SAMSONOV WOULD BE A NICE FIT

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from xenimus. Show xenimus's posts

Re: SAMSONOV WOULD BE A NICE FIT

In Response to SAMSONOV WOULD BE A NICE FIT:
    [QUOTE]WOULD CAROLINA SEND SAMSONOV BACK TO THE BRUINS, HE CAN STILL PLAY AN HAS HEART , TO BAD THE BRUINS LET GLEN MURRAY GO HE SCORED ALOT OF GOALS
    Posted by anddebbv[/QUOTE]

Love Samsonov, and for the ice time that he is getting (about 9min) he's having a tremendous year for Carolina. I swear, Paul Maurice must not like the guy. Only reason he's even playing on a line with Staal now is because they have no one else that's been clicking with him. He has been playing 4th line for most of the year.

Here's a trade i would consider:

To CAR:

Michael Ryder (FA)
    Zach Hamill
    Mark Stuart

To BOS:

Joni Pitkanen
    Sergei Samsonov (FA)

Sergei is a very dangerous player on the PP, always has been. 21pts including 9g in limited playing time.

PP #1 (Savard-injured)

Lucic - Krejci - Recchi

Bergeron - Chara

PP #2

Horton - Seguin - Samsonov

Pitkanen - Kampfer

*And your certainty left with plenty of options on the bench...(Wheeler, Marchand, Boychuck) So you can mix and match PP-units at will.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Realy...do you think PC is even remotely thinking about bringing back an MOC retread?  And I'm sure CJ would just love to have a guy who can't backcheck.  Sheesh!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Sami is a great skater.  But he can't score.  I think we would be better off looking for a 3rd line center.  Jason Arnott who can play the wing some as well would be a better fit at the moment.  Bring Andy Greene with him.  I would do the same pkg for them minus Stuart and add a 2nd round pick.  Maybe our 1st rounder. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Samsonov can't score?????
    wow

Say what you want but I remember going to B's games while they were awful and lifeless but every game Sammy would do something that just left me in awe..His fault is he is too much of an east west player...Love his skill.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

No he wouldnt. Cased closed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Kelv
    His highest annual total since 06-07 has been 16.  Not exactly a 50 goal scorer on our hands.  I watch him in amazement as well.  He is so shifty and so skilled you would think he would score more goals.  But the bottom line is that he is not that big of a scorer.  If he were he likely wouldnt be on the 3-4th line in Carolina. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

I had enough of his act of skating around in the offensive zone, refusing to pass the puck, then either have someone take the puck away, or he would just fall down, and lose it...NO THANKS.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsFanInPenTerritory. Show BruinsFanInPenTerritory's posts

In Response to SAMSONOV WOULD BE A NICE FIT:
    [QUOTE]WOULD CAROLINA SEND SAMSONOV BACK TO THE BRUINS, HE CAN STILL PLAY AN HAS HEART , TO BAD THE BRUINS LET GLEN MURRAY GO HE SCORED ALOT OF GOALS
    Posted by anddebbv[/QUOTE]What is with the caps lock dude?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from fordprefect. Show fordprefect's posts

We already have a Samsonov, but with grit.  His name is Brad Marchand.  I wouldn't be surprised if his PP minutes go up soon. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

samsonov?? no thanks, i'd rather stick with what we have.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlsonicCreations. Show OlsonicCreations's posts

no.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jman4. Show jman4's posts

No way I want to see this guy come back. Who wants to see him skate around into a corner to the point he screws himself into the ice and then the other team just takes the puck from him.

Go B's 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Would he be an upgrade to who the Bruins have on the top 3 lines ? Nope. And I don't think having a $2.5M small finesse forward on the 4th line is what this team needs.

Pass.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Sammy is on the 1st line in Carolina playing along side Eric Staal...also is on the #1 PP unit of late...Highly skilled player with defensive faults. Might be dating myslef here but would love to see him back here.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

In Response to Re: SAMSONOV WOULD BE A NICE FIT:
    [QUOTE]Kelv His highest annual total since 06-07 has been 16.  Not exactly a 50 goal scorer on our hands.  I watch him in amazement as well.  He is so shifty and so skilled you would think he would score more goals.  But the bottom line is that he is not that big of a scorer.  If he were he likely wouldnt be on the 3-4th line in Carolina. 
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

My buddy Matty (Av's head trainer) told me this story about Sammy.

The B's were playing in CO. After their morning skate while some of the Av's players were standing on the bench (intimidation). Samsonov took a bunch of players gloves & lined them up about 6-10 inches apart. Then started stick handling 2 pucks at the same time. In perfect sync & not missing the gap. Forsberg was one of the players & they applauded what they witnessed. Not in a sarcastic way either.
    Loved Sammy, won me a play-off pool in 06. Not the right players, or system for him here though.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Yeah I saw Kovalev after a pre-game skate with Nedved.  Watching what they could do with a puck is just amazing, the speed and control is just simply amazing.  Sami is a high skill fwd, problem is he has never put it all together.

Kev, Sami has been in the dog house and if he were playing with Staal he would have better numbers.  I am not trying to argue but he doesnt see the ice as much as you think.  But I would much rather have him over Ryder and wheeler for what it is worth