Sabres Offer Shane Doan Contract

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

Sabres Offer Shane Doan Contract

It has been reported by Sportsnet that the Buffalo Sabres have offered Shane Doan a 4 year 30 million dollar contract. I think 7.5 million per year for Doan at this stage of his career might be a little much. Also, will he want to go to Buffalo ? Any thoughts...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Sabres Offer Shayne Doan Contract

If true, and he accepts it, I see this as fantastic news for fans...of all other Adams Division teams.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

How much are they giving him to keep the Y in his name?

Buffalo spent stupidly last season, and seems they didnt want to go all summer without a ridiculous purchase.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from newfiewhaler. Show newfiewhaler's posts

So Doan is better than every Bruin except Chara? Absolutely ridiculous!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

If true that's an absurd amount of dough for Doan. Nice player but not that nice.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

In Response to Re: Sabres Offer Shayne Doan Contract:
    [QUOTE]If true, and he accepts it, I see this as fantastic news for fans...of all other Adams Division teams.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]
    Why should they all be happy ? It seems like every team in the Northeast / Adams Division have made moves to improve themselves while the Bruins have done virtually nothing.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sabres Offer Shayne Doan Contract : Why should they all be happy ? It seems like every team in the Northeast / Adams Division have made moves to improve themselves while the Bruins have done virtually nothing.
    Posted by jpBsSoxFan[/QUOTE]
    Not to be picky but which other team in the division drastically improved? Did Ottawa do something I didn't hear about? The Sabres gave up Roy and brought in Steve Ott. The Leafs and Habs are still the Leafs and Habs.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sabres Offer Shayne Doan Contract : Not to be picky but which other team in the division drastically improved? Did Ottawa do something I didn't hear about? The Sabres gave up Roy and brought in Steve Ott. The Leafs and Habs are still the Leafs and Habs.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]
    I wouldn't say they drastically improved but other teams did make some moves. The Leafs got JVR which should help with scoring, the Habs had a great draft & got tougher with the additions of Colby Armstrong & Brandon Prust. The Sabres are trying to be active, not sure on the Sens though. Probably not a big deal, but it just seems the Bruins have been dormant the entire offseason.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sabres Offer Shayne Doan Contract : I wouldn't say they drastically improved but other tams did make some moves. The Leafs got JVR which should help with scoring, the Habs had a great draft & got tougher with the additions of Colby Armstrong & Brandon Prust. The Sabres are trying to be active, not sure on the Sens though. Probably not a big deal, but it just seems the Bruins have been dormant the entire offseason.
    Posted by jpBsSoxFan[/QUOTE]
    TT's status and the lack of a CBA hasn't made things easy for PC. Cheers!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sabres Offer Shayne Doan Contract : TT's status and the lack of a CBA hasn't made things easy for PC. Cheers!
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

I can certainly appreciate that.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Sabres Offer Shayne Doan Contract:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sabres Offer Shayne Doan Contract : Probably not a big deal, but it just seems the Bruins have been dormant the entire offseason. Posted by jpBsSoxFan[/QUOTE]

I think the only add PC was going to try to make this offseason was with Thomas's money. If TT gets dealt and Ryan is still available after the CBA is settled I believe PC may go out n get insurance for Horton.

As far as Doan he has shown that he will give Phoenix every chance to keep him. I would be a little surprised if he dashed for the North East.

12. This post has been removed.