Ryder's Shootout Record?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Devanjan. Show Devanjan's posts

Ryder's Shootout Record?

Does anybody out there know Michael Ryder's carreer record in shoot outs?
    As I recall it was well less than 10%.  I can only ever recall him taking shots on goalies and never making a deke. While his shooting accuracy (in shots on goal is a respectable 15-16%. on Saturday night, all I recall the announcer saying was Ryder's shots were high  or wide, or blocked.  I cannot understand Julian putting him in as the third shooter.   

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Re: Ryder's Shootout Record?

Lots of interesting stuff to look at there, if you are willing to dig a little bit

Ryder is now 4-25 in the shootout.  Same as his in-game shooting percentage, which is interesting.  It suggests the only way he scores is simply by beating the goalie.  Not a lot of positives on the Bruins roster for shootout performance, though.

Julien's SO decision making process is a mystery to us.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: Ryder's Shootout Record?:
    [QUOTE]http://www.nhl.com/ice/shootoutstats.htm?fetchKey=20112BOSAAZAll&sort=shootingPctg&viewName=shootoutSkaterCareerTotals Lots of interesting stuff to look at there, if you are willing to dig a little bit Ryder is now 4-25 in the shootout.  Same as his in-game shooting percentage, which is interesting.  It suggests the only way he scores is simply by beating the goalie.  Not a lot of positives on the Bruins roster for shootout performance, though. Julien's SO decision making process is a mystery to us.
    Posted by DrCC[/QUOTE]

re: the Bruins roster, true, however it looks to me like there are a few players on it that are better than Ryder.

I would not sayi it's a mystery, I'd call it baffling.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from puckstopa. Show puckstopa's posts

I feel like shootout precentage is a really tough stat to look at and get a definitive answer on how a player does in the shootout.  I would rather use the eye test when thinking shootout.  When I use the eye test on Ryder's shootout attempts I just don't see anything there, he is a staright shooter.  Ryder does not have any tricks up his sleeves when coming in, simply put if the goalie holds his ground most of Ryder's efforts are posts or missed nets.

There are some other B's whose numbers are not as good but atleast they have some creativity and moves to give themselves a shot.  Seguin is obvious a great example but even guys like Krejci and Savard have those trick shot abilities in them to fool the goalie and atleast the goalie has to think, I mean hell even Chara on the SO has two moves(the slapshot or the slapshot fake) Ryder simply has hard wrist shot.

I would like to see these guys ahead of Ryder each and everytime, Savard, Seguin, Krejci, Horton, Wheeler, Bergeron, and Horton.  But we all know no matter what Ryder does CLAUDE has some man-crush on him so expect him to continue to get his chances.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mmarzella. Show mmarzella's posts

I think Ryder must have naked pictures of Julien wih a ho!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

In Response to Re: Ryder's Shootout Record?:
    [QUOTE]I feel like shootout precentage is a really tough stat to look at and get a definitive answer on how a player does in the shootout.  I would rather use the eye test when thinking shootout.  When I use the eye test on Ryder's shootout attempts I just don't see anything there, he is a staright shooter.  Ryder does not have any tricks up his sleeves when coming in, simply put if the goalie holds his ground most of Ryder's efforts are posts or missed nets. There are some other B's whose numbers are not as good but atleast they have some creativity and moves to give themselves a shot.  Seguin is obvious a great example but even guys like Krejci and Savard have those trick shot abilities in them to fool the goalie and atleast the goalie has to think, I mean hell even Chara on the SO has two moves(the slapshot or the slapshot fake) Ryder simply has hard wrist shot. I would like to see these guys ahead of Ryder each and everytime, Savard, Seguin, Krejci, Horton, Wheeler, Bergeron, and Horton.  But we all know no matter what Ryder does CLAUDE has some man-crush on him so expect him to continue to get his chances.
    Posted by puckstopa[/QUOTE]

Nice post puckstopa! Me thinks CJ makes decisions based upon the quickness of the shot.  The issue is the Ryder shutout at the shootout has become routine.  Time to try something different, to this fan Horton has a quick release.  Geez I would take Lucic at this point.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

"But we all know no matter what Ryder does CLAUDE has some man-crush on him so expect him to continue to get his chances."

Far to true....

9. This post has been removed.