wow,  thought he was run out of Montreal before. He's an easy guy to love or hate. 

It might be a salary cap thing, as he's a lower cost player, and is a UFA at season's end. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Interesting. I would have kept Cole over Ryder but that is just me....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I'm shocked.  Strange for both teams, I think...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

Seems like the Bruins had interest for him also but probably meant another top6 fwd had to go the otherway.

Yah PC probably refused to give up top 6 forward Peverley LoL

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

I don't understand the reason why Dallas would do this. Then I heard they threw a third round pick in to. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

You just know he'll be good against the Bruins now...damn it...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

When I go Sunday night can see it coming! Ugh!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Well, so much for my "why would Dallas deal him while they are in contention for a playoff spot" theory..Also, why for Erik Cole? I ddin't see this one coming, but tI think Montreal got the better player..Not sure I would have said this 2 years ago.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

Cole , I had read, was not liking it in Montreal at all and obviously his play showed it  and he wanted out...

i remember him saying prior to start of season he was thinking of retiring..  Not exactly the kind of commitment  Bergevin was looking for .. Your either all in or your not...  I will take Ryder over this guy... Never has been the same player since the major injury...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Well, they got a top six forward back (not just a '2nd round pick'), but still.  This seems like a terrible deal for Dallas.  Is it a salary dump?  Already?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

Interesting. I would have kept Cole over Ryder but that is just me....

Yeah, I'm almost with ya... I'd say it is not a big improvement!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:

Yeah, I'm almost with ya... I'd say it is not a big improvement!

Will probably prove to be a wash point-wise in the end but Cole is much more physical. Ryder is going to take a pounding in this division. Again, just my two-cents.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

Well, they got a top six forward back (not just a '2nd round pick'), but still.  This seems like a terrible deal for Dallas.  Is it a salary dump?  Already?

Cole is making $1 million more than Ryder, so not for Dallas. But our favorite ex-bruin is a UFA at the end of the season and will likely get a big contract the way he is going. In a way it is a salary dump for th ehabs who get Cole off the books for the next two years.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

The only thing I can think of, with Ryders deal expiring, perhaps they tried to sign him and he informed them that he wasnt interested in staying.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Cole is making $1 million more than Ryder, so not for Dallas. But our favorite ex-bruin is a UFA at the end of the season and will likely get a big contract the way he is going. In a way it is a salary dump for th ehabs who get Cole off the books for the next two years.

[/QUOTE]

Good point.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

The only thing I can think of, with Ryders deal expiring, perhaps they tried to sign him and he informed them that he wasnt interested in staying.

That would make sense, I guess.  But you'd still think they would wait until the trade deadline and let the bidding heat up.  He is one of their leading scorers...I can't figure this out.

And the draft pick too...??

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to cowboys9's comment:

Cole , I had read, was not liking it in Montreal at all and obviously his play showed it  and he wanted out...

i remember him saying prior to start of season he was thinking of retiring..  Not exactly the kind of commitment  Bergevin was looking for .. Your either all in or your not...  I will take Ryder over this guy... Never has been the same player since the major injury...

http://www.montrealgazette.com/sports/hockey/montreal-canadiens/Canadiens+trade+Erik+Cole+Stars/8019851/story.html

He must have wanted out badly.  According to this he had to waive his no trade clause for the trade to go throughl.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Neecic. Show Neecic's posts

if i'm the Bruins, i choose Ryder over Cole, if i'm the habs, i'm not so sure.  Arent they in desperate need of more guys that play like him and less that play everyone else on that team except prust?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Mad Mike says the Shabs got Ryder for his powerplay production LoL

Kieth Jones says Dallas got the better of the deal becuase Cole will do more riding with Benn and Jagr...

I'm going with Kelv's theory. Ryder and his agent informed Nieuwendyk they were going to market with 35 goals as Ryders calling card. Can't blame him or Joe...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

honestly i like this deal for dallas. cole scored 35 goals last year and brings a lot more to the table when he isn't scoring than ryder does when he isn't scoring.